Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa not responding on Versa 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alexa has been working fine, besides a couple little glitches, but now it does not respond at all? Keeps showing to ask Alexa something. Is it possible the microphone is not working? Is there anyway to test it other then with Alexa? Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Somehow I woke up and noticed a change in my app. I had to go all through the setup again, but now it is finally working. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

Hi @GB68, welcome to the community.

Have you tried restarting your Versa 2 by pressing and holding the left button for 10 seconds (until you see the fitbit logo), does Alexa respond now? If not I would then suggest opening the fitbit app - tapping your profile picture - tapping on the image of the Versa 2 - tap the Alexa tile. Now log out of Alexa from here and then try logging in again with your Amazon account. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
I tried both and still no response, Alexa comes up, reads ask away, then goes to the Try Asking Alexa screen, I don’t think the microphone is working, that’s why I was wondering if any other way to test it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Mine and my friend's Versa 2 are doing the same exact thing---Alexa not working.

Best Answer

I just purchased mine on the 20th of this month and I'm experiencing the same issue. I've tried all suggestions to no avail. It's frustrating to purchase an item with an advertised feature that hasn't been working at all. 

Best Answer
Fitbit replaced mine and the new one is working.
Best Answer

Somehow I woke up and noticed a change in my app. I had to go all through the setup again, but now it is finally working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you blow a puff of breath into the microphone, it will then work 

Best Answer

I've tried that and it still doesn't work. It will bring up the animation like it heard me, but it doesn't respond.

Best Answer

Okay Rufusnatr, I know that might work but seriously, is that an acceptable workaround for end user?  Who's going to do that each time they want to initialize the $##$$ microphone.  I just bought mine an hour ago, and am experiencing the same thing.  It works about 30% of the time.  This thing's going back.  Junk!

Best Answer

I tried this and it still isn’t working 😔🤦🏻‍:female_sign: Can someone please help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get Alexa to replace yours for free???

Best Answer
0 Votes

When the app updates I think it loses your amazon credentials.  Just login again (click profile then Versa 2 then the Alexa icon).  Annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine goes to Ask away. So I ask away and no response.

So then I take my finger and flick in the area of the microphone and she then starts with the little wavy lines above the Q. I then ask and she tells me my answer.

Sometimes she isn't connected so just hold the large button on the left until she reboots.

Hope this helps someone !

Oh and by the way I'm not responsible for any damage to your fitbit.

You shouldn't have to damage it to get it to work. just saying 🙂

Best Answer
thanks, got mine to work, most times anyway, by just ‘blowing’ into the mic, like opening the squelch on a comm system..and it then ‘hears me’. Annoying but works.
Best Answer
Well that sure is better than thumping the heck out of it. Besides my finger was getting sore. Ha!

RLee
Best Answer

It's a feature. Imagine the documentation reading "What joy you will feel when you have to lift your wrist to your mouth every time you want Alexa to work, blow in the microphone hole, and voila, it works!"  What a great user experience!

Uhhh, NOT!  I sent mine back until the engineers at FitBit can figure out how to design something that actually works. Huge piece of garbage with the way they implemented Alexa and the microphone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, the blowing and the flicking made mine work today for the first time since like March of this year. Can't believe that worked. This is really shoddy engineering -_-.

Best Answer

I also can no longer get Alexa to work. I've tried the above suggestion, but on my mobile app when I do click on my profile, there is no image of the Versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has not worked in several months no matter what is tried. 

Best Answer