Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Versa include SPO2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am curious if this device contains the SPO2 sensor that is hopefully going to add to the Fitbit abilities moving forward.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152

I bought this specifically because it listed the SPO2 feature. I am seriously upset that they would list a feature that you can't use!

https://www.fitbit.com/shop/versa

What’s included in special edition Versa:
  • Fitbit Versa
  • Woven wristbands (both small & large)
  • Classic black wristbands (both small & large)
  • Charging cable
  • NFC chip for Fitbit Pay
Sensors & Components
  • 3-axis accelerometer
  • 3-axis gyroscope
  • Optical heart rate monitor
  • Altimeter
  • Ambient light sensor
  • Vibration motor
  • WiFi antenna (802.11 b/g/n)
  • SpO2 sensor
  • NFC (in special editions)
Display
  • Touchscreen
  • Color LCD
Best Answer

This would be amazing for people with COPD and other breathing disorders.  These people have to be mindful of their blood oxygenation.  My wife saw a patient the other day in the ER that had no idea that she was suffocating, she just felt like crap.  Air was going in and out but oxygen transfer simply wasn't happening and she was going to die.  The sad thing is that lady's watch could have told her that information but the sensor isn't turned on yet.

Best Answer

When wil the spo2 work in versa , ??

GN
Best Answer

Yes, an update please

Best Answer
0 Votes

I must be missing something here. It said in the ad that Versa has the SpO2 sensor. Anyone got a idea how I find and turn it on? 

Best Answer

The sensor is there. The function has not been turned on yet. All you can do is wait until Fitbit has all their approvals etc organised and turn it on.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@minutebear Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! Thank you for your inquiry about the SpO2 sensor on the Versa. As @NellyG said the sensor is already installed on the Versa but it is being tested in an controlled environment (besides the approvals mentioned). When more information is available it will be released publicly to users.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Well that sucks, That's why I bought it. Will have to buy a different brand. Thanks for the info. 

Best Answer

I just purchased the  versa for the oxygen level feature how do I find it on the device it is the reason why I purchased this motto 

Best Answer

Wish I knew that the sensor is only a sensor and the SPo2 cannot be displayed,  Ruind Christmas morning. 

Best Answer

How do view my oxygen saturation levels on my fitbit versa? Is it on on-screen or will it be on th App on my phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can't. Fitbit won't enable the sensor because their lawyers are
destroying the company. This will be the last Fitbit device I buy. When
it's run its course I'll buy a Garmin or something with functional sensors
and an executive board that doesn't need to be fired
Best Answer

Can't view it.  The company sells watches advertising that the SPO2 sensor is installed.  They fail to mention that you can't use the sensor.  I have been told that the next firmware update might activate it.

Best Answer

I hope you're not holding your breath.

Best Answer

No, after dealing with their Customer Disservice Department I know that consumers are the farthest thing from a priority.  Honesty is the second farthest thing.

Best Answer

"I hope you're not holding your breath."

Bwhahaha

Best Answer

Screenshot_20190315-064747.jpg

Once It is triggered when I sleep it should therefore work after I wake up it continues to work about 10 minutes and then starts to light the green lamp. Most likely the information is only available for Fitbit but not for users. Otherwise I See no reason to work 

България
Best Answer
0 Votes

The day they roll out this feature will be the day I get Fitbit watches for all my family members.

FitbitSense, TeamFitbit, TeamPixel, Scientist, Gamer!
Best Answer
By the time they finally roll it out, someone else will have a non-medical
grade watch that will do it for cheaper, and I'll have already bought that
one.
Best Answer

Yes this is horrible ... and i even find it fraud. Telling customers its has SPO2 but but customer finds out its not working. Promissing “soon” so people will not return the watch and CASH.

also horrible support on this feature in updates / post on the forum. Despite numerous customer requests ... not a word on the WHEN its available.

Best Answer