Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.1 - Versa Firmware Release (32.32.10.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.32.10.15) I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 2.1.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update 05/11/2018: We have released Fitbit OS 2.1 to 100% of Versa users (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15).

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here.

I recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
842 REPLIES 842

@st3phan3y Does the screen randomly come on by itself when you just twist your wrist, or if there's some sort of, even minor, impact in the vicinity. Because you can also wake the screen by tapping it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. I have restored the versa 3 times to factory settings and the issue persisted. I am still not receiving the call notification during the call, only the missed call with options to message back, call back or clear. All other notifications are veing received, except for calls.

If this is something that can be fixed now, please let me know. If not, will they come out with another update fixing these issues?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Answer

I prefer it to come on only when the screen is tapped.  I've tested your "even minor impact" and I think you've nailed it.  I can bump the bottom of the band (no where near the screen) against my keyboard and the watch comes on.  Is it supposed to do that??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@st3phan3y I think it's not so much supposed to do that, as it's just hard to get things exactly perfect for everyone. It's supposed to come on when tapped. It's setup to sense the broadest range of what users might expect to count as tapped. You think it's too sensitive. Others might think it's not sensitive enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @AlessFitbit  I'm chomping at the bit waiting for that update. But if it's not here within the next couple of weeks, I am returning this Versa. I really don't want to but if it's not performing as expected, I can't justify keeping a $200 item that doesn't perform 100%. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops and turn this off and turn that on and do it every time before taking a walk or a run or a bike ride. Never had these issues with my Charge 2.

Best Answer

Can we get straight answers to two things:

1.  How dedicated is the Fitbit development team to solving everyone's notification issues, meaning how is this being prioritized as compared to other issues and feature enhancements.  This watch is unfortunately rather useless without consistent working notifications like the other major smartwatch platforms.

2.  Because the update exists and some users already have it, there has to be some way to download the latest update now rather than waiting for it to appear randomly.  How can we do that?

Thank you!

Best Answer

The update is being rolled out at the moment to only 10% of versa users. They will then release the update for all users by the end of the month.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit

Thank you! I didn't think to have my phone forget the Bluetooth Versa connection then re-pair them. It fixed all the connection and syncing issues. I'd tried everything else from triple checking for updates, to powering off and on both devices in different orders, to fiddling with any settings relating to connection on both. 

Now if only I could get the Versa to control track selection, pause/play, and volume controls on my Pixel 2 XL's Audible, Pandora, and Google Play Music apps, It'll do everything I got it for and I'll be completely happy. I read somewhere that the Pixel 2 was on the list of phones that didn't support that feature, but it was being added soon?

Best Answer

I am in the same boat.  I got one for my wife and was going to get one for myself, but theres been so many issues with sleep, syncing, and things just plain not working- that appear to be from rushed software, that we are returning it and will go with another brand

Best Answer

@st3phan3y wrote:

I prefer it to come on only when the screen is tapped.  I've tested your "even minor impact" and I think you've nailed it.  I can bump the bottom of the band (no where near the screen) against my keyboard and the watch comes on.  Is it supposed to do that??

Mine does it too. What I think happens is that the screen wakes when it loses your heart rate. I noticed this when I had enabled the setting to lock the versa, which it does when you take it off (no HR), and this wakes the screen to unlock. But while wearing it, I had to unlock it all the time, which means it thinks I take it off (no HR detected), so now I only lock the Fitbit pay.

HR detection is terrible since all my sleep tracking is very unreliable in comparison to MS Band 2. This will definitely go back to vendor if the update does not fix this issue with sleep tracking (HR monitor).

Best Answer
0 Votes

After a couple of returned Versa watches, my special edition has been working fine.  Not a chance in hell I'm touching this update until the inevitable bugs are worked out. Software updates are a mix of excitement and resentment.

Best Answer

Hi,

Do you know how the 10% of Fitbit useres that got the newest firmware were selected? I am patiently waiting but I want to send quick replies like YESTERDAY!

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, I feel like we are waiting a long time for this update. If I’m gonna be waiting this long or till the end of the month for this update it better be a way better version then they just rolled out to the 10%. Plus, if you are waiting for the women’s cycle app, it’s out for iOS and google user but not android yet. WTH? Why do some have it and others gotta wait? Geez. I’m getting so frustrated with Fitbit. I had high hopes for the Versa and now I’m getting battery issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will this update fix the sleep tracking that so many of us are having problems with?

Basic (disintegrated), Ultra, One, Surge (returned), Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge 2, iPhone 7 Plus, Macbook Pro, iPad Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the update the same day it was announced. Took me some time and effort to install it, at the end I had to leave it for whole night in a charger. I have noticed that battery life significantly increased, i took it from the charger on Friday 7am in the morning with 100%, the watch was all the time with bluetooth connected, and now it is Tuesday 3pm and it has 8%, Amazing! My husband has samsung gear sport, it definitely is much smarter than my versa but the battery life is less than 2 days!

Also I am able to use quick reply option, however noticed that sometimes Versa is a bit delayed with notifications , this did not happen before the update. But in total i am very happy with my watch! 

Best Answer

@guitarwoman I don't think so but I wished it did.

Also, when will the update be released to all of us? I'm still waiting for mine.

sarah, usa | versa, charge hr (retired)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@meresydotes @st3phan3y I completely understand the issue and am confirming with this release your customized stats should save. If this is not the case, please kindly report back to me and let me know. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your cooperation.

@Tats01 Thanks for providing additional info! Turns out receiving call notifications depends on your Android OS. If you are running Oreo (8.0), you will receive call notifications with the option to accept or decline calls. If you are on anything below that, you'll only be able to ignore phone calls. This also varies if you are using a Samsung device like yourself. For the time being, this is expected behavior, due to some Android OS limitations. If this changes, I'll let you know. 

@st3phan3y When the screen automatically turns on from wrist movement, we refer to this as screen wake. If you prefer to, the feature can be turned off. You can read more about how to navigate the screen with this article. Hope this helps!

@DaBurdNurd For music control, I would suggest giving these steps a try. 

@SunsetRunner @4degree @Ceepay2003 @Jayelo @sarah_lin8 I'm aware you're all eager to download the new Fitbit OS 2.1, however, I can assure you there is no way to force this update to your devices. As a slow rollout, this means we gradually release to a small percentage of users until we get to 100%. Once the update is available for you, it'll be visible inside the Fitbit app. Thanks so much for your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Still no answer about the problem wth sleep tracking.  This is an important feature for me.

Basic (disintegrated), Ultra, One, Surge (returned), Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge 2, iPhone 7 Plus, Macbook Pro, iPad Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My friend got her new versa yesterday, she woke up this morning with 69
steps. When is this gonna be rectified amongst other missing smart
functions...

Anna B.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, I have Screen Wake set to Manual and it still randomly comes on by itself.  I hope these are fixed in this update...”

So, I’ve already tried that...

Sent from my iPad

re: @st3phan3y When the screen automatically turns on from wrist movement, we refer to this as screen wake. If you prefer to, the feature can be turned off. You can read more about how to navigate the screen with this article. Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes