Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not mapping my run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have Fitbit Charge 2! I have used it to my map my runs the past couple of weeks and it's recording every data except my route. It has previously shown a map of where I have run but this is not the case now!

Is someone able to help me sort this?

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

Does GPS show as being connected on the tracker?

Is Fitbit Notifications running? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I check if the gps is connected on it?

Best Answer

The first place to look is right on the Charge 2. After starting the event, you should see a phone icon in the top left. A wovly line to the right showing that it is trying to connect.

Now durring the event if connection is lost, the unit will buzz and a line displays across the phone icon.

Tapping the event under exercise shortcuts will allow you to turn GPS on/off

Best Answer

Same here, untill last week i got a map of my running exercise, including a dashboard with time for each km. Now i dont't get a map (and i do not see my run in strava as well). Gps is on and my Phone is connected. I see the run in my exercises, including av. Speed and distance etc.but not the map and the details. Has anyone an idea? Thanx

Best Answer

This is exactly what is happening to me.

Map data stops a couple of Ks into the run, but it does record heart rate and distance, possibly from my paces. Happened twice before the most recent update to 17.8.401.3 and just now after updating on my most recent run.

Any suggestions as to the cause or solution? 

Best Answer

This is to Bump for a response!

Best Answer

@antpix, bumping is not necessary, and does not generate any more responses. If Community members have a response, they will post it. If they do not have a response, bumping will not create one from them.

Best Answer

Thanks for your input.

Frustrated that my Fitbit which was working fine, currently is not.

Best Answer

If you try this solution:

Before going a run hit the Fitbit app.

Then click the small plus sign down the centre bottom of the home screen.

Click 'track my exercise' when the menu arises.

This should bring up a map and show you where you currently are.

Dont click start! Click the 'X' on the top left of the screen then lock your phone. 

Try setting up a run as normal on ur Fitbit (scrolling on ur screen till run appears then holding down the button on run) then go your run.

This should hopefully record the map of your run once you have completed it. 

Let me know if this works.

Best Answer

Erin, 

Thanks for your idea, I'll give it a go and report back.

I see that you're the original poster, did it force the Fitbit running tracker to work normally, or do you have to do this each time you go out?

Again thanks for the help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've being doing this everytime to ensure my run is mapped so I haven't tried not doing this.

Best Answer

I was having the same exact problem and have done what others have mentioned as well but now it doesn't record anything on the app as if I never went out for a run. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No other suggestions apart from the one above! Sorry!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not getting my map/splits now either. My GPS says it's connected on my app and my notifications are on on my band. But when I start the run app, I get the phone with the slash. What is wrong? It was working fine 8 days ago. I just did a race today and super upset I don't have my splits!

Best Answer

The update needed a phone restart. It's now fixed. GRRRRRRRR So mad!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Erin,

So I did as you suggested with the logging and it did map my run, I also started the run app on the Fitbit and they both worked, however they gave different distances - one the correct and one wildly inaccurate, the details although the route on the map was correct - it should have shown my normal 10k route but it recorded it as 60K, which was rather impressive for an hour but wildly inaccurate!

Not sure which was the inaccurate data, the run app or the log app, so I'll do another with only one  running and will post again 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I seem to have solved the issue by totally reinstalling the phone app and 'force resetting' the tracker several times. Currently it is tracking my runs OK, so that might be worth having a go at Erin, if you are still having to 'Log My Run'.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Alta HR is doing the same thing. I track my run... the mileage is correct, the time is correct and on the screen when tracking it shows the right map. After I complete it and go back and look at the Exercise screen it shows my previous Map run.  When I tap it and open it, then the right map is there. Not sure why it showing my previous mapped run on my Exercise screen?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem since installing iOS11. Tried turning phone off/on and deleting app and reinstalling but I cannot get it to work now. Fine before iOS11. 

Best Answer