Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning Charger HR off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
How do you turn off the unit when not in use?????
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You don't!

They are designed to be left on all the time.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

You don't!

They are designed to be left on all the time.

Best Answer
Thanxs......
Best Answer

The Fitbit Surge is the only tracker to date which can be turned off.

Best Answer
0 Votes
In my opinion the anwer 'charge hr cannot be turned off' is not a solutuon... I suopose that with a firmware update the issue can be solved! There are several reasons to turn it off and no reasons to keep it always on. Please fitbit technicians do your best to solve this big issue. Thanks in advance
Best Answer

Out of interest, could you give some examples of why it should be a feature. One good reason for it being the way it is, is simplicity.

You could raise a feature suggestion for this at: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features

Have a search first though in case it's already been suggested.

Best Answer
There is YouTube video that shows how you can turn it off (haven't got the link handy sorry)
I did it but panicked as took ages for it to come back on again
But there is a way x
Best Answer
Hello, you asked me some examples to add the 'turn off' feature! I'm really surprised about this request! In your forum you can already find several examples... i can add 'to save battery' when the device is not used... considering that charge hr is not so confortable to wear , it cannot be used in the swimming pool etc it could happen often 🙂 Anyway you mentioned simplicity! I agree to avoid unusefull fetures that could add 'noise' (for instance 'drunk wather' in the app) on the other hands what is unusefull form me could not be useful for sombody else. In my opinion more features are always good... simplicity means to be hergobomic, not reducing features. For instance there is a feature to restart the device (12sec hold button etc...). It could be more usefull to turn off and then turn on in two phases (holding the button for some seconds) having two features: turn off the device, restart the device! Just ab example 🙂 Rehards, Gabriele PS: the app woks with Samsung S5mini... add it in the list
Best Answer

Thanks @gabrieleg 

I like the idea of the 2 phase restart incorporating an off feature and encourage you to create a feature suggestion for this.

As you say, what's important to some is pointless to others so it's hard to gauge support for ideas unless people vote for it. As an example, I find the water logging really useful.

By the way, just in case you were under the impression that I worked for fitbit, I should point out that although I am a member of the community council (click on the CC in my signature for details), I am just a fitbit user.

Best Answer
Currently I am having issues with syncing abd part of the solution is to turn it off..... which I can't do 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah, I see.

A better solution might be to restart the tracker:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-restart-my-tracker/

Note that this doesn't always work first time so you might need to give it several tries.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My device will not connect via bluetooth and has not been tracking HR at all, all day. I have reset it multiple times and being able to turn it off would be a feature that would be useful in this instance.

However, it seems there is no hope for my device, so turning it off would be useful, now that it has to go back to the shop.

Best Answer

I want to turn mine off for a few days. I'm ill with a chest infection and constantly seeing how little I'm moving is making me feel even worse! I'll turn it on again once I'm no longer on bed rest haha. Wish there was an easier way to do it.

Best Answer
Here is some stats mine tracked while in my bag. Even trackssteps on my wrist while driving so being able to turn it off would be handy.https://m.facebook.com/comment/replies/?ctoken=10100583246052349_10100583284799699&ft_ent_identifier...
Best Answer

I can take my Harley for a good ride and walk 80000 to 100000 steps on my charge HR without actually taking a real step. Being able to turn it off would be nice.

Best Answer

I was told by fit bit to go into the dashboard log where it tracked the ride as walking or as outdoor bike and it will reduce the number of steps.

Screenshot_2016-02-14-05-42-03[1].png

I drive a fuel tanker and I'm pretty sure with all the lake effect snow we got up here in NY I didn't have time to climb 309 floors.

Best Answer

I ride a motorcyle and when I am wearing the Fitbit (I have the One, Charge HR and Blaze) the devices record steps and stairs climb based on the motion of the motorcyle. I would like to turn off my device so I have an accurate reading when I ride my motorcycle. 

Best Answer
Yes I am a truck driver and the vibration when driving counts steps not good 11 hour days is about 5000
Best Answer

You should see mine.It counts 3 to 5 thousand steps when i ride my motorcycle? Why can't you turn it off?

Best Answer
I have an excellent example of why one might want to turn off their FitBit. I ride a motorcycle and while riding it records the motion of the motorcycle as steps and stairs. Be great to turn off for this reason while I am riding to work or cruising around. 2nd reason - same things occurs on my riding lawn mower or golf cart
Best Answer