Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning Charger HR off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
How do you turn off the unit when not in use?????
Best Answer
0 Votes
42 REPLIES 42

Exactly!!!  I just logged 35,000 steps and 276 stairs...INSANE.  Would be nice just to turn it off while I ride instead of all this backdoor junk...and no way to remove badges!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too would like a way to turn off my device. I am a flight instructor and each time I fly my Fitbit says I have walked about 500 steps and climbed 4 flights of stairs. I fly twice a day 5 days a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not everyone wants to use it all the time and be forced to recharge it on a schedule . . . we're not robots.

Just like a cell phone . . you don't want it to lose power when you're not using it.

Best Answer
I am a truck driver and it logs step as I am drive most days in to 7000 range I drive every day 4 weeks at a time. Either need it to turn off so can have it off while driving or a easy don't count mode.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am a truck driver and it logs step as I am drive most days in to 7000 range I drive every day 4 weeks at a time. Either need it to turn off so can have it off while driving or a easy don't count mode.

Almost useless unless the fix it
Best Answer

Same here.

I forgot to take my Charge HR off my wrist and it recorded that I climbed over 50 flights of steps and burned over 2000 calories from an hour's motorcycle ride.  

When I ride to work and back, even when the device is in my backpack, it still records a ton of incorrect activity. Being able to turn the device off is a required feature for it to be useful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

YOU CAN Turn off a Charge HR!

Use this link and follow the instructions for the One:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1257

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope not the charge hr look it says blaze and surge does not say charge
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know, but I followed the directions for the One and it worked on my Charge HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was gonna mention the motorcycle thing. I dont wanna leave my fitbit at home while i ride. I have gotten stair badges that i didnt earn. Fitbit tells me they cant be erased. Would love to turn it off so i dont fall behind in my community groups
Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a very good reason. I ride a motorcycle & I'm new to the FitBit World. I left it on my wrist and took a ride, it logged a crazy amount of steps. On the return, I took it off and put in my saddlebag, it logged 45 minutes of outdoor bicycling. On the next time out I put it in my pocket. Guess what? it still longed my time on the bike as outdoor biking. Don't want to leave it at home simply because I loose steps, excersize and other readings while hiking walking or whatever else I'm doing.

Best Answer
I ride a motorcycle and it generates over 100 unearned steps per minute when I ride. I get 6000 steps just riding back and forth to work. Be great to turn it off while I'm on the bike.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Out of interest, could you give some examples of why it should be a feature. One good reason for it being the way it is, is simplicity.

I use my Charge HR two to three times a week.  I put it on my nightstand and it might sit for 3 days.  I pick it up to go run or workout and, OH NO! the battery is dead.  If I were able to turn it off, this would not be an issue. And I don't like leaving connected to the charger when it's fully charged.  It seems like a pretty good reason to me, but then I'm not a developer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

One reason for a "turn off feature": I recently got a new charge HR. I set up the new tracker with my account and reset the old tracker. But even now the alarm goes off on my old tracker with seemingly no way to turn it off. The alarm seems to be "on" on the dashboard of my new tracker but still doesn't go off.

I tried to solve the problem by setting up a new account for my old tracker and then turning everything off. Still no luck.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to turn my Charge HR off to ship it to a friend (it's a large and I bought a small that fits me much better). As it stands now, it's unpaired from my account but the alarm is still going off faithfully at 7:30 am. You don't think the buzzing inside a package is going to attract the attention of a postal worker? There's currently no way for me to turn off that alarm without pairing it up again, turning off the alarms, and unpairing again. What a pain! It is still likely to arrive with a flat battery, too, instead of nicely charged, which is disappointing.

I don't want to drain the battery when I don't have it on, for whatever reason. Seems like a long button press should do it, or potentially even a secret combination of long presses. I don't care what the secret handshake is, but it's ridiculous to not be able to do it.

JuliaZ

Fitbit user since 12/2010

Original tracker

One (multiple versions)

Charge HR - small

Best Answer
0 Votes

totally agreed with points you raised and I find it is pointless to deny the fact that it should have a turn off mechanism. I also have a Sony smart band swr 10 and it is kind of 3 years ago when they have created it, but that is what we are looking when we say simplicity as because depending on the duration of how long you press the key it determines to go turn off, restart, or even go in night mode, remember there is no screen used to have those smart bands. in one month I am a frustrated user of FitBit charge HR as I keep charging it for a little reason. I jog in morning. I keep it at home as it is not at all a style statement to have that 24 x 7 (I would say yes if it would place the screen vertically to make the band slim like livestrong (lolz). Anyway in forum I think opinions are personal and solution should be from authority, Anybody puts own opinion as a proven solution other than authority( in this case Fitbit) should not be entertained. It keeps the thread long for no reason. To FITBIT team, please make devices Waterproof, Intelligent and looks phenomal as the world of smart wear is not idle at a place, Please remember Darwin's law (Lolz).

Best Answer
0 Votes

totally agreed with points you raised and I find it is pointless to deny the fact that it should have a turn off mechanism. I also have a Sony smart band swr 10 and it is kind of 3 years ago when they have created it, but that is what we are looking when we say simplicity as because depending on the duration of how long you press the key it determines to go turn off, restart, or even go in night mode, remember there is no screen used to have those smart bands. in one month I am a frustrated user of FitBit charge HR as I keep charging it for a little reason. I jog in morning. I keep it at home as it is not at all a style statement to have that 24 x 7 (I would say yes if it would place the screen vertically to make the band slim like livestrong (lolz). Anyway in forum I think opinions are personal and solution should be from authority, Anybody puts own opinion as a proven solution other than authority( in this case Fitbit) should not be entertained. It keeps the thread long for no reason. FITBIT team please make devices Waterproof, Intelligent and looks phenomal as the world of smart wear is not idle at a place, Please remember Darwin's law (Lolz).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks to all those who have answered my question in January about the need to be able to turn off your fitbit. I understand now and agree with the comments. I trust that a feature request has been created as suggested and that there are now lots of votes for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really?!?!? It can't be turn off??? With all the other problems like getting sync to work and all the other comments found on the web site, it makes you wanna go out a buy a different product.

Best Answer
0 Votes