Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just purchased a Charge 2 and finally got setup but cannot get my text notifications to come up. I am getting call notifications but not text notifications. Have tried troubleshooting a few processes but still no luck.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I actually accidentally fixed this myself. I attempted to reboot the tracker by holdin the button down on the phone while it was connected to the charger. I must have missed it because it didn't reboot so I pushed it again and it said Notifications On. I must have reboot it when an update came out earlier this week and turned it off. Please list this as a possible solution. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

Hi

If not already done, feel free to check out the fitbit article:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1610

Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advise, but I have tried these 2 fixes and still I only get my Tracker to notify me when a call comes through but not a text.

Best Answer

It's possible to contact the Fitbit Support Team: India | United Kingdom | United States

Optionally check out Returns & Warranty before contacting support.

Mention what you've already tried to speed things up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am from Australia, so are these call centres free calls as I dont feel comfortable sitting on hold for 10-20 minutes while I wait. Or is there a local Australian centre I could call

Best Answer
You're probably best using email or online chat in that case.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advise. Is there even an online talk section? Just sent an email and it tells me there is a 2 day wait for a response. Why is there no call centre somewhere outside of USA, London and India. If they want to sell around the world then either make the products fit for purpose or have better customer service. I have now wasted 2 days online trying to find a solution and am no closer to a resolution.

May just go purchase a Garmin:((

Best Answer
Which phone do you hVe @Alex1711, we might be able to with specific things to check
Best Answer

@Alex1711 I can definitely help!

Out of curiosity, do you manage multiple Bluetooth devices on your iPhone? For instance: a car multimedia system, Bluetooth speaker, Bluetooth headphones, etc.

Also, do you occasionally receive text notifications or are you not receiving them at all?

Lastly, do you use iOS's native SMS App or a different messaging app?

Please keep me posted.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alex1711  Also, be sure that on your phones settings, you have "Show in Notification Center" on as well for your messages.  Sometimes that gets overlooked.  

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

@Alex1711 also make sure that "Show in notifications center" is set for each of the following apps:

Settings > Notifications > Calendar

Settings > Notifications > Messages

Settings > Notifications > Phone

(not sure why that isn't in Fitbit help)

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

I'm using a iPhone 6.

Alex Oliviero

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not familiar with iphones, I have a droid. But I wasn't getting texts either until I figured out why. If you click on the text notification, a second window will open. There you have to choose which text app you use and restart your phone. Magic. It defaulted to message, but I use message+. I wouldn't get a text notification because a text message will never come through message. There is also skype, whatsapp and others to choose from. My only sad moment came when I realized you can only choose one. I actually get messages from the other apps too, but oh well. Try and let me know if it fixes you.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ugh celebrated too soon. Back to the drawing board.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes
Enabling "show in Notification Center" worked for me. It doesn't make much sense since my phone settings do not include this but I get those notifications. That said, I went through every step in the help article, spent an hour waiting for a chat which was not helpful and ended up spending another 45 minutes on the phone. The rep was helpful but only went through the same items in the help article. Ultimately, they wanted me to send my tracker back and THEN they would send me a replacement. I declined as I think it's ridiculous that they would not send the replacement first and then give x amount of days to return it (like a phone return).
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey my friends @emili @Madmaggie! I'm very sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with your notifications. I was wondering, is the issue persisting? 

One thing that worked for me was removing my device from my Fitbit App and my Bluetooth settings and set up the notifications again. See the troubleshooting steps here:

For Android users

For iOS users

Hope that helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm good!! I realized notifications don't go through if the phone is on silent mode. Works brilliantly now

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear you're back @emiliSmiley Very Happy However, I'm curious since my phone is always on silent mode and my notifications are going through. I'm a confused, would you mind to clarify this for me?

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I think it depends on how your silent is set up. Mine is do not disturb. So it doesn't. If it's on vibrate, I get notified.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gotcha @emili! Sometimes I do the same with my phone and I just see my notifications when I decide to use it, so it makes sense. 

Thanks for clearing things up! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes