Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost tracking

I use an Inspire HR with my Android phone to track my walking exercises. I am finding that the tracker takes a while to connect to my phone, asking me each time to start the app first ( it didn't use to do this) The App. is also loosing the positioning on the route, it will be tracking accurately and then it will stop tracking position ultimately getting its position again and carrying on.

This is not a loss of GPS signal because today I did a test using Fitbit/Inspire HR and Wahoo/Garmin HR strap at the same time on the same phone. The Wahoo App did not loose its position.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@RoboCop-UK , Nice to see you again. Thank you for your message. 

Depending on your phone, you might have 1 GPS connection available at a time. If you are using 2 apps with GPS, your phone might only connect one. 

That being said, it seems that your Fitbit app is not allowed to run in the background. This makes that the GPS gets disconnected when the app is not active or the display of your phone is off. 

I'd suggest you to have a look at the following 

1. Confirm that the Fitbit app can use your location:
    1. Allow Location Access is set to All the Time and Location. For instructions, see the Google (Android) help article.
    2. Precise Location is turned on.
  2. Confirm that Background App Refresh is turned on for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see the Google (Android) help article.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply I will have look into that.  However the reason for the test is that I was finding it happening when only Fitbit was active. The test was done to see if it was my phone's GPS that was the problem. Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer

I have tried what you suggested. item 2 link is for iOS not Android but I did find another post 9shown below) which i did try as well

Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (iOS, Android)

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your tracker 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Neither has made a difference. I find that the Inspire HR does not want to link to the Fitbit App. It tries and then asks for the Fitbit App to be started. Even with the phone beside the tracker, and with the app started, it does connect.

It records the activity ok, and uploads it to the internet, but I can no longer use the phone for tracking the GPS as it doesn't connect.

Has there been an update that might have caused this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RoboCop-UK , Thank you for your reply and sharing the steps you tried. 

Just to confirm. Do you start the activity on the tracker and need Connected GPS to track your map, or do you start the activity on the Fitbit app?

This will help me identify if there is an issue with Connected GPS or MobileRun ( option in the app where you can only select, run, hike and walk) .

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I start the activity on the tracker by selecting 'exercise/walk/ and the icon flashes as it use to only now it stops and says 'not found' and then says 'launch fitbit app'

Some time back I used to use the MobileRun feature for walking but I when wanted to select 'Bike' I found you couldn't and that is when the Community explained the new way was to start the tracking from the tracker not the phone.

Best Answer

@RoboCop-UK , Thank you for your reply and further information. 

Our team knows about an issue with Connected GPS and are working on a solution for it. I apologize for the inconvenience that this might have caused. 
We appreciate your patience until this gets solved. 

I'll update the thread, should I receive more information about this. 

In the meantime, make sure to have the latest Fitbit app installed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is happening with this  problem? 

RoboCopUK_0-1712489184914.png

You can see that it is still not tracking. This used to be a working feature why has it stopped?

It isn't my phone at fault so is it the tracker or the app.?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RoboCop-UK , Thank you for your reply and the screenshot. 

As already mentioned on my previous post our team knows about an issue with Connected GPS and are working on a solution for it. I apologize for the inconvenience that this might have caused. 
We appreciate your patience until this gets solved. 

I'll update the thread, should I receive more information about this. 

In the meantime, make sure to have the latest Fitbit app installed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes