Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timezone info wrong?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I just discovered an error in the timezone information on my fitbit. It selected casablanca(+1). In itself this is correct. But my device kept showing a time 2 hours behind. I changed the timezone to London(+1) and now its correct.

As a test, I changed it back to casablanca.Again, wrong time. Changed to London, correct time. Looks like the timezone info on fitbit has a typo, where the timezone for casablanca is listed as minus1. Instead of the plus one.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Valkenier It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community!

I will assist you with your timezone. Thank you for troubleshooting this issue. I suggest you try using the automatic timezone setting to see if this works for you. If it doesn't then please keep the current configuration while the team fixes this.

I'll be around.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi AlvaroFitbit,

Thanks for your suggestion. But I always use the automatic time zone. Now I am on holidays on the canary islands. And my fitbit refused to show me the correct local time. When I investigated this I saw casablanca as the selected time zone. That is how I came aware of this issue. Now I have manually selected another timezone with the same offset. So my time is showing correct.

I just have to remember setting it back to automatic when I get back home..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Valkenier thank you for your reply and clarification and sorry for the delay in mine. 

Thank you for your clarification. Did you change your settings back after your trip? Is the timezone working fine now?

Keep me posted.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just finished a cruise wearing my fitbit charge 2.  I saw a suggestion to turn off the automatic time zone and manually set it.  Unfortunately due to very slow internet, I couldn't get the time zone correct as we changed time zones.  I'm back home and it is correct, but I'd like to set it back to autormatic.  That option is not available on my advanced settings.  Where do I find it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Casablanca time zone problem has restarted overnight!  My Charge 2 was showing 7:25 at 9:25 even though the sleep record ended at 7:50!

I have changed to London time zone and that fixed it after syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having this problem right now. Can’t believe finite hasn’t changed the information to the correct one by now. Will have to manually set it to a zone which has the same time as Casablanca

Best Answer

Hi Fitbit, please get this issue fixed before London time changes at end of October because Casablanca is not expected to change at same time.

Best Answer
0 Votes