Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire & Inspire HR Battery Issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 4/9/19 Our engineers have added the Stats Heavy and Valerie clockfaces back into the gallery. Feel free to re-install them if you had recently removed them due to battery concerns. 

Our team was recently made aware of an issue which may be affecting some users battery life while using certain clockfaces on Inspire and Inspire HR. We are currently looking into this and hope to have a fix identified soon. 

In the meantime, I recommend switching to one of these three clockfaces: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog. After some testing, our team has determined that switching to the above clockfaces should help alleviate potential battery drain. 

If you are experiencing short battery life after switching to one of the clockfaces above, I also recommend performing a quick restart and following the troubleshoots listed in this article.

As always, I will be sure to keep you all in the loop as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have any additional insights or questions. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the detailed information shared and the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. I see where your disappointment is coming from. 

This thread will be closed as of now, because this issue was resolved on 4/9/19 where, our engineers have added the Stats Heavy and Valerie clockfaces back into the gallery. Feel free to re-install them if you removed them due to battery concerns. 

If you experience battery draining difficulties, follow the tips on this article. If you continue to experience issues, feel free to create a new thread or contact our Support team

See you around.  

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
475 REPLIES 475

I got my fitbit inspire HR on friday march 15th around noon and fully charged it before using. the battery is now dead after about 2.5 days of use. any ideas as to what may be causing this or how to fix it?

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer

I’m having the same

issue. You’d think after making so many types they’d have this battery thing down. 2 days is def. not enough!

Best Answer

The Inspire is advertised as up to 4 days of battery life, but this depends on usage, so 2.5 isnt actually that bad. Mine lasts about that, and I have changed my charging practices because of it - I just put it on charge when I am sitting down after dinner each night.  If you have all day sync turned on it will eat into the battery life, as will notifications, especially if you get a lot. Checking your tracker often (as it is usual to do with new devices) will also eat into the battery.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Actually,it hasn’t a battery life of up to 5 days, not 4. I have no notifications for emails and such and my Alta lasted at least 4 days. Also I turned off the screen turning on when you turn your wrist and it still happens sometimes. It’s very glitchy. 

Best Answer

My Inspire HR lasted about 2 days after the first initial charge.

Now I get a solid 4 days.  Try charging it to full again and see if it evens out.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Anyone else’s Fitbit inspire battery die quickly? I have only had mine 3 days and have had to charge it every day. It had 100% battery at 5:30 last night and is already low.

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer

Recharged it last night around 7 and took it off charger once it hit 100% around 9 or 10pm. Unfortunately, the battery is already at medium within 24 hours. Notifications aren’t on and I don’t believe I have been checking it excessively. Not sure what else to do. 

Best Answer

Same problem, mine is at 57% after about 12 hours. 

Best Answer

Hi @Kpaigec09, good to see you around.

Have you tried restarting your Inspire by following the steps here

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@Kpaigec09 @emsal17 @LBE  Welcome to the forums!

For anyone who is experiencing short battery life, I would recommend performing a quick restart. You can find additional tips on conserving battery life in this help article

It might also be helpful to double check when charging to make sure that the device is 100% charged as @NellyG suggested. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, how do I get in contact with someone about the battery issue?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had mine for 3 days and it goes dead everyday

Best Answer
0 Votes

My 14 year old bought an Inspire yesterday. We have done a hard reset, but it doesn't seem to have helped. Having other issues when on the clock screen the various functions (pulse, steps, calories, etc) scroll across the bottom rapidly and do not stop. Emailed back about my original case number to see if there are other ways to get it to work properly.

Best Answer

Same things....three days, battery totally drained by about 10 p.m. I turned the Auto Sync off tonight, maybe that will help. Still, disappointed that I've had to charge it every night.

Best Answer

I too am having battery drain issues. Within 24 hours of a full charge on a brand new unit my battery was completely depleted. I immediately called technical support and was told I needed to turn off the features ie. screen wake, HR monitor, reminders to move, text notices, etc. Pretty much I needed to turn off all the options. I do understand that the advertised "5 days" battery life is an estimate using "minimal operating functions" so.... I shut all functions/options off and completed a charge by 8:00 PM last night. The only option I left on was my weekday morning alarm for 4AM. As of 12:38 PM today my battery life is already down to 77%. That's 33% of the battery life within 16.5 hours with no functioning options other then the alarm clock. So realistically the advertised 5 day battery life is more like 2 days, and for me and my unit with NO features turned on (other then my alarm clock). Very disappointing.

Best Answer
I agree. Also I turned my wrist notification off because it was annoying me every time I moved during sleep it would light up, yet sometimes
It still does it!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi all. Just checking in here. 

Thank's to everyone who is taking the time to report on their battery life. I assure that this feedback has been forwarded to our team and we will continue to look into this. 

For anyone new to this thread, I would recommend performing a quick restart. You can find additional tips on conserving battery life in this help article

Also, it may be helpful to know which clockface you are currently using, as I know the battery life can vary depending on which you choose. 

Looking forward to hearing more feedback on this. If you have additional questions, feel free to let me know. 

Best Answer

I am having similar issues...I let it charge overnight and wore it from 630am...dead to point it shut itself off by 3pm.   Very disappointing...I had a old fit bit one for years and recently lost it so replaced it with the inspire.   Overall happy with features but I need at least a full day of battery!

Best Answer

Lost another 12% battery in the last 3.5 hours. Sadly I will be returning mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes