Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming activity keeps reverting back

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit automatically logged an activity as outdoor bike and every time I try to rename it to "dancing" it keeps going back to outdoor bike.  I've tried different browsers, but none of them take the change.  I know that once the activity is named, it can't be renamed, but I can't even name this one in the first place.

Fitbit activity problem.jpg

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

It's nice to see you around my friend @DrAmygdala! So I can address this in the correct way, I'd like you to please confirm the type of activity you were doing when your tracker recognized it as "Outdoor Bike" and its duration. 

I know you've been very explicit whit your post, but I'm not 100% sure if you were doing a different activity that wasn't "Dancing" specifically. Sometimes driving or golfing might be recognized as "Outdoor Bike".

Also, I was wondering if this is the first time you faced troubles using SmartTrack? Have you tracked dancing before?

I'll be around my dear! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was at a concert, so dancing is definitely the best option.  I'd say I was dancing for around 1.5 hours (which makes sense based on fitbit tracking 1 hr 20 minutes of activity).

I had never had any issues before renaming activities until now; however I had previously only changed activity names when I used my Charge HR.  I have not tried to rename any activities since I upgraded to the Charge 2, since most of the time it's just walk, which is accurate.

Last night (March 22) I went to another concert and again it counted it as outdoor bike; I tried to change it to dancing and it didn't work again.  This time was around 45 minutes.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem except whenever I mow my lawn Fitbit says I'm bike riding.  Have you found the solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's what helped me with this issue:

Going into the Exercise tile, click the gear icon, and switch the Outdoor Bike option to "ignore". This disables the auto-recognition for the exercise. I also put Elliptical to ignore because it would mistakenly log some of my workouts as elliptical. Then just manually start from the exercise shortcut on the tracker.

For activities that refuse to rename, you can create a custom activity (Dance). Then copy down the start/stop times for the activity that showed up as bike. Then you can delete the bike entry, and then use Log Activity to manually create the Dance activity with the same start/stop times. A little bit of effort, but it works for me. Hope this helps.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

It never worked when I tried to change it on the website, but I was able to rename my workout from the fitbit Windows app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping on this thread @Nikki140! Have you tried what my friend @WavyDavey suggested? Did it work?

My apologies @DrAmygdala, I forgot to mention that I had created a Support Case on your behalf. I'm glad to hear you could solve this issue when getting in touch with them. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response but, like DrAmy, this didn't work for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, Davie's way didn't work for me but neither did DrAmy's.  When I click the edit icon on 'Outdoor Bike' and enter the name of the activity I actually did, moved yard, then click 'update' - nothing changes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Nikki140! Please check your inbox for further steps. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem as Nikki140.  Unable to change outdoor biking to yard work on my Charge2 like I was able to do on the Charge HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @acmwitz! Have you tried switching platforms? If you're trying to change the name of your activity with your Fitbit app, try using the website or viceversa. 

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here. I picked walk but I was hand washing my car and carpet shampooed. How to I change it to cleaning?  i have changed "elliptical " to cleaning.

Best Answer
0 Votes