Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy J3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know when the Samsung Galaxy J3 will be compatible with the Charge 2. 

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Wish I knew the answer.  I just purchased two fitbits for me and my wife.  Both of our smart phones are incompatible (I have the J3 and she has the Nokia Lumia 635).  My wife's phone runs windows 8.01 and doesn't even support the app for the charge 2.  She can't upgrade to windows 10 b/c of the memory requirements.  The only reason we went with the Charge 2 was for the notification options. We are sending both devices back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bevsmith @bwoolworth It's nice to have you on board! Currently the Samsung J3 isn't listed as a compatible device but I have seen Samsung devices are really friendly with the app and tracker. Try installing the app and set the tracker up as it could work. You could also try setting up the tracker from a computer and once this is done try syncing with your phone. You can also check the list to see if it gets updated with new phones.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having trouble synching with my Samsung J1. Is that also incompatible?

Best Answer

Can anyone confirm compatibility or lack of for the Samsung galaxy J3 mobile phone..    list of supported devices is vague and I suspect not up to date.

Moderator's edit: Edited title for clarity. 

Best Answer

Hi, @Altrick! Thanks for being part of the family! The list of compatibility is constantly being updated. Officially is not compatible yet. This just means that our engineers have not run tests with it to confirm every feature works as it should. But it wouldn't hurt to try as sometimes most of the features work ok even if its not listed. 

So I encourage you to give it a try and let me know how it goes! Man Tongue

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I've been unable to pair my Fitbit Charge 2 with Samsung J3. I've downloaded the App and it gives me all the stats but won't track through GPS and show a completed map.  I wear the Fitbit on left wrist and the J3 strapped onto right arm. I click on Tracking on J3 then click Run on the Fitbit - with no luck. Is there a way around this or can somebody give me an idiot guide solution? Should I have bought a Samsung Gear instead?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a Samsung J3 and I need to restart my phone every day or it wont sync. After I reset it, the app only syncs during that day, sometimes I need to restart my phone twice a day. Are you working on an update?  This is a new phone and I don't want to think that this is the way it is now.

thanks

Best Answer

Did you ever get an answer to this?  My wife has a Samsung J3 and using it with a Charge 2, most of it works ok but not getting notifications which she needed most

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get an answer to this, my wife has a Galaxy J3 which she is using with the Charge 2, most of it works ok but not the notifications which she needed the most.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please include the Samsung J3 V in the list of compatible devices. I have to restart my phone 2X per day to get it to sync.

Best Answer

Hello guys, @roxannetalley@1dogwalker2! Thanks for sharing your feedback! I also hope that the Samsung J3 will be officially compatible soon! Our engineers work on this daily, but it is a very meticulous process. 

Will keep you updated! Man Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please note that I'm referring to the Samsung J3 V, not the J3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @1dogwalker2Man Tongue Thanks for the clarification, hopefully both models with be compatible soon! 

Keep an eye on the list

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update. The Samsung J3 V also does not consistently update the badges section. It updates the date a badge was last earned, but not the badges totals.  The only way to update the totals is to remove the fitbit app from my phone and reinstall it. It then updates during that day. but again stops updating the totals for following days.

Hope Fitbit is looking into correcting this as well!

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have received a fitbit Flex 2 for Christmas and disappointed it won't work with my Nokia Lumia 630.  I have therefore looked to upgrade my mobile phone and 2 options seem to be available without costing me a lot more money which are the Samsung Galaxy J3 (which doesn't appear on your list), or the Samsung Galaxy S7 which does.  

As the Samsung Galaxy J3 is my preferred choice I would be grateful if anyone could confirm if this is now compatible with the Flex 2, or failing that if the Samsung Galaxy S7 is definitely compatible.

With many thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the fitbit charge 2 and the Samsung j3 now works.  It started working properly about 4 months after I posted the note (SW upgrades from Fitbit --I think)  I have not  tried it with the flex.  You can always return it if it does not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doubt they ever will.

If you check their list of compatible devices, Samsung J3 Emerge & Samsung S3 Tablets are not on the list.

I just bought a Samsung J3 Emerge and didn't realize that it wasn't compatible with any fitbit device.  I'm not going to purchase a more expensive phone just to get my fitbit compatible.

Only think I can do is check my stats on my home computer at end of day. Rather cumbersome.

Shame on Fitbit for not fixing this issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello from Spain. Try this, it has worked for me. 
I installed another app, Pacer, and I synchronized my fitbit charge 2 with it.

Mysteriously, I managed to run the fitbit application on my samsun j3. You will have to carry two similar applications on your mobile, but at least it will work for you. You must always update the data first in the Pacer app, and then automatically in the Fitibit app. I hope I have helped.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I'll give this a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes