Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Battery Life

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 is needing to be charged after 1 day of use. The battery life was always great until a few days ago. Two times I've woken up in the morning and it was dead. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do or does this sound like a serious problem? Thanks 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back to me @Gpramirez! I appreciate you have tried the steps I previously posted/. 😉 Since they didn't work and the battery of your Charge 2 still draining, please take a look at your inbox in order to get further assistance. 

Let me know if you have further questions! 😉 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Hi @Gpramirez, it is great to see new faces around! 🙂 Hmmm this is pretty weird. The battery of your Charge 2 should last up to 5 days with normal use. So let me suggest you to take a look at the tips in this post in order to make the battery of your Charge 2 lasts longer. 

Give them a try and let me know how it goes! 😉 

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it's not working ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to me @Gpramirez! I appreciate you have tried the steps I previously posted/. 😉 Since they didn't work and the battery of your Charge 2 still draining, please take a look at your inbox in order to get further assistance. 

Let me know if you have further questions! 😉 

Best Answer

I've started having the same issues. Shouldn't you post the fixes to this forum so that other users can benefit?

In the past week, my Fitbit Charge 2 went from 4-5 days battery life to less than 1 day.

How did you fix the battery life issue? 

Best Answer

Smart. Why post solutions in the forum where others could use it too. Better PM him so everyone else has to open a post too.

Best Answer

My apologies. There was no official fix. I was sent a new Fitbit to resolve the issue. 

Best Answer
no worries:P sorry for my rude response^^ thanks for the update:)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Mastafool and @Andraman, I hope  you are doin' great! I posted above a link which has instructions to make the battery of your Charge 2 last longer. If after following those steps, the issue persists, let me know so I can further assist you. 

@Gpramirez, thanks for the update my friend! Sounds good that our team get you back on track. 😉 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer

Thanks for the tips! I am having the same problem and will give them a try. Sounds like I have to turn off the things that I love about my Fitbit in order for it to stay charged, am hoping that is temporary and it will start holding a charger for more than 20 hours once again when I turn it all back on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Cwbarker, it is great to see new members around! Robot Happy The reason I recommend these tips is because I'd like to know if the battery is working fine or if it is just something temporary. 'Cause of course that the battery should last from 4 to 5 days with normal use, without turning off almost all of its features. So that is why I need you to try the tips I posted, keep an eye on the duration of the battery and let me know how it goes. 😉 

Catch ya' later! 

Best Answer

Thanks so much!  I followed the tips and my battery has drained from half full to empty since my first reply to you. It's about to die. This last charge lasted less than 20 hours, normal every day use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have been having the same issues(short battery life) the past few days with my fitbit charge 2. I looked at a fitbit community help forum thingy and tried some of the things they suggested (turn off all day sync etc. and it didn't make a difference. Could someone please tell me what I should do? I have only had this fitbit for about 3 months or so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello HeydyFitbit,

thanks for your warm welcome! I am continuing to follow the tips. The battery lasted 24 hours today. Will keep it up tomorrow and see if it's turning itself around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Cwbarker, thanks for getting back to me! And I appreciate the time you have taken trying the tips that I suggested to you. Let me know how it goes after a few days, and I will continue assisting you. 😉 

@Bookworm95, I'd like to know, have you followed all of the suggestions in this post? If so, and the battery issues persist, let me know. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

I have continued with the tips listed for this past week, turning off everything except tracking steps. The longest the battery has lasted on one charge is 24 hours and the shortest is 15. Today it died after 15 hours. I didn't even get to sync yet 😩 Often I don't get to track my exercise because it dies. What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Cwbarker, I appreciate the time you have taken to try the tips that I posted above. Since the battery of your Charge 2 still draining quickly, I'd would like you to take a look at your inbox so you can get further assistance. 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer

My Charge 2 is doing almost the exact same thing, I have tried everything that was suggested on the Fitbit website and even contacted customer support, and I was told to try the battery drain test, which I had already done, and my Fitbit is still not holding a charge long. I have looked at a lot of tips that have been posted on this community page and I have already tried them. Customer service hasn't messaged me back and its been about an hour and a half. Is there anything that you would suggest that I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand you have already been in contact with customer support and the only thing I can suggest would be to give them 48 hours to get back to you, and expect it to be an email instead of on this forum. I have found them to be helpful and supportive, I hope you have a similar experience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted them through twitter and got a fast response.

Greg
Best Answer
0 Votes