Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen went black (solution)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a black screen for 3 days, read all the comments about this and how the restart isn't working. I tried the changing the clock through the app and that worked.... for now anyways. Seems like there is a defect with the Charge 3 😞 Good luck! Hope changing the clock works for ya'all too!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @sarahword and @NineTailedVixen, it's great to see you around. @Marrrmaduke, thanks for the input.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue by yourselves. It's great to know that changing the clock face worked for you and that your trackers are now working properly. If there is anything we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

Hi all.

I had my charge 3 screen suddenly go blank today. I could still feel vibrations when I pressed the buttons but couldn’t see anything. I reset the watch and nothing happened. I put it on charge and nothing happened. 

I contacted fitbit and they suggested I reset the Fitbit (holding button down for 8 seconds) whilst the watch is charging and this seemed to do the trick. I thought I would share as Ihace seen see a lot have people have tried like me to reset but not whilst also charging. May help someone out! 

Best Answer

@NineTailedVixen, @sarahword I merged your threads together. Thank you for sharing these awesome tips with us! 👍🏻😊

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes
So far so good, hope it works for others too

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

Hey @sarahword and @NineTailedVixen, it's great to see you around. @Marrrmaduke, thanks for the input.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue by yourselves. It's great to know that changing the clock face worked for you and that your trackers are now working properly. If there is anything we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope its works for me. I now need to 1st connect it back to phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you this worked!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums, @TCM6679.

I am glad to hear that the instructions provided here worked and that your tracker is working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Happy stepping! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution isn't working. Other suggestions?

Best Answer
That is correct. I went and purchase a new fitbit.

--
*Vernesh}i{a*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Third time trying was the charm. It did reset to the beginning but at least it is working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Versa screen went black.  It was just charged so it isn’t a battery issue.  When I try to reset or change clock screen, my phone doesn’t recognize the Fitbit.  
I tried resetting, pushing button 8 seconds and neither works.

Best Answer

Hello have you read the threads above. Try that first. I gave up and bought another.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Charge 3 will not stayed charged. We charge it.  It shows it is charged. We take it off to use and the charge is done.  We can't get the screen to turn on.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did try it all! I bought my Fitbit in February! I am really
disappointed. I live in South America so I can’t even take it to be looked
at!
Best Answer

Thank you for posting! Your 8 second trick while charging did the trick for my black screen fitbit. It's back on and working! Many thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing has worked for my blank screen. Tried all the suggested fixes!

what’s next? This is only 7 months old!

Lasigg

Best Answer

Hi,

I have the same problem, blank screen, i can feel it vibrating but can't see anything on the screen. I have reset my fitbit 3 and changed the clock face but still nothing.

Please help this is my third fitbit and this has never happened before

Best Answer

Yes! It worked for me! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately mine has been down for 3 days. Is there anything I can do?

Best Answer