Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use a dongle for fitbit charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.  

My Doctor bless her heart. Gave me her Fitbit charge 2,  I was really thrilled to receive this. But now I am waiting on a Dongle to sync  with my computer. I don't have the newer windows 10 or a Android or any of the newer Cell phones. So what I am wondering is how do I use the Dongle for my new account.?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks  nyzki

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello and welcome to the forums @nyzki

What an awesome doctor to gift you with a Fitbit!

You can learn how to set up on the computer with a dongle here - click - just go to the Windows 8.1 section.

There is a whole area on the Charge 2 here - click- which has the owner's manual and related articles. You can read up on things while waiting on the dongle.

We're glad you joined with us. It's a big community to explore.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Hello and welcome to the forums @nyzki

What an awesome doctor to gift you with a Fitbit!

You can learn how to set up on the computer with a dongle here - click - just go to the Windows 8.1 section.

There is a whole area on the Charge 2 here - click- which has the owner's manual and related articles. You can read up on things while waiting on the dongle.

We're glad you joined with us. It's a big community to explore.

Best Answer

Wow, nice doctor. I use a dongle on my laptop. It works better than the bluetooth that came on it. I leave the dongle plugged in so I don't lose it. Unless I need the port temporarily for something else. I have the device on my left wrist and the dongle is plugged in on the right, so syncing can be a challenge, unless I want to go through the trouble of taking off the Fitbit, syncing and putting it back on. They have to be close together for it to sync. Mine works the best when right next to each other. So I have my left arm laying across the keyboard, while trying to hit the "syc now" with my right.

Best Answer

Thank you for the information. And  I have downloaded and printed the manual. 

nyzki

Best Answer

@nyzki  you're going to be ready to go once the dongle arrives!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again.

Yesterday  I posted that I was waiting for my Dongle to arrive.  Well it came today & since I don't have the latest version of Windows 10 .  I am still confused as how to set up my charge 2.  I have my manual but it does not say anything about how to use this thing. Any advice on what to do to resolve this issue?  I would greatly appreciate it.                 Thanks nyzki

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contacted customer service about my Dongle not working in set up for charge 2 . I was told that I would have to download Windows 10 in order for it to work. I am not happy about that.  I don't want to download Windows 10  That screws up things on my computer.  So this fitbit is absolutely worthless. Wow for the amount of money these things are  you would think that this would not be such a hassle.    Not pleased at all.                                                     nyzki

Best Answer

Without knowing which version you do have it is hard to help. 

Please go to the address on your tracker http://www.fitbit.com/setup

This page will direct you to the correct software, most likely the Fitbit Connect. Download, install, run. Now log in to your account, I'm not sure but you might have to pick 'I have an account' 

Then follow the prompts. 

Http://help.fitbit.com/?q=setup 

I assume your not running win 7

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have windows 8  and was told that the dongle won't work because I don't have windows 10  by customer support when I contacted them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That surprises me. I thought that was why most people used a dongle with their Charge 2, was because they had older computers without Bluetooth and Windows 10. My Fitbit One came with a dongle and I had Windows 7 back then. It worked fine. I am now using it with my Charge 2 because it syncs better than the Bluetooth on my new laptop. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Amy1015 what OS is your laptop running? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi  I actually have windows 7  and no there is nothing that will support the setup. I am not very happy.  And I find this very frustrating that this has to be a major hassle to set up a fitbit.

nyzki

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually the version that I have is windows 7 and I don't want to download Windows 10  it messes up my computer.  So  I am unable to set up sync or do anything. Glad that I did not waste  my money on this this.                                     

Best Answer
0 Votes

And no compatability phone? 

Just be careful with Win 7, or is it Win 8?

In any case so that we know what has been discussed so far, I've merged your 3 threads. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am very disappointed that I cant  setup or sync my fitbit charge 2, I have the older version of WIndows  I have 7  so it isn't supported anymore.  I do not want to download windows 10  nor do I have the latest version of  Cell phone.  Personally I am really glad that this was given to me.  And the cost of this  is not worth the hassle of trying to get connected. I am  thinking that i will either sell it or give it someone who has the latest version of  Windows bluetooth or Android.   I  don't need the hassles or frustration.

Best Answer

@nyzki,

You don't need to download Windows 10 to run Fitbit.  Just download Fitbit Connect (click on the Download for Windows link); it should still work with Windows 7.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried several times to get a account set up but  nothing works.   Just a word to the folks with a charge 2 and using a older version of windows. like windows 8  or older.  Set up is no longer being supported by this version, I even contacted customer support. They could not help me either.  I was so excited to get started with my fitbit, Only to have my hopes dashed.   I  don't own a new cell phone. because I can't afford a newer phone.  And  i do not want to load windows 10 because it messes things up on my computer or I would have it already.   And  this fitbit is something that I would not be able to afford as well.  It was a gift from my Doctor.  I would like to use the features on this. But since I cant  I don't know what else to use it for other than a nifty watch.  Too bad  I was hoping to use it in my daily exercise routine. . I even got a dongle.  That at least was free .  So good luck to those that have the  Fitbit charge  I hope that you get farther with it than i did.      

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope tried this too , Does not work

Thanks nyzki

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nyzki,

Can you be a little more specific?  Does the download fail?  Does the installation fail?  Does everything install, but fail to actually setup your Fitbit?

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok here is what it says  change repair or remove.   And I downloaded the fitbit connect.  Nothing happens other that what  i  wrote

Best Answer
0 Votes