Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracker stopped tracking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Any ideas as to what I need to do to fix my sleep tracker? It stopped tracking my sleep a week ago.
Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Good Morning,

My "problem" isn't that my Fitbit One has stopped tracking my sleep, it is that it apparently tracked my sleep when I'm not wearing it.

Last night just before I went to bed I saw my fitbit was very low, not quite dead.  So I put it on the charger for the night.  My cell was also on its charger,

I went to bed about 11pm was up at 6:20am.  When I took my fitbit off the charger and logged in with weight, sleep times (knowing it would just show times), imagine my surprise when I was shown I fell asleep in 1 minute (not true), the graph showed a flat line but the words were I was awake 3 times and restless 5 times. 

Curious to know why I got this report which cannot possibly be correct since not only was I not wearing my fitbit one, it was in another room.

Margie

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep tracker has worked well until last night.It told me that I woke at 3.30 which I did however I went back to sleep & it shows nothing for after 3.30 am ? It also appears that I had been sleep wlaking !! Anyone else had this & know what to do please ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chris4 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I recommend changing the sleep setting to "normal" as it will only count significant movements as being awake while the "sensitive" will record nearly all movements as time spent restless or awake. You can also try restarting your Charge HR. To add the sleep log that is missing, you can do so by manually adding it on the app or online dashboard. 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped a few days ago as well. Per this thread, I've tried restrating my tracker and my phone. I've uninstalled and re-paired my tracker. Still not working. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try holding in the button a couple of seconds to toggle the notifications on/off?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try holding in the button a couple of seconds to toggle the notifications on/off?
Best Answer
0 Votes
As I mentioned - mine started one last time but then stopped. I am going to order a new one - likely tonight. I will monitor this one because I think I should be getting more than a year from a piece of equipment such as this.

Kevin
Best Answer
0 Votes
As I mentioned - mine started one last time but then stopped. I am going to order a new one - likely tonight. I will monitor this one because I think I should be getting more than a year from a piece of equipment such as this.

Kevin
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure I'm following you. Holding the button in for a couple of seconds starts the stopwatch. Which notifications are you referring to?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree! Good luck with your new one.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree! Good luck with your new one.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
It has been so long since I posted this problem. I don't even remember when I posted it, but was surprised to suddenly get 8 responses today. Two of them were the same one, congratulating on getting a new unit. I didn't.

As I recall I did get it working for a day or two and it stopped again so I just said screw it and I simply don't use that function anymore. Decided my time and keeping an even stress level was to valuable to be bothered by some stupid piece of technology. I track my sleep now the old-fashioned way, by the clock and how I feel in the morning.

LSKKMa
Best Answer
0 Votes
It has been so long since I posted this problem. I don't even remember when I posted it, but was surprised to suddenly get 8 responses today. Two of them were the same one, congratulating on getting a new unit. I didn't.

As I recall I did get it working for a day or two and it stopped again so I just said screw it and I simply don't use that function anymore. Decided my time and keeping an even stress level was to valuable to be bothered by some stupid piece of technology. I track my sleep now the old-fashioned way, by the clock and how I feel in the morning.

LSKKMa
Best Answer
0 Votes

LSKKMa
Best Answer
0 Votes
If you're looking at the initial clock face, holding the button in for a couple of seconds is how you toggle the notifications on and off.
Best Answer
0 Votes
If you're looking at the initial clock face, holding the button in for a couple of seconds is how you toggle the notifications on and off.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm, on mine that starts the stopwatch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Cycle thru the screens on the watch by pressing the button once at a time. When you get to the notifications screen, if it says "Notifications off" hold it in for a couple seconds to turn them on. If you never cycle to a notifications screen, then that option isn't turned on in the app. Go to the menu settings in the app and enable notifications, then try the above again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well this is awkward, I don't have that as an option in my app. Notifications is not an option for my Customize Display options. I only have Clock, Steps, Heart Rate, Distance, Calories, and Floors. I just checked and there's no updarte available for the app.  Hmmm. I do have a Notifications option in my settings. But the only thing there I can change is Calls on or off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I've discovered the problem on mine. The heart rate tracker isn't working. I have no flashing green lights coming from underneath.Pretty sure that's how the sleep tracker works, based on heart rate. Perhaps my tracker, which is a little over 1 1/2 years old, is dying.

Best Answer
0 Votes