Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is this now available on only some Charge 3 and Versas? 

Best Answer
648 REPLIES 648
We looked up the specs and saw that they included a spo2 sensor. No
mention that it didn't do anything.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well support said there would be an update in 2020 but there’s chat in the
community that it will be at the end of this month
Best Answer

Hello everyone!

As mentioned before, the red and infrared sensors on the back of your Fitbit device capture the data that you see on your estimated oxygen variation (EOV) graph. Although the sensors are components of a relative SpO2 sensor, the graph is not a relative SpO2 estimate.

Your EOV graph is located under sleep stages in the Fitbit app, or, if you’re a premium subscriber, it’s on the Restoration tab under your sleeping heart rate information. If you don’t see your EOV graph, note that:

-You must get sleep stages and wear one of the following Fitbit devices to get the EOV graph: Charge 3, Ionic, and devices in the Versa series. 

-Certain customers began seeing the graph in December 2019. The feature will be available to all customers sometime in 2020.

We hope this answers some questions. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit thank you very much for the update. I understand from your answer you can't give an estimate of the official release date. I hope the first wave will give enough data for a speedy rollout. 

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer

I read by the end of January 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m sorry but I got the charge 3 in December 2019 and set it up on the
iPhone and iPad now the red sensor on the back works because I see it
sometimes at night when I first wake up but there’s no graph in the sleep
stages on the Fitbit app....now I’m not a premium member but I should still
get the graph.
Best Answer

«The feature will be available to all customers sometime in 2020»

That's disappointing. But thanks for the Info.

Best Answer
So when will we finally get some actual SPO2 data? It's not practical, for
instance, to walk or run or sleep wearing a finger clip. The biggest
reason so many of us got our Fitbit's was to have data - real data, with or
without interpretation added, from the well advertised SPO2 sensors. Many
of us have waited one to 3 years for the ability to look at our watch and
see the number, and even with this mystery graph (whose purpose is quite
mysterious), we - if we're lucky enough to get it, are getting what we
bought the Fitbits for.

Reminder;

1. Enough data to, if added to our sleep charts, to suggest that we talk to
our doctors about apnea.
2. To see hour O2 levels hold up as we walk or run or do other exercise.
3. To spot indications that we should see our doctors about possible
respiratory problems.

We're not asking for Fitbit to give us an actual diagnosis, but to let us
see the data that our watches are capable of collecting.
Best Answer

Hi,

You're welcome. We're more than glad to help you regarding your Fitbit Versa 2 SpO2 (oxygen level) inquiry. 

We'd like to let you know that the estimated oxygen variation (EOV) graph is an estimate of the variability of the oxygen level in your blood. The data comes from the red and infrared sensors on the back of your Fitbit device. Variations in your EOV graph may indicate variations in your breathing during sleep.

Your EOV graph is located under sleep stages in the Fitbit app, or, if you’re a premium subscriber, it’s on the Restoration tab under your sleeping heart rate information. If you don’t see your EOV graph, note that:

• You must get sleep stages and wear one of the following Fitbit devices to get the EOV graph: Charge 3, Ionic, and devices in the Versa series.
  • Certain customers began seeing the graph in December 2019. The feature will be available to all customers sometime in 2020.

If there are any additional inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are at your service.

Sincerely,

Yicely.T and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer
What if anything does that chart tell you?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the Inspire HR,i dont see a red light sensor. All i see is the green light ( unless it is the Fitbit logo that does not light up)
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I read it’s coming to all by end of January 

Best Answer

Still dont have it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't hold your breath!
Best Answer
0 Votes

was working for several days, but now is entirely gone. what's up?

Best Answer

@Loripliett See best answer: "You must get sleep stages and wear one of the following Fitbit devices to get the EOV graph: Charge 3, Ionic, and devices in the Versa series."

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KJSS see best answer: "Certain customers began seeing the graph in December 2019. The feature will be available to all customers sometime in 2020." 

So it may take a while before you see it...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was getting the EOV graph just fine for a couple of weeks. It was clearly visible and useful. I am using an iPhone running current iOS.

On some mornings there seemed to be a delay. Everything but the EOV graph would render.

This included older older dates which had rendered fine on prior days. Then miraculously it would appear and work fine. 

Now it has ceased to appear entirely. 

BTW very clever using EOV, it was a great idea to use relative values.

Best Answer
I’m currently running on iPhone 11 with upto date software on iOS and just
updated Fitbits latest update now I use a charge 3 which I purchased in
dec2019 and never seen the graph but maybe later this year I will
Best Answer
0 Votes
If and when you do, what do you expect to learn from it?
Best Answer
0 Votes