Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen repairs?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.

Somebody know where I can repair or change screen in fitbit change 2? Mine is broken and I don't know what I can do with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29

@Patus_90, do you mean the plastic cover on the tracker is broken, or the operation of the tracker is broken.  If the former, it is not repairable.  If the latter, you need to contact Fitbit Support.

Best Answer
I'm bursting at the Front faceplate, but Fitbit works well. I would like to
replace part of the cracks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder if you could put a screen protector over it and maybe that would seal the crack and hold it together?  They (Fitbit) really should make the plastic screen face a replaceable part!

Best Answer

Hello,

my Charge 2 screen has been cracked since the summer.  Always concerned about water entering leading to further damage.  I was doing my nails one day when it occurred to me the liquid acrylic polish might be the solution.  Sally Hansen Hard as Nails has more than one application in life.  If the acrylic is a little dry it won't spread well and leaves deep streaks, ridges and bubbles.  Add a little nail polish remover (I used a non-acetone brand) to liquefy it so that is has some self-levelling characteristics.  If it sits in a ball its too thick!  It should be silky like dish soap otherwise the more you brush the worse it gets - do several coats if it comes out uneven.  The trick is a thick coat (don't pour it out) and leave it for a few hours on a level surface.  Unlike your nails that are a biological organ, continuously growing, where the cells push the acrylic to crack and lift, the Charge 2 screen is inert.  Its been over a month and my screen hasn't cracked again nor has the damage progressed.  The only thing is that the thicker the coat of liquid acrylic, the less responsive the touch screen becomes.  It may still have some imperfections depending on the brush technic but it's better than a cracked screen.  I don't normally care where or not my nails grow but for once I'm glad I had a reason to fuss over them.  I hope this information was helpful to someone.

Best Answer

Thank you!!!  You probably saved my Charge 2's life with your crack repair advice!  Yes this part should def be replaceable!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree that the screen should be replaceable. My Fitbit works fine, but has a cracked screen. I called Fitbit and after a long and tedious conversation with “Will” and after sending him a photograph of my Fitbit, he told me what I already knew, it was out of warranty. I didn’t expect them to replace or repair it free, I am willing to pay for a replacement screen, but all they did was try to sell me a new one.

Best Answer
I repaired mine with a coat of clear acrylic nail polish.  Lost a bit of the touch sensitivity but otherwise, works!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on line looking for a repair as well. My charge 2's face split from top to bottom. I was thinking maybe a mobile phone repair company (Fox ??). I'm also going to try a jeweler.

Best Answer

I took the suggestion from others and fixed it myself.  I took just a tiny bit of alcohol on a q-tip [squeeze out the excess] and cleaned the screen of any oils, fingerprints, etc.   Waited for it to dry completely and then put on a coat of Sally Hansen's 'Hard as Nails'  clear top coat nail polish.  It works!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand why the screen can't be fixed or replaced. Every cell phone can be fixed or replaced by any kiosk in the mall. There has to be some place that can figure this out.

Best Answer

I'm interested to see how that works out for you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going to try this. Just got off the phone with Fitbit regarding my cracked screen and they offered me discounted new version. I'm happy with my older version, just want this crack sealed so screen doesn't crack more. Thanks for info! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone tried using windshield repair resin on them? I ordered some but I know it’s intended for glass. Wondering if it will work since it works on phones well?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it’s under guarantee they will replace it. If not it’s still worth trying as this is an inherent fault with the screens. Do a search - there are lots of threads on this.

Best Answer

I've encountered the same problem with Fitbit customer support this evening; my tracker was out of warranty and they did not want to help; I contacted them as when I put my tracker on today, I noticed that the screen was cracked down the side closest to my arm - so not the 'exposed' side, if you see what I'm getting at - and cracked from top to bottom. Yet I don't wear it in bed (and my bedroom floor is carpeted, so I'm really puzzled as to how this could happen). It has been incerdibIy hot down here for the past week though. That aside! I looked for fixes for the screen on the community and came up with this page and I then found another article - online, from a reporter who wrote a whole article about it, so it's definitely a fault known to Fitbit! I'm really not a happy bunny (bad yet seasonal (Easter) pun 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

the water leaked into a crack in mine it works fine but it's hard to see. what should i do

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let it dry out completely over a couple days then apply a coat of liquid ACRYLIC nail polish.  Make sure the polish is not old and dry and if it is, thin it out with NON-acetone mail polish remover or just buy a new bottle.  Let the polish set - apply another coat if needed.  The thicker the coat of polish the more you will loose the touch sensitivity of your screen.  best of luck - Yvonne

Best Answer
0 Votes

See my post Nov 2017 - Try some Sally Hansen Nail clear acrylic nail hardener of other brand of acrylic nail polish.  Make sure the polish is not old and dry and if it is, thin it out with NON-acetone nail polish remover otherwise it will leave brush strokes with every application or just buy a new bottle.  Let the polish set - apply another coat if needed.  The thicker the coat of polish the more you will lose the touch sensitivity of your screen.  I had to repair my second FITBIT charge 2 (replacement for the first I had to repair) and the repair is still holding after 2 years.  best of luck - Yvonne

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue, and couldn’t find any fixes or options for repair.
I’m not sure why Fitbit hasn’t given customers an option for face repair on
the Charger. They seem to have a flaw that causes the face to split down
the center of the glass.
I purchased an ionic so it would be water proof and have a wider face.
I suggest calling customer service, they need to know how often this is
happening.
Best Answer
0 Votes