Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting notifications on Pixel 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got a new phone and don't know how to get the text message and phone call alerts to show up?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experiencing @asandvballSmiley Very Happy 

As it has been mentioned, the developer team is aware of the need to add new devices to the list of compatible devices. There are some users who can synchronize with non-compatible devices. If your phone meets the requirement of Minimum Supported OS (Android 4.4 KitKat), you can try the tips on the following help article: Synchronization troubleshoot, set up troubleshoot or even notifications troubleshoot

Note that we don't guarantee that the synchronization would be will be successful as we are still testing on this phone model.  

Also, as you mentioned, I recommend double check the following:

1. Open your "Messages" app on your Android device.
  2. Go to "Settings."
  3. Click on "Notifications."
  4. Make sure there is a checkmark next to "Preview Message" (As shown below).

Screenshot_2015-09-22-12-50-12.png

Have a great day! I'll be around if you need assistance. Woman Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @veggalSmiley Very Happy Hmmm... I think that the reason why you're not getting notifications is because the Pixel 2 is not a supported device. This means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added it to the list what means that we don't have a estimated date on when it will be added. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try to see if you can successfully connect your tracker. 

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a Windows 10/Mac computer with integrated Bluetooth 4.0 running the Fitbit Software. Our Android team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

My sister owns a Huawei which is not yet a supported device, but she has tried the following (which I think won't hurt if you try that as well):

1. Your phone must not be set to "visibile for other devices"
2. Your phone must not be "searching for other devices"

If either of these two things are active, the Fitbit cannot connect.

In other words, you have to set it to invisble, and you have to click the stop button if it is searching for devices. So, bluetooth should be on, but not doing anything at all in the bluethooth menu. Then force quit the Fitbit app and it'll sync. At least it has done with my sister's phone for over a month or so.

I will also make sure to update you in this thread when the Pixel 2 is added to the supported devices list. 

Last but not least, if you try with another compatible device but your notifications are still not working, please check this post and follow the troubleshooting steps provided. The restart for Charge 2 can be found here

I'll be around! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

When will this be fixed?  The device syncs but cannot be configured to receive notifications.  It keeps re-directing to Android notification setting for the Fitbit app which is already enabled.

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping up here @TechGuy, welcome on board! Well my friend, as I've stated above, we don't have a estimated date on when it will be added. 

However, if you're able to sync but not able to get notifications I'd recommend trying these troubleshooting steps. I can assure they will work, but since you're able to sync maybe the recommended suggestions may do the trick. 

Hopefully this sorts it out! 

Best Answer

I was able to get my Pixel 2 XL to sync notifications. They were not working the first 2 weeks so I went into the app and checked the settings. After getting all the below information set up it now works

in the fitbit app on the phone, I went to that device I wanted to sync, clicked on notifications and a setup screen came up. went through those steps and gave permissions and one other setting I don't recall. 

I think to get back to that its under Apps & Notifications > See all ## apps > got to Fitbit

then App notifications, make sure they are on

also go to permissions, and make sure the notifications you want are in the on position

hope this helps

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experiencing @asandvballSmiley Very Happy 

As it has been mentioned, the developer team is aware of the need to add new devices to the list of compatible devices. There are some users who can synchronize with non-compatible devices. If your phone meets the requirement of Minimum Supported OS (Android 4.4 KitKat), you can try the tips on the following help article: Synchronization troubleshoot, set up troubleshoot or even notifications troubleshoot

Note that we don't guarantee that the synchronization would be will be successful as we are still testing on this phone model.  

Also, as you mentioned, I recommend double check the following:

1. Open your "Messages" app on your Android device.
  2. Go to "Settings."
  3. Click on "Notifications."
  4. Make sure there is a checkmark next to "Preview Message" (As shown below).

Screenshot_2015-09-22-12-50-12.png

Have a great day! I'll be around if you need assistance. Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks asandvball. This definitely worked for me on my pixel 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried every solution I've read about without success.  The Pixel 2 has been out for almost a year now.  It's inconceivable to me that this issue has not yet been addressed.  One of the best features of my Charge 2 is that I could receive notifications from my phone, and that's no longer an option for me.  I am very disappointed.  

If the company is aware of the need for updating compatible devices, why has it not been done yet?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update from Dec., 2018: My settings in Messages (Pixel 2, running Android 9) looks nothing like this and I have no option with a simple check box for "preview message." I do get previews of messages on my lock-screen, so I assume this is already enabled (somehow) on my phone, but I have not been getting any previews or calls or anything on my Fitbit Ionic since setting it up, pairing it etc

Best Answer

I'm not getting anything either. I paid good money for the charge 3 and I have Google pixel 2xl and one thing I wanted was text message and call notifications on this and can't get it to work I have all permissions and everything set up it syncing but days no notifications this is stupid. I'm gonna take it back and get my money should've stuck with apple 😂

Best Answer

How did you get it to work? Please let me know I'm getting so aggravated 

Best Answer

Whatever worked before is not working now. I've tried EVERYTHING for months and my Fitbit will not sync with my Pixel 2. Notifications are on everywhere: in the Fitbit app, on the Fitbit device, in messages, in Pixel's privacy settings...etc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now that google has acquired Fitbit, how long until we can get the fitbit products working with google phones? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

the latest Versa has Alexa on it. i suspect that will change to Google Assistance with the newer releases.......at least i hope.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I just started having the issue where notifications are not showing on Fitbit like 4-5 days ago. All I did was charge it! I have not updated to Android 10 because I heard the fingerprint doesn't work with the update (not having that). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure what you mean about fingerprints not working with Android 10. Like the fingerprint sensor on your phone? It works fine on my Pixel 3!

Best Answer
0 Votes