Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retro Double Stat clock face issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I chose the Retro Double Stat face since I liked it on my Charge 2, but I notice something odd. Many times (most I think) when I go to check my steps or HR it's on some other stats page, like distance/calories.

My Charge 2 would reset itself back to "page 1" of the clock face after a while, but my Charge 3 doesn't. Even now that I make sure to circle back around to steps/HR, I *still* often find the clock is on some other page. Sometimes it's even on one of the app screens.

I'm pretty sure I don't accidentally tap or swipe the display during my day, and this is becoming annoying.

Is something wrong with my tracker? Is this a known issue? Is there a fix or workaround?

Thanks,

Carl

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

It's great to see you around @CarlFisher.

Can you please be more specific about the issue you are experiencing with the clock face? Is this happening with this clock face only or with others? Have you tried the restart process? If you haven't, I recommend restarting your tracker by following the instructions provided in the help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?.

I hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alejandra,

This is the view I expect to see when I look at my tracker:

fitbit-screen1.png

This is "page 1" of the clock face and includes the 2 stats I care most about: steps and heart rate.

However, when I glance at my wrist I am more likely to see one of the other 2 pages, for example

fitbit-screen2.png

It's nice that this info is available if I want it, but 99% of the time I don't care.

My Charge 2 would always revert to the "page 1" view if the display had been dark for 10 seconds or so. This is the behavior I expect and want.

My Charge 3 never reverts to page 1, and often shows some other page when I glance at it even if I made sure to leave it with page 1 showing the last time I viewed it.

I have tried multiple other clock faces, and any face with more than just a single page is just as likely to show any of the others as it is to show page 1.

Perhaps related (and just as annoying), if I am in any of the "Fitbit today" pages, it doesn't seem to *ever* revert to the clock display, at least not for as long as I've been willing to wait.

I have restarted the tracker using the "reboot device" setting as well as the restart process you provided the link to, and neither has had any effect.

Hi @AlejandraFitbit, any thoughts?

A friend has a Charge 3 also and she reports the same behavior. Is this a bug?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
I have the same issue, except mine displays with the distance and calories burned
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back and for the attachments @CarlFisher and welcome to the Community @mamabear14.

Our team were aware of this issue and this should be resolved by now. If you still seeing this, let me know.

I will see you around. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AlejandraFitbit.

No, the problem hasn't gone away in the past few days lol. I take it you're saying there's a new firmware update to fix it? What version would that be?

My firmware version on my app and About screen says 28.20001.60.39.

Best Answer
It is not resolved. Just as Carl pointed out in his images. Rarely does the first page with the steps and the heartrate display. I have no desire to view the 2nd page.... I just updated the Charge 3 on Saturday, so it is definitely not fixed.
Best Answer

I m having the same issue. I really only want the 1st page with showing the date, steps and heart rate. I don’t want the other information. It is really random which face shows up when I tap my Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Hi all,

I have added a feature suggestion here- please vote for it!

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Reset-display-to-clock-s-quot-page-1-quot-after-...

Best Answer

This issue still exists! I just went to change my clock face and saw there was an update to this clock, the one I really want, so I installed that but unfortunately it does not help. I want to see the steps and heart rate without having to touch anything. Most of the times it seems like I’m seeing stairs and active minutes, or calories and distance. 

Best Answer

I am also getting this issue and it's very annoying! I just want it to show steps & heart rate but it keeps changing to floors and calories. How do we stop this happening?

Best Answer

I am seeing the same issue as well, now have lines across the time. I restarted several times to see if that fixed the lines with no avail. I just moved to another clock so that I can always see steps at least. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Charge 3, and it is happening to me too. I am about to return an Inspire HR, and it kept happening with that also. I am going to try turning "wake" off in case I am accidentally swiping.

Actually, my arm has started to hurt (after 1 hour), so I might be returning the Charge instead of the Inspire. But I LOVE this thing, so I really hope I don't have to!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's now 2020. Still the clock face doesn't stay on Steps and Heartrate.

Sometimes you flick your wrist and it shows calories and distance.

Please make it so that it always shows Heart Rate and Steps only, don't show the calories and distance other than by demand

Best Answer

8 months after the original notice of this bug and a number of “me too” posts, this bug is still not fixed. Not impressive Fitbit. The face does go back to page 1, but that doesn’t help when your hands are not free, such as when you’re riding a bike or holding weights. I have tried resetting my Charge 3, reinstalling the app, turning Bluetooth off and on and resyncing. Nothing helps. Please address this problem. 

Sorry, the face sometimes goes back to page 1 if you tap on the clock face, but not consistently.

Best Answer

Same issue and it’s not been resolved! It’s really irritating! Pls fix this asap!

Its not resolved! The problem persists!

Best Answer

It's still not resolved! I'm returning it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem is still persisting and like others say, it’s very irritating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still happening and it’s really annoying/frustrating... I would rather not have that many face options and just get the one to work properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes