Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not mapping my run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have Fitbit Charge 2! I have used it to my map my runs the past couple of weeks and it's recording every data except my route. It has previously shown a map of where I have run but this is not the case now!

Is someone able to help me sort this?

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

@Kay68 have you checked the troubleshooting doc? 

Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device?

Try these troubleshooting steps if you're having trouble with GPS

It might be that the Fitbit app doesn't have permission to access GPS. 
Best Answer

Did you ever sort out this problem? It’s happening almost every time I run with my replacement Charge 2 and iPhone 5S?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Yes I did what I found was it was rectified after software updates on iPhone, hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well yes, although I now have a Versa. Sold my Charge 2 but the updates on the app eventually sorted it out

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I had to turn off my phone and restart it and I did an update too. So far so good

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 no longer tracks a map whe. On my runs. It used to. How do I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I no longer have a Charge 2 but have you tried rebooting the tracker and deleting the Fitbit app and reinstalling?

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

As mentioned above @Tinysuz before taking off, check the phone icon on the Charge 2 to make sure that it has a has signal.

You might also want to read the help doc I link to in my last post. 

Best Answer

yes but what if you are tracking from your phone?  i have a charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @vanessafvg I'm not sure what your, "what if" is referring to? 

Are you having problems, and what phone is it. 

As for the Charge 2 carry your phone with you and use the connected GPS. The Charger 2 will track your walk and a map will be displayed.

How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

Track your workouts in real time with the Exercise app to capture in-depth activity stats
Best Answer

I have a charge 2 and when I set my phone to record a run session, no phone appears at the bottom for me to press neither does a phone with a line through it. I'm still looking for solutions so that I can see a map of the path I ran, like I used to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@XicanoFitness if your setting your Fitbit app on the phone to record the run, your using the phone to record, not the Charge 2 which could be left home in this case.

To recorded on the wrist you will want to start the run recording right on the Charge 2 using the multisport mode. The phone will need to be carried with you since the Charge 2 needs to connect to it's GPS.

How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

Track your workouts in real time with the Exercise app to capture in-depth activity stats
Best Answer

Make sure you sync the app before you set off. If this doesn't work try removing and then reinstalling the app.

Either your device or phone needs to haves gps signal

Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Before you take off on your walk/run/hiike/bike, check your Charge 2 for the phone icon in the top left. Their will be a moving line to the right of the phone icon until the Charge 2 acquires a GPS signal. The line goes away and the unit will vibrate when a GPS lock has been acquired, and if the Charge 2 fails to get a GPS lock, or loses it during the walk etc, the phone icon will show a line striked through it signifying no GPS signal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel so stupid. In my initial reply  I think I said that I did not see a phone icon anywhere but after looking closer, I saw what you were referring to on the screen after I hold the side button to move past the message that says to check the app. Fortunately, I was able to change my settings so that my devices would sync with the GPS and enable the tracking mode. Unfortunately  I don't think I'm getting 250 step reminder notifications even though I've reset my Fitbit 3x in a row, turned off Bluetooth  restarted my phone  and then turned the Bluetooth back on. 😅😢😭

Best Answer
0 Votes