Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not mapping my run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have Fitbit Charge 2! I have used it to my map my runs the past couple of weeks and it's recording every data except my route. It has previously shown a map of where I have run but this is not the case now!

Is someone able to help me sort this?

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

Having the same problem since installing iOS11. Working fine before that, tried usual solutions of switching phone off/on and deleting app and reinstalling but cannot get the map to work although everything else is fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still on iOS10 and it's happening so not sure that it's the upgrade.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still on iOS10 and it's happening so not sure that it's the upgrade.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My was working perfectly until I updated my phone to iOS 11. Maybe coincidence it has stopped GPS mapping now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit are being very slow to rectify the problem

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi have you checked that your GPS is on in Fitbit App ? If you go to Run in exercises and check to if GPS is turn on.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it is on, was working perfectly until iOS11 which stopped the GPS working. However, since Apple released iOS11.1 which was put out to rectify the problem that 3rd party apps such as Fitbit were having
with GPS, my GPS is now working. This was not a problem specific to me but generally with Charge 2 users.
It would let me do everything but would not show my map of my walk but now it does. Happy days

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I am still having the same issue but thought I had found the problem!! Maybe not 🙁

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me as well but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Very annoying. I've tried reinstalling the app and all my settings are correct.

it seemed to happen after I ran the latest Fitbit update. Wonder if there's a bug in it? Out of interest had any of you run the update before this happened?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Before iOS 11 my Charge 2 worked perfectly including mapping and GPS. Then iOS 11 came out and threw the GPS off line although on other app GPS worked perfectly. Tried deleting app and reinstalling many times also tried rebooting phone but nothing worked re GPS although everything else still worked perfectly. Fitbit told me they were working on a solution but as iOS 11.1 has resolved the problem for me, I think it was a software problem with Apple rather than Fitbit. Apple says 11.1 solves GPS issue with 3rd party app.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Just checked and I'm still on IOS 11.0.3 so will try the IOS update 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes you could be right about the software update as mine did work previously but stopped all of a sudden, maybe it was after the update. I’ve just installed the latest Apple update as the previous member suggested to see if that works.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Erin,

Not sure if you’re still having problems with this but here’s how I fixed mine. I had previously had a phone update which changed a few settings which in turn stopped my fitbit from mapping my runs. So here’s what you need to check..

1. Go in the fitbit app. Click on your fitbits icon in the top right hand corner. Go to activity shortcut. Click on the activity you want (in this case running) and make sure it says GPS connection is on

2. Go out of the fitbit app to your phone’s settings. Scroll down until you find the fitbit app. Click on it and check location. Fitbits will only map a run if the location setting is on “Always”. The options “Only when using app” and “never” will stop it from mapping the run. 

3. In the same spot as #2, check to make sure your bluetooth sharing is on. 

Having all three of these on brought my mapping runs back. Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thanks so much for that I’m sure that will do the trick 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have owned three so far. Each one, is a hassle to say the least. Almost always have issues, one kind or another. One is fixed and another appears. Neverending.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thanks for your reply, I have now updated my software on both phone and watch and all seems to be working fine now. Thanks,
Regards

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes since 11.2 my seems to be working fine now. Fingers crossed.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all that and it is saying gps will not be turned on. I have an iPhone X and since I’ve got it it’s never mapped my run 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Versa now and it maps my run/walk fine using the GPS on my iPhone X

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes