Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Huawei P20 Pro

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I've read about compatibility issues with Huawei devices, including the P20.

However, I found this video in YouTube of a Versa being set up in a Huawei P20/ P20 Pro? 

Sine I'd like to get this combination, I was wondering if anyone knows of any problems or someone else that done this set up successfully.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEQYClAxFfE&list=WL&index=304&t=420s

Best Answer
0 Votes
71 REPLIES 71

I have P20 Pro updated and had Versa for two weeks. Sync issues every day, only removing pairing helped resumed the connection. I returned the watch. I didn´t try the fitbit widget advice and the fixsync app, the rest advices I had set correctly and didn´t helped. For interest I had also Charge 3 for two weeks and same sync issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't know why you have the problems... Before I ordered, fitbit did say that the versa was 100% compatible with the Huawei P20 Pro... I ordered in February 2019 and it's working fine, takes a little time to sync but works fine
Best Answer

Good day.

i maybe have found the solution with the connection problem with Fitbits and huawei.

As i also have a Huawei P20 lite

Maybe try this.

Go to your settings and search for special access after clicking on it.

Look for notification access and click on it.

you will have need to already installed the fitbit app.

Click on the fitibt notification service tab and allow acces.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My P20 settled down after this thread and worked great with the versa.

Then I upgraded to the P30 🤦

Done all the steps in this thread and still not a single notification. Syncs beautifully and paired not a problem but zero on the test call or any notifications. Any idea?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. After months of wanting to throw my phone against a wall, I tried your solution and it works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Just had my P20 PRO Android updated yesterday to 9.1.0.328 (C432E5R1P9), a security update, and I can't get my fitbit ionic to sync after that. The problem seems to be the bluetooth connection not working anymore. Removing and reinstalling does not solve the failure. Re-pairing fails. An unusable bluetooth id is shown but does not connect/pair. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI. The issue here is that the Huawei skin that is overlaid on top the normal android platform is what affects the Bluetooth. It’s known to affect bluetooth connections in several devices. Not just FitBit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Battery optimisation is aggressive in hwauwei phones. Try this it worked for me. https://youtu.be/a91CDZh3LlQ

Best Answer
0 Votes

For what its worth, not sure if its a repeat but....

The phone does indeed optimize battery to the effect of battery life being amazing but apps suffer as a result by being killed off. you can change settings for apps to be ignored by this process within the battery / power settings on the phone, but the best thing i found so far is an app on the play store called "sync fix for fitbit" which installs as a service and keeps it alive. still have issues some days but its been better, 

might be helpful, i've got a Versa BTW.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I've been trying to link my Versa to my P20 and cannot seem to figure it out. I'm thinking from all the conversation it's not compatible. Then, some messages have found ways. I'd love to learn how you connected yours! I'm very new to the Fitbit watch. 

Thank you, Jenn

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. Sorry but I no longer use Fit it due to the issues connecting with
Huawei phones. I now use an Honour 5i which I think is much better and also
much cheaper.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

So i didn't did much to work.

A couple months ago stopped connecting to my huawei p20 pro and I contacted fitbit. They told me to "factory reset" my fitbit and it works since that... I found that every time my phone says that fitbit app is draining the battery if I clicked on it it would stop syncing. So I ignore the notification and it works fine. I don't find it draining that much the battery tho

Best Answer
0 Votes