Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracker stopped tracking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Any ideas as to what I need to do to fix my sleep tracker? It stopped tracking my sleep a week ago.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re-pairing it to your account should help, @Spiney!

Here are some instructions.

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Mine didn't track last night either.  I've looked up older Q&A on this but they are not helpful.  People talk about hitting some button before and after sleep but I've never done that.  I just go to bed and the Fitbit has always recorded my sleep.  When I synch in the morning - my sleep hours are there.  This morning it was not there and there is the comment "did I forget to log my sleep".   Is it possible that I've accidentally turned something off?  I don't think I did anything different yesterday.  Thank you in advance.

Best Answer
That was similar to my situation. All of a sudden it just stopped tracking and I wondered if it was something I had done.
Best Answer

I was having the exact same problem...I rebooted my phone and all was fixed.

Best Answer

Mine stopped tracking sleep yesterday as well. It will accept what I enter manually but doesn't include the normal times awake or restless. Not sure what's going on.

Best Answer
I tried rebooting but no success.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting, thanks for letting us know @jeffkross @Spiney @Dviellion @kmscouts

Tha sleep tracking should be autmoatic, meaning that it should arrive on your Dashboard pretty soon after you wake up. If it isn't, there are a few things we may try to ensure we're troubleshooting as best we can: 

• Confirm that the tile is there- whether you see your statistics on your Web Dashboard or your mobile phone, please confirm if you see either the "How did you sleep?" prompt or any message at all. 
  • Toggle your Sleep tracking sentitivity to movement to the other option. 

Hope this helps! Please also report back with your operating systems; I'd like to hear those!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

Best Answer
Hi Emerson,
I do see the "how did you sleep? " however there have not been any results since 3/13.
I'm not sure what you mean by toggle my step tracing sensitivity... Can you please explain?
Thanks!
Spiney
Best Answer
0 Votes

After resetting the tracker last night it has tracked sleep correctly since then today.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How did you reset the tracker Jeff?
Spiney
Best Answer
0 Votes

Plug it in to the charger and then hold in the button for 12-15 seconds. You should see a brief message that displays the version number of the software.

Best Answer

mine stopped on 7 Feb

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just plugged it in and held it down for 15 seconds and V102 appeared. I'll send an update tomorrow morning to let everyone know if it works tonight. Thanks again Jeff!
Spiney
Best Answer
Just realized that after plugging it in and holding down the button my watch is now an hour behind! Any suggestions as how to adjust the time?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Re-pairing it to your account should help, @Spiney!

Here are some instructions.

Best Answer
Hi. I've had the same problem.....sleep tracker hasn't worked for last few days. I've tried plugging it in and holding down the button at side but all that ever does is start the stop watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine stopped tracking too. I thought perhaps my fit bit was not properly placed on my wrist but my heart rate was fine so I guess that's not the problem. This forum indicates has been a problem for quite a while. ...when will there be a fix? I certainly can't recommend fitbit to my friends if it doesn't work properly and consistently
Best Answer
I contacted customer support and she walked me through a fix. Great support!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Care to share?

Best Answer
I wish I could but it involved multiple steps which I don't recall as it took about 15 minutes. Sorry I can't remember!
Best Answer
0 Votes