Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sync Deezer playlist (Resolved)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I've really been enjoying playing music from Deezer on my Versa, but today it won't sync.  It stays at 0% and then times out.  It managed to fetch the playlist but the songs are greyed out and aren't on the Versa.  I've tried restarting both my phone and my Versa.  I've tried turning bluetooth off and back on.  I've tried reentering my WiFi password on the Versa.  Nothing.  Help?

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

I have the exact same problem and have done everything I possibly could do. My case has been elevated and I have called three days in a row to get support. I expect that it gets resolved otherwise I will be very unhappy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an IPhone and updated the OS, but that didn’t change anything. I think it has to do with Deezer and Fitbit. I am beyond frustrated. No running with music now! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine says that and then sometimes goes into syncing but only gets to 0% and then stops after a couple minutes at 0%, times out.

Best Answer

I've logged a support ticket with both Deezer and Fitbit - the more than log faults the quicker it will get looked at - please make sure you do!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same Problem!  So frustrated.  I have an Iphone X, so its not an Android problem.  Just started happening last week, synced a playlist with no problem on Saturday, July 20th. My fitbit died that day, had a replacement mailed to me, then wouldnt sync my playlists.  Got a second fitbit replacement and same problem.  This thread did not exist then so Fitbit thought it was just my new replacement fitbit having an issue.  Pretty ridiculous that this is happening.  I should have gotten an Apple Watch.  Cat Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been fighting with this issue for 4 days on my versa. I even tried using Pandora, still won't sink. I have android so I thought it was my phone... my husband who has an iPhone tried on his versa and his gave him the same issue... I'm stuck and about had it with fitbit.

I've spent hours messing with this each of the 4 days....

I've tried every suggestion.

Amelia Z.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ameliaprtr wrote:

I have been fighting with this issue for 4 days on my versa. I even tried using Pandora, still won't sink. I have android so I thought it was my phone... my husband who has an iPhone tried on his versa and his gave him the same issue... I'm stuck and about had it with fitbit.

Good to know it's the iPhone also -- that probably narrows it down to a Fitbit app problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ameliaprtr wrote:

Hi Amelia.. As many users posted before, this is not the issue with the phone, OS or the Versa itself. It's most likely the software update that they pushed some days ago which leaves the Versa only syncing the Playlist name and greying out the songs and not letting them dowload. All they need is to rollback the update and provide the last stable release, something people have already flooded the reviews in app store with but it seems like we have just came accross the worst customer support when it comes to fitness tracker brands 😡 😡 😡 

Best Answer

Ankit-Katyal,

Thanks for the update. At least I have peace of mind knowing it's not something I'm doing wrong. 

Nothing worse then getting super pumped to hear your new playlist on your run then as your heading for the door the playlist is greyed out and doesnt work... such a bummer especially since it didnt have an issue deleting my old playlist which left me with NOTHING!!!😩

Amelia Z.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So emailing Fitbit support isn't a help either.  They are now saying it's on Deezer's side.

"Upon review, we see here that your Versa was last synced on the 2nd of August at 4:37 PM. Knowing that your Versa's syncing capability is working as normal and seeing that the problem still persists after we've exhausted all possible troubleshoots, there's a possibility that the problem lies on Deezers' side. 

Do note that while Fitbit can provide support for integration with Deezers, we do not provide specific support for using or issues inside the aforementioned app. With this in mind, we advise that you contact Deezers with this inquiry for more assistance."

I'm going to ask why they think it's not the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update on my attempts to sync music with pandora. 

It finally worked. I now have music on my Fitbit through pandpora.... although I fought with it and did get errors I left it on my charger overnight to see what would happened and tah dah.....it worked.

Deezer still wont work.

Amelia Z.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Update on my attempts to sync music with Pandora. 

It finally worked. I now have music on my Fitbit through Pandora.... although I fought with it and did get errors I left it on my charger overnight to see what would happened and tah dah.....it worked.

Deezer still wont work.

Amelia Z.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been experiencing this problem for over 10 days now! Clearly there is an issue but neither FitBit nor Deezer is taking responsibility for the issue. I'm about to literally give up my Versa and purchase an Apple watch where I can stream music effortlessly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is only a few days old and I have tried EVERYTHING to get the music from Deezer to sync. I’m actually going to return mine and tell them I want a refund! It’s the reason why I got it! I’m FURIOUS. 

How do they think they can pass the blame and take no responsibility, especially when they are receiving so many complaints! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  Everything was fine a few weeks ago with my Deezer account and Fitbit Versa but now 1/2 my songs are "greyed out" and won't play.  So frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes
How does anyone from either Fitbit or Deezer not comment on any of
comments? Surely they are aware of the issue and unsatisfied customers?
What is the point of buying a product for the purpose of being able to
listen to music conveniently while you exercise?

The fact that Fitbit doesn’t have the option to integrate with Spotify and
forces people to buy a Deezer premium subscription in order to use and play
music is actually absurd. But then when there is a problem now and you
can’t make use of another streaming service (in South Africa) through
Fitbit is actually a joke. Please fix this Fitbit/Deezer or allow other
streaming companies like Spotify and Apple to help you guys.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done the same  😡😡😡 if this is going to keep happening I’m not going to pay for it after my free trial 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called again yesterday which makes for 5 calls this week total. They said they are working on it in a department above them. I am pretty sure it’s a Deezer-Fitbit problem. Adding my own music works (takes forever to put cds in my laptop and my cds are ancient), and Pandora I guess works (I have no interest in it). I pay for Deezer and it always worked until recently (like these other folks). I ran 5 miles without music today and it was great but why the heck did I get the watch to begin with?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I heard from Fitbit support asking me to do a factory reset on my Ionic which I've done and still didn't fix the problem so I've replied to them.   

I've also contacted Deezer support which I encourage everyone else to do using this link:  

https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

Also please comment on the Deezer community page here: - https://en.deezercommunity.com/other-devices-49/fitbit-ionic-playlist-doesn-t-show-all-songs-yes-my-...

Hopefully the more people highlight the problem the quicker it will get fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, I submitted the Deezer support request also.  It would be nice if one service or the other would publicly acknowledge that there's an issue and let their people know.  We're all spending hours trying to fix a problem that cannot be fixed on our end, I believe.

@RobIgoUK wrote:

I heard from Fitbit support asking me to do a factory reset on my Ionic which I've done and still didn't fix the problem so I've replied to them.   

I've also contacted Deezer support which I encourage everyone else to do using this link:  

https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

Also please comment on the Deezer community page here: - https://en.deezercommunity.com/other-devices-49/fitbit-ionic-playlist-doesn-t-show-all-songs-yes-my-...

Hopefully the more people highlight the problem the quicker it will get fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes