Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condensation in Versa's sensor

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

This evening my Fitbit Versa (bought approx 7 months ago) began acting strangely (navigating to the Bike workout on its own, turning itself back on straight after pressing the left button to turn off the screen). After a few minutes of this, it began to show only the blue Fitbit logo, seemingly restarting over and over without ever loading the clock face.

After getting home and charging it for a while, the clock face would occasionally load in between these restarts. I reset the clockface to the default thinking it might be an issue with that, but the reset loop continued. After a while it no longer even showed the Fitbit logo, just coloured bars on the screen that would change between blue, green and brown on each reset (see screenshot linked below). I tried to follow the factory reset instructions on Google but the watch is non-responsive to any attempt to manually shut down or start the device, and doesn't vibrate at all in the manner described by the factory reset process. It continues to reset itself over and over.

Turning over the Versa, I found condensation on the sensor panel (see other screenshot linked below). I was walking for a few minutes in heavy rain today but never submerged the watch. I regularly swim in pools and occasionally lakes and have never had this happen before.

Has anybody had a similar experience and does anyone have any suggestions about how to fix this problem.

Screenshots

Moderator edit: Labels

Best Answer
142 REPLIES 142

I contacted Fitbit and they're sending me a replacement 😊 customer support was efficient!

Best Answer
0 Votes
For now any way. Trust me they won't be getting another dime outta me. This
is my third broken devise in two years. And since I had it 12.5 months they
didn't do ANYTHING
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, my Versa died today.  I took a 1 hour water aerobics class, did a little walking,  then felt it vibrate. It was too soon to think I might have reached my step goal,  so I took a look.....blank,  dead screen.  It won't charge, turn on, or respond on any way.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

this nearly exact thing happened to me. When I went to bed my battery life was 62%. When I awoke my Fitbit Versa was completely black. It would not turn on nor would restart by pushing left and bottom right button. When placed in the charger, it would not respond. I was finally able to get it to turn on randomly for 10 seconds but it would not respond to anything and shut off immediately. I have not been able to wake it since.  I do not notice any water damage. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see any condensation either.  I think it's life is over.  At this point I'm Done.  Done with this Versa and done with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Versa for about 3 months. This last week it suddenly stopped tracking my sleep so I went through all the suggestions for fixing that. Then I noticed my battery was low, decided maybe that was affecting things, and went to put it on the charger. As I was taking it off I noticed colored lines on the screen. Later when I went to check the charge status the screen was completely black. I tried the resets, all to no avail. My app shows that it did indeed fully charge but still a black screen. After removing the Versa from the charging port I discovered condensation in the sensors. I have never once worn it in any water, the most moisture it has seen is hand washing and I always undo the band to properly dry it along with my hands.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my 3rd Versa. I was set on buying an off brand smartwatch, but I remembered I had purchased insurance.  Square Trade insurance quickly replaced it.  I'm using it but I'm waiting for the next disappointment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I am experiencing this same problem. I just got mine for christmas, and have never swam it showered with mine on or anything. I charged it yesterday to 100%, and this afternoon I looked and it said 0%, and now can't get it to charge at all!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted customer support and I had a replacement the next week.
Best Answer

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem. screen has gone blank, tried to charge it and reset the settings but it still won't turn on. I also have condensation on the underneath side of the watch in the sensor. Really disappointed it's not working. 

Best Answer

Hello, this just happen to me as well. I had my fitbit versa charging for almost a full day but it wouldn't charge, just a black screen.  I tried the reset buttons but nothing worked.  Then I noticed the condensation behind the sensors which is wierd because I don't even really go swimming with it.  I put it in rice over night but it is still there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry so man people are having trouble with this product.  Fitbit is replacing most of them.  They replaced one for me.  I less than a year,  I had to have another replacement, this time through the insurance I bought when I purchased the Versa.  The replacement I received is a new Versa but it has never functioned to full capacity.   It working as a pedometer.  When this one goes out I buy something other than Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Fitbit Lite fir under one year I had to reset it a few weeks ago and it seemed to solve the problem. Today I wore it in a pool and after I took it off and I noticed condensation on the back. Now it’s dead. Any fixes?

Best Answer

I have the same issue, any updates on how to fix it?

Best Answer
No, I haven’t found any. Hoping to hear back from Fitbit. I miss not
wearing it.

Stay safe,
M
Best Answer

I have the same issue. Last night my versa was fine, although I had noticed that it has been disconnecting from my phone the last two days. I went out for a walk, granted it was 100 degrees, I sweated some, then notice the screen was black. Thought it was strange that the battery was dead, because I am pretty **ahem** about keeping it charged.

I charged it for 4 hours, still nothing. Tried a hard reset, nothing. Flipped it over and see the sensors are filled with condensation. Took a picture, so sad 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted a public picture of the condensation on my Versa

IMG_20200525_222411.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Surely FITBIT knows there is a problem with the VERSA. The least they could do is drop the price so the people who continue to purchase this item won't be out so much money.

Best Answer
Hi,
Mine never came back. I contacted Fitbit and they gave me 50% off a newer
model. My old Fitbit was under warranty but I’d contact them if I where
you.
Good luck,
Mary
Best Answer

thanks, I have an open case. Let's see what happens. I'll make sure to post in twitter the results because this seems like a defect in their product (that I love and enjoy)

Best Answer
0 Votes