Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of syncing issues?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else as tired as me of the constant sync problems? I've had nothing but problems since I got this thing and it's so frustrating to have to reset, restart, try this, try that... how about they just make their product work or return our money. Mine hardly ever works correctly and I've spent hour and hours messing with this thing. Currently it's been a week since I could get it to sync despite dozens of efforts. If I contact customer support I get the same tired links that I've tried over and over... and then suddenly it'll sync out of nowhere and they're all "glad you got it to work, thanks for contacting us". Then the next week it starts all over. It's absolutely shameful.

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

I absolutely agree with you. I have had nothing but syncing problems. And Live Chat is useless. And the phone number they give is not available from Canada. Seriously?! 

Best Answer
I removed the device and the Fitbit app and then reinstalled the app and my
device. It was a bit of a nuisance but it has been working well since then
and so far. What worries me is why we are running into syncing issues at
all?

I am not sure if Fitbit is having management problems or what but it is
clear that they have serious customer satisfaction issues to address.
Best Answer
Thanks for the reply. I contacted them via Live Chat and they wouldn't
even *try
*to help. The agent just said someone would follow up with me via email.
I'm just going to return it. The syncing issue is too frustrating, too time
consuming. And they don't provide anything close to adequate support. I had
a Fitbit "One" for 5 years (the battery started to fade), and never had any
issues. Do you know of a good alternative, meaning a tracker NOT made by
Fitbit?

Best,

Jill
Best Answer

Glad I read these. I was  considering getting the new one with O2 sensors, which is pretty pricey. My charge 3 hasn't sync since Jan 5. I have had this happen before as well. After reading a lot of post on same issue there is no way I'm going to spend $300 plus to upgrade when they can't be trusted with the products they already have. $300 plus seems a little ridiculous for what you are getting anyways..

Thanks

Best Answer

I agree. I wish they had the Fitbit "One" - it worked for years with no problems. The frustration, and the lack of support is ridiculous.

If anyone has a recommendation for a NON-Fitbit tracker, I'd love to hear it.

People shouldn't need expertise in technology to be able to use them (not that that helps). They're just too finicky.

Best Answer
Hi Jill

People who use the Apple watch find it great. But the cost and the need to
have other Apple devices to fully use the functions of your investment may
not work for many. We all need to do more research because it appears that
Fitbit syncing issues are appearing to be widespread.

The best to you Jill

Shiraz
Best Answer

I too have a serious problem syncing my Charge HR 2 fitbit tracker. Every single day, without exception I have a problem syncing my tracker to my PC. People tell me I should use my phone but why can't I use my PC and still get consistent good syncing results? The Bluetooth on my computer syncs instantly with every other Bluetooth device in the neighbourhood except to my fitbit tracker. So, I have to conclude that there must be something wrong with the tracker that fitbit won't admit. Some people suggest rebooting my computer but that's really a lame solution. Nobody should have to "continuously reboot" their computer to sync their fitness tracker. With the original fitbit platform using a Dongle plugged into my computer, I never had a problem syncing. And, the worst part is; it's next to impossible or maybe it is impossible to get genuine support from Fitbit. They take your money then they lock the door when it come to proper support. Try a forum they say, just don't bother us. Clearly, Fitbit is failing me and many other people too. We all need a new Fitness Tracking platform, we need something more reliable and functional than Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I couldn't agree more. The original platform with the dongle plugged into the computer worked fine. As Fitbit has tried to "improve," they have clearly overextended themselves. And I agree about the lack of support. They need to turn things around fast or another company will (hopefully) step up and take over. As it stands, the new Fitbit products (I've tried two and returned both) are just a disaster. Toooooo frustrating.

Best Answer

Hi Jill, I'm having problems syncing the tracker to my computer. Today someone asked me if I had ever downloaded the app to my phone and said that if I had, that I should try uninstalling the phone app and then try again to sync my tracker to my computer. I did have the app on my phone from about a year ago even though I never use it. So, I uninstalled the fitbit app from my phone just today and ever since I haven't had any problems syncing my tracker to my computer. I'm being cautious with this new development because I've occasionally had previous streaks of good luck with the tracker syncing to the computer but never for longer than about 24 hours. If I continue have syncing success for a few days without a problem I'll let you know. If this solution works, it will have been an easy fix. Even if this solution does work it's not because Fitbit Support helped me. Like many other people I have an array of bluetooth devices which I never have any issues with syncing. Just now I re-synced the fitbit tracker and it synced flawlessly. Fingers crossed that's a trend.

Best Answer

Hi Chuck, I hope that works. However, it doesn't excuse Fitbit's lack of service, and other issues. They have released products into the market that are unstable. It shouldn't be the case that you can't have it linked to your phone without becoming unstable. Linking to your phone should be do-able. Please let us know if unlinking solves the problem.

Best Answer

Hi Jill, This morning it was right back to the same old syncing problem. I can't imagine what happened overnight to change the situation, the tracker was still syncing successfully when I went to bed. Finally, I rebooted the computer and the sync was successful and has been for the last couple of hours of me testing it about every 15 minutes. The main reason I still use fitbit is because up until about a week ago I was still able to access the original platform and use the Dongle to sync my info. Of course, in the last two years I did install the new version of fitbit both on my phone and my computer but after I gave it a good shot for a couple of months I became fed up with some of the cumbersome and irritating features and went back to the original platform. I had the application downloaded on a memory stick and although fitbit tried to prevent me from using it I kept finding work around solutions and as long as the Dongle was functional syncing was successful. Then, about a week ago fitbit cut all the connections so syncing via the Dongle is no longer possible. That's the only reason I returned to using the current fitbit application. I certainly will not continue to put up with Fitbit's lack of genuine support and constant syncing issues. It seems that Fitbit only cares about syncing to smart phones; as far as I can tell they consider issues concerned with syncing to personal computers to be ancient history and could care less how much I or anybody else complains. It's true, I do like many of the features of how fitbit functions but if I can't connect to the program when it's convenient for me then it's time I shopped for a better alternative than Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Please do let me know if you find a good alternative. For sure: Fitbit does not care about customer service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will do that for sure. I won't forget. Ever since I replied to you yesterday saying that after I rebooted my fitbit synced, well the tracker has consistently synced successfully ever since. It synced several times yesterday and several times today. They were annoyingly slow syncs but at least none of them failed. However, I'm not going to kid myself, I need a more functionally reliable option than Fitbit provides and so do many other people such as yourself. I'm fed up with Fitbit insisting they know what's best for their customers, the fact is, they have proven that they don't listen to their customers even though they keep asserting that they do. There are just too many obvious flaws in the Fitbit program that never get fixed for anybody to believe that Fitbit truly listens to what it's customers are saying. No reliable functionality, no credibility, that's Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Jill, yesterday I had a conversation with a computer programmer about the problems I have been experiencing with syncing my tracker. The programmer is not a Fitbit user but gave me some insight that I found interesting. After listening to my complaints about Fitbit he said it was clear that I don't have an appreciation of just well Fitness Tracker programs actually work. He emphasised that all the fitness programs are super sophisticated and most likely function exactly the way they are designed to function. It seems that what he is saying is that Fitbit functions perfectly but is no longer in the business of selling or supporting trackers designed to function on computer operating systems, period. Basically, fitness tracker support is now simply a smoke and mirrors act, i.e., genuine support no longer actually exists. It would seem that all the fitness tracker programs are on the same page and have bid goodbye to personal computers in favor of cell phone platforms. This is the view I got from a programmer and it seems pretty much in keeping with the research I've been doing on alternate fitness trackers. Sadly, much of our daily interaction with the world is now being funneled through our cell phones and the Fitness industry is already fully on board to make sure we don't leave home without our phones and fitness tracker software always with us.

Best Answer

Hi Chuck, Thanks for this follow up info. I must say, though, I'm sad to hear it. Basically, it seems that all fitness trackers are working as Fitbit does: only with cell phones, and with lousy service. Doesn't seem like there are good options out there for people who want to use their computers. Personally, cell phone data is so expensive that I don't have it, so using my phone wouldn't work. I guess I'll just use the old Fitbit (with the dongle) for as long as it lasts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, you are fortunate that you can still rely on your dongle because Fitbit finally disabled mine. From what I hear, regular tracker syncing is possible but only by rebooting the computer; ya what a pain. The fact that the pattern is obvious screams that it's the result of a program which is working exactly as planned. Once you have rebooted and the Fitbit page opens up and is updated, don't close the program after you're  finished viewing the page, instead, click on the minus sign and keep the program open and running in your Taskbar. If you don't mind keeping it open in the Taskbar it will run for most of the day and you can open it and minus it quite often before it finally closes on it's own. Then you will have to reboot your computer to get it to initialize again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
But it never worked on my phone, either. I didn't use my PC with it much.
Sometimes the PC was necessary to fix it, depending on whatever fix-it
voodoo I had recently read about on the forum.

I have given up on trackers for the time being. My Fitbit sits in my
bedtable drawer, unused. I plan to give it away for free on Facebook
Marketplace.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, ya I hear what you are saying, my days with Fitbit are pretty much at an end too. The constant battle with Fitbit in regards to both syncing and support has turned me off trackers in general. It's pretty clear to me that Fitbit has an agenda which is not in keeping with my goals. My guess is that someone will surface who grasps the folly of Fitbit's objectives and they will develop a tracker designed to meet people's needs instead of thwarting them at every turn as Fitbit does. When that happens I'll get back on board, just not on the Fitbit train.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jill, like so many on here I had constant syncing problems with my Fitbit. I finally gave up and purchased a garmin and have not experienced a single syncing issue. It is too bad since I do like the Fitbit platform but fed up with constant problems, this last one was my 3rd charge 3 in 2 years and not one of them last a year. My Fitbit stills syncs sporadically but not enough to be reliable.

Best Answer

am sick and tired of this syncing problem... i have totally given up... will log off after today... am looking into getting an apple watch se... goodbye all

Best Answer
0 Votes