Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about Versa 2 - My experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Let me start by saying I have been a diehard Fitbit supporter for many years.  From using it to track long distance running, high intensity workouts, walks, yoga and tennis the watches have been my companion.  I started with the Fitbit Surge (now discontinued), and went through many (2 year warranty was helpful as they would wear out at about 1.5 years old).  I decided to upgrade to treat myself after a well run 1/2 marathon, so I bought an Ionic and it was about 1.3 months old when it died.  The warranty was only for one year and they offered me a 35% off discount on my next watch.  I got a Versa 2, and 1 year and 1 month old it stopped tracking my heart rate and the battery started to drain quickly.  Update issue?  I did the whole, change the watch face thing, and it worked for a month. Now the watch still doesn't show the pulse and drains quickly, yes yes yes I did the factory reset, put it in rice, tried the watch face trick, etc...  I even offered to send my watch back to be fixed and was told to just throw it out as they don't "fix" them.  These watches take batteries, lithium ion batteries that go into the ground. These are not inexpensive watches...  $179.  and the materials that go into the ground after they are no longer usable they should not be considered "disposable".  About 4 years ago in the USA they used to have a 2 year warranty but changed it to 1 year, and now I know why.  I don't want 35% off another $179. watch, I want a watch that can be fixed or replaced when it is clearly a malfunction of the watch, not something I have done.  I have contacted the Better Business Bureau of California to report this as I feel it is negligible business practice.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Done4, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with your Fitbit device, I understand your situation and how frustrating this matter can be for you. I'd like to let you know that we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, the feedback that's shared here in the Community Forums is always appreciated and really helpful for us to evaluate our procedures and make sure that we are delivering what our users want and need.

Since you already received assistance from our Customer Support team, I’d suggest you to contact them back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. Also, for a better understanding of the information they provided to you, please check our warranty policies here

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be around.

Best Answer
I don’t have questions, I would like a better answer. Why would such an expensive watch malfunction after only one year and two months of use? Why did you shorten the warranty period? Do you know how these batteries operate? Why won’t you fix my watch rather than ask me to pUrchase a new one? I already asked these questions and all I get is some ridiculous answer regarding the warranty period. Answer the questions I already asked please.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Disappointed and frustrated 

Best Answer

They don’t care - the customer sales team /  sorry support will just try and sell you something else for 35% off or whatever deal. That is the business model. They basically create some new landfill product every few months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So true!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes