Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is this now available on only some Charge 3 and Versas? 

Best Answer
648 REPLIES 648

I'd get laughed out of his office.  Even the docs who don't care about O2 issues have their aides carrying finger clips to get your SPO2 as part of the visit record.  They don't make treatment decisions based on it, just use it as an idea where things are and if your breathing, etc. needs attention.  Hmm, that's what we're looking for.  Like what happens to your O2 level if you take a walk or run.  Does it drop a little, or plummet like a rock?  Imagine I'm in an ER, sick, and they want to see how bad things are, so they take me off my supplemental O2 and have me take a walk with the finger clip.  They see how it changes and figure whether they should send me home or admit me.  Now let's go back a couple hours, I'm at home, not feeling well, but have, say, once or twice per minute O2 readings on my Fitbit.  Say I'm reading somewhat low, and when I walk around the house for a couple minutes it goes a lot lower.  Good time to call my doc, or maybe 911.  Now at home, I can usually find a finger clip, but I don't carry them while commuting - hence if the Fitbit can tell me I may have a serious problem, I can make an intelligent decision.  

Understand - I don't need perfect accuracy, just decent.  Might be nice to be able to calibrate it against a decent finger clip.  And the ability to graph 24 x 7 could give my lung doc a lot of good info.

Best Answer

Sorry you feel that way, I have several friends that are nurses and others that have shown these graph to their doctor. They all seem to understand exactly what the graph is yelling them. 

You are correct in that Fitbit isn't trying to replace the sensor on the finger tip. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is correct. The graph is only an indicator of the Oxygen level in your lungs when you sleep. Sudden high variations would mean shortness of breath or oxygen at that moment.  The SPO2 is a additional indicator 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is the Oxygen level in the blood, not the lungs. The lungs will have the same level as the surrounding air. 

It is giving an idea about how efecent  Efficient the lungs are working

Best Answer

how/where can I see this info in json format? for versa 2

Best Answer

@yiselmc let's look at the help doc

Best Answer

That's what I was looking for. The ability to download my EVO chart to show my doctor. At least a month at a time. In the meantime, I'm damaging my heart.

Best Answer
Assuming that it really means what we all think it means; hard to be sure
without the actual data. Yes, I'm skeptical, though odds are it's correct
that your SPO2 is lower than your 'norm'.

Assuming it is correct, consider the possible causes. Such as, could you
be stuffed up? And to what degree are you below normal O2 wise for you?
You can't tell that from the chart. You can only tell that with a pulse
oximeter since Fitbit won't let you know what your SPO2 reading actually
is. So you don't know that you are damaging anything. But you may be
driving yourself crazy with this. This mystery chart is based on YOUR
NORM, if I understand the technobabble correctly.

If you show this to your doctor, he or she may charge you for wasting
their time. Many have a low opinion of smartwatches. In this case
presenting a mystery reading to a scientist may not be very persuasive.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. That's what I was thinking but it's better than what my doctor suggested. He wanted me to have my husband watch me to see if I stop breathing during the night.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Obviously doc has apnea in mind, or something like it. Someone seeing or
hearing can be useful. I know there is or was an Android app that can
listen for loud snoring - that could help. As to these numbers - they
MIGHT be useful. And therein lies the problem. Until Fitbit resumes
giving the SPO2 numbers behind them and lets you calibrate against a known
SPO2 measuring device, it's hard to trust it. As I recall, for a very
short time they gave sleep SPO2, but now I'm not sure if I imagined that.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the help.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way I can reset everything without losing my prior EOV stats?

Just today it messed up and now the eov for all previous nights are the same as the one for last night. And the graph lines are really thick.

I updated fitbit & the app which didn't help..

Best Answer
0 Votes
Strangely enough my variants are the same fot last 4 nights which is impossible as I test my own oxygen stats myself though the lines are the same

C Hutton
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got my 'new and improved' variance which zig zags from low to high
all night long looking like a chart of an AC voltage source, no times
anymore, just 0 on the left, 100 on the right. I guess Fitbit decided that
the nonsense they were already giving us was too good for us and found a
way to make it useless. Though on the watch you can still see the supposed
overnight average.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This means the oxygen level in your body was sufficient enough for the body to not gasp for oxygen. This happens if the variance peaks over the upper line. Selva

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I just checked mine I hadn't noticed before less it only went that way when my fibit app updated on the left hand side of my chart is onli 3 numbers 80 90 100 nothing in between or at the bottom strange this is

C Hutton
Best Answer
0 Votes

Let me try this again.  I've never seen a fitbit O2 mystery chart before that looked like this one.  Normally, it spends part of the time green, some not.  I'm used to that.  This looked like an oscilloscope tracing of a 60 cycle current.  From what I can tell there was a recent update, and a lot of things seem weird since, but this stands out more than most.  Most of the time my breathing would have been fairly normal, though if I'm in bed long enough I can get congested, leading to a bit less air intake.  That's not what I saw on the chart.  My guess is that Fitbit introduced some sort of new bug to the O2 mystery chart.  I spent a good part of my career developing software, and even more of it testing software.  This smacks of a bug.

Not that we actually know what the chart really means.  For instance, a large variance could mean that your oxygenation is amazingly better than normal.  Or a lot worse.  I've never seen a clear connection between the overall night average (under the TODAY app on the watch) and the chart.  In fact, sometimes I'll show 8 hours of sleep, lots of that deep and / or REM, and the O2 reading on the watch says - wear your watch to bed.  Sometimes the phone app will say I got no sleep (even though I did) but the watch has an O2 reading.  

Best Answer
See I find my strange as I'm on oxygen 24 hours daily I also have a finger probe 2 check my spo2 levels normally in the morning my sats would be 89 yet my fitbit says 93 which is to high 4 me I honestly don't know what is going on

C Hutton
Best Answer
0 Votes