Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR - Steps not being counted while on a treadmill

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, when I use my treadmill, I count the steps the treadmill shows me. I also have an app on my phone that counts steps and then my Inpsire HR. The treadmill and the app generally match with the amount of steps I’ve done, but my watch is always 300 - 500 steps out (as in under not over) How do I rectify this? I know I won’t get an accurate record, but this is quite a difference compared to the treadmill and app.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Do you hold onto the rails of the treadmill? If so, this may account for the under-tracking of steps on your fitbit. As its tracking is based on movement of your tracker i.e. your wrist, if your wrist is not moving normally then it will not track normally. If you are able to use the treadmill without holding on then it should be more accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SamH42 It's great to see you in the Community!

As @SteveH mentioned grabbing the bars on a treadmill will impede the device from properly tracking your steps. Your device will detect the movement on your arm and translate that movement into steps. There are situations in which your arm may be still but you could be moving or walking. This may happen when you are pushing a cart or holding bars while walking or using a treadmill. For added sensitivity you can try wearing your device on your dominant hand but select that hand as non dominant on the device’s settings to make it more sensitive to movement. Also make sure your hands are moving so the device can properly track your steps.

Hope this helps.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I don’t have any bars/handles to grab hold off. My arms swing as though I’m walking normally.

Best Answer

Hi, as above -  I don’t have any bars/handles to hold on to. My arms swing as though I’m walking normally.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SamH42 thanks for the additional information.

As mentioned before you can try the suggestions in my previous post to increase its sensibility to motion. This way it can record your steps while on the treadmill.

I'll be around.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes