Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Huawei P20 Pro

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I've read about compatibility issues with Huawei devices, including the P20.

However, I found this video in YouTube of a Versa being set up in a Huawei P20/ P20 Pro? 

Sine I'd like to get this combination, I was wondering if anyone knows of any problems or someone else that done this set up successfully.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEQYClAxFfE&list=WL&index=304&t=420s

Best Answer
0 Votes
71 REPLIES 71

Mine did but it also stopped working on my husbands iPhone 8 and Blaze so I think that was a Fitbit issue rather than our Versa's.

I ignored it and then it was fine after about half an hour and same for my husbands.

Hope yours has started to work again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

on mine it works sometimes after all that steps (notif off, Bluetooth off, log out app, reset both and al back) works for a while and nothing then

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks to me like this solution works. Huawei P20 lite and Alta HR. 
I have been trying to find a solution to allow apps to sent texts to the Alta HR and was just about to chuck it out the window when I came across this post. I had to read Jakes instructions a couple of time to get everything in place but now my Fitbit is chirping away quite nicely.

Thanks Jake

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the versa in August and it has been working fine with my huawei P20 Pro 2, no problem with the bluetooth connection or syncing at all. But then about 3 days ago, after my phone did an update automatically, it stopped syncing altogether.

I have tried everything mentioned here: restarting both the phone and versa multiple times, turning bluetooth on and off, unpaired all paired devices via bluetooth, disabling the bluetooth scanning function, logged out of fitbit app... nothing worked. I even tried using my other phone to see if it connects but it didn't work. (Thank you for all the information though, definitely way more helpful then the help page or whatever 'support' fitbit provides)

The problem seems to be that the phone was unable to detect versa as a device, but my phone is definitely working as it connects perfectly well with other devices, just not the versa.

I unpaired Versa from my fitbit app, tried restarting the whole set up... and it worked! I didn't lose any data either. so it nothing works, could give this a try!

Best Answer
0 Votes

With my I could never pair them once new. It was Found but not pairing. Tried many times. So. Had to add that to laptop first.Paired. And then versa was seen on phone app. Sometimes sync but no notifications most of the time (notify only after the steps)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fionachaochao I've had this problem a huge number of times since August when I got my versa.

It's honestly ridiculous, BUT, I find if you turn off your home WiFi it'll connect again, it does take a bit of patience but it will work.

I've no idea why home WiFi is a problem, but until Fitbit sort the incompatibility issue with Huawei, we're just gonna have to rally together and figure it out ourselves.

For a device that costs so much it's honestly ridiculous. One look at the versa forum and all you are of negative feedback. Lesser companies would have recalled the device or fixed it by now.

Best Answer

Try Always connected option on

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday removed versa and app and added again (finally it worked not only on pc) and just making sure notif are all on and 'always connect' option on and they working for many hours. Syncing constantly. Notifications with replies perfect. Let's hope it will last forever so try now guys

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a P20 Pro. I only used Versa for one day (i'm going to exchange it and try again!) but on the one day everything worked fine phone to tracker wise. It synced fine, it alerted for emails/facebook fine, it worked with the app fine, and I've been using the app with my Charge 2 since I got the Pro back in April and it's always been fine. I love my P20 Pro. I wouldn't have another phone now. I loved my Google Pixel, which was actually more buggy with syncing with the Charge 2 but the Pro is just 10 times the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would change my phone if not the fact that actually Ive got that about 2 weeks ago and signed contract for 2 years 😐anyway it's not only a problem with Huawei but lots of people having issues with Samsungs from fitbit compatibility devices list after updates. Seems like probably that fitbitS works good with old updates only now which is so disappointing and I assume that when they do not resolve the problem soon they will have lots of returns now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, this worked!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

"Go to your phone settings, and find the location services section. Press the 3 dots in the top right corner to access advanced settings.  In there you should find a check box for background Bluetooth scanning, disable it.  Restart your phone and setup your tracker as normal."

@Sunsetrunner

Location service is related to GPS. Nothing to do with Bluetooth.

I check my location service, no three dots there and nothing I can do to follow your suggestion

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to work for Fitbit thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brilliant! Worked first time after hours of trying various fixes to sync my Versa. Hopefully a more permanent solution will available from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have a p20 and cant get passed the "enter the number you see on your charge hr" screen Its been connecting for ages 😞 Ive tried the bluetooth trick and the manage manually... any other clues please 🙂 x

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Have you tried uninstalling the Fitbit app and reinstalling it? My problem was getting notifications, I solved that with the help off another member on here by managing how your battery controls your watch x

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

i certainly have i have just spent on hour with the chat facility with no joy 😞 it just wont connect once the number is in ... think ill just give up ive wasted 2 hours nearly lol 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to your battery settings then to apps and then to the Fitbit and see if it is set on manually or automatically if it's automatically change it to manually control. That helped me with mine xx

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ive done that too lol 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
When I first set mine up I did have to force stop Fitbit and try again xx

Best Answer
0 Votes