Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification about Versa 2 replacement options

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been dealing with Fitbit customer service for about a week. Many of the usual have you done or that run around. After several days of run around I received an offer to replace my Versa 2 or 50% off other Fitbits. Initially I was so excited, since I have cardio vascular disease I thought I’d purchase the Sense even though it’d be more costly at half off than what a Versa 2 is worth.

When I opened the 50% off offer NONE of the new versions were included! Why is the world would I purchase a Fitbit with less features than my Versa 2. False offer which truly was an offer to replace my dysfunctional Versa 2 that by the way us still under warranty! 
So in essence there was no offer other than replacing an item under warranty. 
I’d love to work with Fitbit customer service but seems to no avail.

Do be aware of heart rate problems with Versa 2. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

Hi @Irish57 

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Versa 2. I have flagged your post for a Moderator to jump in and help. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
Thank you, Fitbit will replace my Versa 2 that is under warranty but my
complaint is the treatment from customer service and the silly offer of 50%
off Fitbits except those that are under new release. Seemed to me a better
deal and less costly to Fitbit to allow me to purchase a Sense for 50%
off. In essence they gain more money.
Thank you so very much!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Irish57. It's good to see you here in the forums. @MarciM, thanks for the heads up!

@Irish57, thanks for the information provided and your interest in the Fitbit Sense. I understand your point of view about the replacement options received by our team and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Please let me explain that our team will evaluate your Fitbit device's options based on our warranty policy and the issues experienced. While I don't have access to your case details, I've contacted our Support team so they can provide you with more information about their resolution. Please keep an eye on your inbox and don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other question.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, I have accepted the Versa 2 replacement offer but am pursuing
the Sense which is far cheaper elsewhere and hope to give my husband the
replacement if it’s allowed. He does not have cardio vascular issues as I
do! I’m anticipating you will block that!
Thank you for your time and positive response!
Best Answer

Hi @Irish57. Welcome back to the forums.

You're welcome and thanks to you for the update. I'm glad that you decided on an option and I hope to see your husband as part of the family soon. Be sure that every feedback posted in the forums is always taken into consideration to enhance the Fitbit experience. In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Lizzie,
Thank for the positive response! As I delve deeper into purchasing a Sense
I wanted to make sure ALL the features are functional and are not an in
progress deal. Some folks are not happy others are super pleased. I’ve been
an advocate of Fitbits for several years and am excited about the features
on the Sense. Hoping they are reliable due to my health issues.
Let me know and thank you for your positive attitude!
Beth
Best Answer

@Irish57 The Warranty is non transferrable. Something to consider? What's the best price you've found for the Sense so far? Costco is $269.99 right now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am going with a store that is an authorized store. As much as I would
love to pay less they are not authorized. Looking at Kohls, Meijer or
Walmart but need answers as far as reliability!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Irish57 Costco is certainly authorized. I had no problems at all with warranty claims. The limited list they give you on here is likely companies who pay to be mentioned. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

From chat support.

Nethy: Here are some of our partners https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/partners/retailers . However, please note that not every store is listed in and if you are interested in buying through Sam's club or Costco, rest assured that they are authorized too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Irish57, I hope you're doing well. @MarkMM, it's always nice to see you around.

@Irish57, you're welcome and thanks for your loyalty towards Fitbit. I understand your concern and let me share that all the features are available on the Sense, however some of them will depend on your mobile device, such as quick replies; and your region, such as ECG app. You can find more details about the Sense, its features and how they work here.

In regards to the authorized retailers, I agree with @MarkMM that our page will show some of them as the list is way longer. You can always get in touch with our Support team if you want to confirm if a store is authorized. It's better to be sure of the place and that the warranty will be valid for your Fitbit device.

Hope to see you around more often!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzie, 

Me again, talked with customer service again today in regards to not receiving the replacement Versa 2! The gal was patient but it was very obvious that she was coached to not directly answer questions and refused to answer when Fitbit would decide to send a new watch if the other doesn’t arrive. The problem was placed upon USPS. Now we all know they are having issues since the pandemic and I get that. I have ordered parcels since Christmas and they’ve arrived on time. My Versa seems stuck in Indiana which is not acceptable.

I do still intend to purchase the Sense but Ohio is a COVID19 mess and I’m holding off a bit due to my medical issues.

FEB5AB06-0F84-492F-A6D3-5AD64BB99C94.png

BE8F05D1-5313-473F-A4EE-4957E48C064A.png

D5B40773-9B77-48A0-AA37-CD7719649F47.png

C47FD1B4-5CB5-41E4-B633-86A54A83F3CC.png

8700DF69-0C76-44F0-825C-38BD1FC73467.png

I’m attaching the conversation, it is by no means Phebe’s fault but totally again on the lack of concern and customer service on Fitbit. It does make one wonder if purchasing the Sense and continuing with Fitbit is wise!

can anyone offer help?

Best Answer

Lizzy sorry for misspelling of your name!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No Costco membership, so 278.00 at Kohl’s?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's only $10 more than Costco, so not bad. You'd likely be impressed with Costco and their return policy though.

Sam's Club does signup perks like sign up for $45 and get $45 credit.  But I don't see them offering the Sense at this time. 

Best Answer
Thank you for the info, so want the Sense but in due time! Be safe!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Irish57, It's good to see you again. @MarkMM, thanks for sharing your insights.

@Irish57, thanks for the screenshot provided, as well for your patience throughout this process. I totally understand your concern and I'm sorry for this experience. Based on your chat conversation, it seems USPS is the one in charge of your package and because your post didn't mention may I know if you've tried contacting USPS? If not, please try contacting them to see if they can provide you with more details about your order status. In case you've tried contacting them, let me know so I can forward your posts to our Support team on your behalf.

I look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did receive the Versa 2 and am appreciative. I didn’t know it was just
the watch face but I guess they stated that! I plan to pass that on to my
husband who has a finicky Versa! I’ll cover the color with a black outlined
protector! Bought my Sense today. Excited to try it but's been a long day!
Lizzy you’ve been great. I’ve posted questions on easiest way to work the
Sense, at 63 I’m not the most tech savvy gal!
Take care!
Best Answer

Hi @Irish57. I hope you're doing well.

That's great news! I'm glad you've received your replacement and congrats on your new Sense. I'm sure both your husband and you will love the experience with your watches. In regards to your Sense, you can always see the User Manual to now more its features and how they work. In case you have some spare time, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members to reach your goals.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes