Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep data incorrect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just noticed my fitbit thinks I'm sleeping sometimes if I'm watching a movie at night,  also said I was asleep in the future, like I could not have been asleep on Thursday from 10 to 12 pm as its only 6 am on Thursday, any ideas? I have a charge 2.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hey there @Fluffychic, welcome a board! Smiley Wink Hmmm... strange huh? First of all, I'd recommend restarting your Charge 2, 3 times in a row. 

When your body is completely at rest and unmoving, your Fitbit tracker records that you are asleep. Since you're using the Fitbit Charge 2 to track your sleep, you'll see a record of the sleep stages you cycle through at night. 

All of our wrist-based trackers automatically detect your sleep, meaning you just need to wear your tracker to bed. Autodetection is based on your movement. When you haven’t moved for about an hour, your tracker assumes that you’re asleep. Additional data—such as the length of time your movements are indicative of sleep behavior (such as rolling over, etc.)—help confirm that you’re asleep. Morning movement tells your tracker that you’re awake. If you’re not moving but not asleep for long periods of time it’s possible for your tracker to falsely record sleep, in which case you can delete the sleep log from your history.

Your tracker's setting can record your sleep in either "sensitive" mode for extremely detailed sleep reporting or "normal" mode for a more basic idea of your sleep patterns. Note that this setting doesn't apply on Charge 2 to track your sleep stages.

• The normal setting counts significant movements as being awake (such as rolling over) and is appropriate for most users.
  • The sensitive setting will cause your tracker to record nearly all movements as time spent restless or awake. This setting may be helpful for users who wake up feeling tired even though their sleep history shows sufficient rest.

To change your sleep sensitivity setting, choose a section below. If you use the Fitbit app for Android you must change your sleep sensitivity setting on fitbit.com.

• From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon .
  • Tap or click Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity.

Regardless of which method you chose to log your sleep, you can always edit the sleep log to better reflect your time asleep. For Charge 2, you may notice gaps at the start or end times of your sleep stages if you extend your time asleep. For instructions choose your mobile device below.

• From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the sleep tile. This is the tile that says "How did you sleep?" or, if you tracked sleep the night before, shows how many hours and minutes you slept.
  • Tap the sleep log that you want to edit.
  • Tap the pencil icon in the top right corner.
  • Adjust the time you went to sleep or the time you woke up and then tap Save.

Test your tracker the next couple of days to see how the sleep tracking goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Screenshot_20170523-045109.png@MarreFitbit Hi I am having a similar problem suddenly it seems to be giving me incorrect data in the graph like its add my total time in bed and using that data instead of when I am asleep, please note by the picture all of the stars when I have got nowhere near, check the summary May 15 - 21 - this is not may tracker but the Fitbit programme - can you get this corrected for me please as this report (Pic 2) is useless to me and way of I get nowhere near 8hrs let alone an average of 8hrs 15 tr (2).png

i to am on a charge 2 and when I purchased it I had the facility for sensitive sleep and could monitor this now that function has been removed from me on top of all the functionality that the new dashboard has removed may I suggest to fitbit to get the basics right first before moving on to cause further upheaval in the data we used to get as standard but now cannot get at all because they say its not what we want - we do want it

Many Thanks

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @ashwolve and for sharing those images my friend! I'd like to start saying that we're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, which sometimes results in existing products changing. 

I appreciate your feedback and will do our best to make sure this product is aligned with your interests. Smiley Very Happy

Moving into the issue you're having with your sleep, I'd recommend trying the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit App is up-to-date
  • Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Restart your tracker 3 times in a row
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App

Test your tracker and see if tomorrow morning your data seems to be accurate. 

Keep me posted! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit Thank you for your rapid response, have tried all that is mentioned at the beginning when I noticed I had the problem - Latest App?? now you wouldn't want to get me started on the issues and lack of functionality on that one - it is the worse move fitbit has made and that's not just my opinion but those are in the Forum https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/New-Android-Dashboard/m-p/2005564#M49523 but as there are no plans to revert or compromise on the issues that have been brought up in the 5 forums/features etc I doubt if my issues will be resolved, as mentioned it is NOT the App it is on a PC website - Fitbit connect - so I would still have the problem even if I did not have a mobile phone which I guess you assumed you thought I was talking about as I failed to mention it was the website I was talking about (pictures have been cropped as I can only screenshot whole page) and the weekly e-mail I get with the weeks summary on so has nothing to do with Bluetooth, mobile app, phone please let your sleep app team know that there IS a problem

again I thank you for your assistance in this matter

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally understand where your concern is coming from @ashwolve, and once again, thanks for letting me know what you think and feel in regards to this inconveniences you're getting. This issue was already reported, though.

The Android app is having issue with the weekly sleep average, but an issue was also reported with an incorrect sleep graph for all the platforms (iOS, Android, PC, etc...). Our team is working so hard to get these issues solved very soon so you'll can be back on track. 

Please let me know if there's something else I can assist you with, It's always a pleasure to me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit Hi - is there any chance you could find out at what stage the rectification is for the sleep data errors as it has been 10 days now and it is still WRONG - this is for the PC DESKTOP VERSION but will probably be the same for the mobile version as well

please see below - Now I am no mathematician but even I can work out that 4 hour 33 plus 43 mins is equal to (no greater than) 5 hours 16 NOT 7 hours - now I am going to hazard a guess and do the techs job for them - this error occurs when someone has a sleep that is less that 3 hours please sort it soon as it is throwing ALL average sleep date out and is useless for records on the weekly summary - this is taking too long and should have been sorted by now (remember PC+TOWER AND MONITOR) not a mobile phone

Capture.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit right this is taking the Micky Fitbit get this sorted now - get your development or tech department to go back to school and learn basic math and while they are at it i live in England and want English date format i.e day/month/year - we should have the option on formats - to any other moderator who sees fit edit my post please answer the issue

iuuu.png

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MariamV Hi Mariam - as you have taken the time to alter my post would YOU be so kind as to respond to the requests - the reason it was in capitals is I am getting really annoyed and frustrated at the lack of response throughout the Fitbit site and not getting answers through various request on various forums - once I start getting a response I will go back to normal

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for keeping us updated about this @ashwolve. I'm so sorry for taking so long to get back to you. 

I'd like to begin by saying that I understand that this is an important topic to the everyone in this thread, but I'll remind you that our Community Guidelines ask for civil discourse on these forums. Please refrain from inflammatory posts and personal attacks to either any community member or moderator. 

Thanks again for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit platform and devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. 

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit Thank you for the response - I am sure you understand that due amount of time its taken for this issue to get sorted that people get frustrated and when there is no feed back in this direction (and previous experience) its hard to believe that Fitbit want to resolve issues - its bad enough that when I brought my device I had the function to switch between sensitive and normal sleep (that has been taken from me because they decided that a charge 2 user didn't need that option) yes I am aware that the new sleep stages provides more information but as a sufferer of a sleep dis-order I needed both and should not have to buy a new device when I already had the function on this one - i never had a response as to why and whether they intended to re-instate this to ALL users,  also the date configuration on the forums you get the opportunity to change it but in other sections you don't and to some users not from the US seems backward ie in the UK we have bean taught day/month/year so that's how we understand a date format along with both 12hr or 24hr a format in any other way reads wrong to us ie year/day/month or month/day/year (similar to miles and KM) so the option to have all formats to choose from seems sensible - then you see that someone has been into a message to change format etc but still not taken the time to answer the question posed and you start to think is anyone listening - I am happy with anyone answering not just the person the question is aimed at - and lastly have just spent 7 months detailing issues with the new dashboard along with nearly 500 others to have the forum closed with the same response as it was first opened really rubs people up the wrong way - what we required from Fitbit on this issue was if they would consider the work rounds that we have mentioned and although it was said that they all had been sent to the relevant team because there is no feed back coming in the other direction or mention if the suggestions will be used (and I know I have gone off topic ) - we (the customer) in these forums get even more annoyed until its got to blow somewhere - so don't take offense but... the community guidelines section IS inflammatory in its self because the person taking the time correcting MY error is a person that can answer any question that is on forum or at least post a holding message  - ie I have acknowledged your post and will get someone to respond shortly - at least then we will know that someone is talking to us - but to see moderators have been in with no response is not good - note this is not just in this forum and as such is NOT AN ATTACK ON YOU but the response from Fitbit as a whole over the first half of this year - so for anyone that feels as if they have been offended I APPOLOGIZE - but also please remember that I am human to

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for clarifying this situation @ashwolve. I've taken a look at your case and it seems you're already keeping the conversation with them about this inconvenience. 

Have a great weekend!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit Yes thank you...I am still not impressed by the amount of time that it is taking to resolve this issue but customer support is involved now as well - 17 days of incorrect data is not ideal and today it is still wrong (had 6h 27 sleep in total and graph is showing 8 hours plus) - will all of the back log of incorrect data be rectified once this is fixed or will it just start from the day of the fix

Have a great Weekend too

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’d been suspecting the sleep data was inaccurate, but last night proved it by a mile. It said I was in deep sleep and cycling through the normal sleep stages, when I was actually outside in freezing weather looking for the cat between 2:00-3:30 am. I was going up and down stairs, turning on lights looking for her (she’d gotten stuck in the linen closet). I was then fully awake after that for hours. Worst night of sleep ever, but lo and behold, the Fitbit thinks I slept like a rockstar. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a prob too. So last night my son slept f 11:12 pm-9:12 am (according to my Fitbit) and we calculated that it's 10 hrs of sleep but instead, it says I slept 9 hrs 17 min On the Fitbit app. I don't know why it's doing that and I hope one of u can help me and my son solve this prob. Plus, my son is on a Fitbit Ace 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes