Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.0.2 - Firmware Release (68.9.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 10/30

Hi, Versa Smartwatches family,

We're happy to announce that Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15) has now gone out to 100% of all users. Please download it if you haven't already. 

We always recommend keeping your watch and the Fitbit app up to date on the latest versions to have the best experience. 

Fitbit Update: 10/9

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here

To update Versa Lite Edition, leave on all-day sync and let the Fitbit app run in the background on your phone. When the update is ready, you’ll see a notification in the Fitbit app.

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa or Versa Lite, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
677 REPLIES 677

Wow, @LizzyFitbit, really impressed with the personal reply! Thank you for taking the time to help and find solutions. 

Yes - I've tried all of the options listed in the help article. When the notifications stop, it's all notifications - WhatsApp, email, calls (the notifications that I've chosen to sync to my Fitbit); the Fitbit app doesn't see the device and won't connect.

I am using a Moto G7 Android version 9. Back in August/September when this started, I called Fitbit support and the excuse I got was that my phone wasn't on the "supported" list. I don't buy that answer and if that's the only thing that Fitbit can tell me, then I would ask for my money back. I said this to the customer support person I spoke with back then, she tried to get a supervisor on the phone but none was available. She said one would call me back...guess what? No one did. 

Thanks again for looking into this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely terrible! Ever since the update has been done on my phone my text, emails and FB messenger in coming messages are received the watch does not vibrate for any of them. All the messages come through on the watch. However the watch will not vibrate. I have tried restarting my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 8), restarting  the phone. I have tried this several times will on success. 

I have tried :

• In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > Notifications.
  • Turn off all notifications.
  • Restart your phone.
  • Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on, then sync your Fitbit device.

As suggested 5 days ago by  help.fitbit. com ›  articles › en_US › Help_article

NOTHING has helped or fixed the situation. Is there a reason this is happening? Is it an unplanned result of the upated? I have never had a problem like this until the update.
Is there a secret squirrel action I am missing? I am always hesitant to do these updates with anything. Fitbit, phone Etc. something like this always comes up.

Please advise a solution to this. It is very frustrating to spend this kind of money on a "smartwatch" that in nothing more than a digital watch that counts my steps and tells me how long I slept.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I had seen a number of other users saying their Versa will not stay connected to phone when using Music Controls, but I have not seen anyone from Fitbit address this issue. 

My Music Controls worked great before the update. Always auto connected when I started to play music and stay connected. I have a Moto g6 phone with Android 9. As I said before it worked GREAT before the update.

I have tried everything.  Removed Versa from the app and added as a new device, rebooted both phone and Versa,  I did a factory reset on the Versa (which then Music Controls worked again with old OS) and then I reinstalled new firmware which again Music Controls will not work.  Phone and Versa will pair and if I go right in away and start playing music I can use Music Controls, BUT after Versa stops pairing mode (in a minute or two) connection stops and Versa tells me I am not connected to the phone.  WHY....  I have a lot of music stored on my phone and I miss not being able to control it from my Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am just baffled.  I have had intermittent (more miss than hit) issues with the gps connecting for workouts - yes i have tried and done all the work arounds offered and have even found a few myself, but none have consistently solved the problem.  The same goes for notifications.  I have had all levels of notifications - all notifications working perfectly - about 4 or 5 months ago - to intermittently working with all kinds of workarounds to get them working again for a half a day to maybe evn two days, to only getting email and phone notifications to now getting NONE for over a month.  The watch has become an incredibly expensive step tracker.

My Versa band recently broke and the support I i received in getting that resolved was outstanding.  Constant communication from the fitbit team, fixing and reshipping the correct band after some miscommunication. It was some of the best post purchase service.  I was hoping for the same on this issue, but apparently it is not happening.  I really don't want an apple watch but the two year old apple watch 3 technology seems better than the new fitbit. 

My issue is I love the battery life of the versa and cant see having to charge nearly every day for the apple watch.  Is that what others are doing now. Are there really any attempts to come close to fixing the issues.  Each update seems 1 step forward and 2 back with the latest release going 3 steps back.

What I am baffled about is I saw a Fitbit ad during Monday night football!  Number one - how are they selling a product in the market place that doesn't actually do what is advertised.  Number two - that ad space is expensive.  Wouldn't it be better to spend a portion of that money to make the operating system work like it is supposed too (word of mouth good and bad are the most effective advertising). C'mon Man - as they say.  And please don't provide a jigsaw puzzle that must be completed evry day or every hour to make it work.

I am willing to wait if there is a solution on the horizon.  Like I said, I like the watch, the design, the size, the battery life, but.................. if doesn't work as advertised.

Best Answer

There is, at this moment, no Android phone with Android 9 (Pie) installed that works well with any Fitbit tracker or smartphone. I own an Apple iPhone 6, a General Mobile GM4 (Android 7.1.1) and a Samsung Galaxy A40 (Android 9). The iPhone and the GM4 works like a charm with a Charge 2, Charge 3 and a Versa 2. They do not work like they should do with the Galaxy A40. Syncing to the A40 is only possible in 50% of the time. Notifications between the Fitbit stuff and the A40 never works. I hope that Android 10 for the A40 will bring the necessary solution. I keep my fingers crossed.  

By the way, Fitbit knows about the problems with Android 9!!

Martin
Best Answer
I had the same issue and was told to reset my versa to factory settings and
I am now getting the vibration with my notifications.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Honestly I started tweeting Fitbit Saturday morning and was working with
them all weekend to resolve the issues. I tried everything they asked me
too, including given them my email so they could check the app settings as
there were issues on that side as well. After seeing the multiple resets
and tried attempts at updates they opened a case file for me and it's being
resolved. I would recommend trying to contact them directly.
Best Answer

You know, as soon as I typed my post above and hit send I received a single email notification.  Just one.  It happened to be from your post.  I had tried that in the past and it did not quite work.  Thought I would give it a last try again based on your post.  All are working including GPS locking in (at least under a quick test).  Thanks for re-enforcing another step to try.  Now comes the waiting to see if the connection holds and notifications continue to come in.

I did lose my watch face I had purchased (a weather one).  Downloaded it again.  I will have to log in to k-pay to get unlock it tomorrow I am sure.  The weather portion though is not syncing now so I will have to figure that one out.  If all else continues working and I have to get a different watch face, I can live with that.  I will give it some time to try and sync.  But hoping this is the end of the crazy cirlce on the versa for me.  I will post back later either way.  Thanks for the post

Best Answer

Thanks Leahbean.  I am giving my current fix a chance to settle.  If it acts up I will do just that

Best Answer
0 Votes

I barely get a full day on my versa after this update. I was regularly getting 4-5 days between charges before this. My settings and clock face haven't changed. What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I just checked, my Fitbit Versa version is 32.68.9.15.

Please confirm if it is the latest version or i need to update ? 

Regards,

Umar

Best Answer

Agree! I have the same issue with my Android phone! Since the last update Snapchat notifications won't come up on my Versa! Have triple checked all settings, done multiple resets/re-syncs & nothing. Help, please!!

Best Answer

So I took the moderators advice and factory reset my Versa and the update has pushed through - waaaay!

But I can't perform the update as it won't connect to WiFi - boooo!

I definitely set up WiFi during initial setup of Versa.

Is there a way around it? Or a way to get the update to happen without using WiFi?

Best Answer
0 Votes

umarriaz - that is the latest update on your watch.  Same as mine.

Best Answer
Thank you
Best Answer

OK, it has been 8 hours since I - with the help of others - finally got all working on the versa.  It all is still working this morning.  Now all the notifications are irritating (ha - kidding).  It is nice to have it back working.  Again, I will continue to post occassionally as time goes on regarding the stability.

The solution that worked for me?  None of the watch reboots, phone reboots, bluetooth on, blue tooth off, forget the device, reboot the app - and repeat all in varying sequences.  Nothing, Notta.  Didn't work.

I did a "Factory Reset" on the watch itself (under "settings" on the watch).  Then started over as if I had just purchased the watch.  The first thing it did was update the watch (using the fitbit app on the iphone(iphone 10) which took maybe 10 minutes.  That brought it up to the current version.  Then the app  went straight to the "setup" steps just like the watch was new.  Just make sure all notifications are turned on thru the app as well as the iPhone once the update is complete.  During that process it did the wifi setup as well.

I am not sure how their updates work but maybe  the updates were more like "patches" and each was compounding the problem??  But the clean reset and straight update to the latest version is working.

Good luck.  It is a nice concept and product.  Just iffy on the execution.

BTW - I had a full charge when I updated the watch (while not on the charger) and my battery level is 80%.  I saw a comment about battery in another post, so just wanted to post my experience.

Best Answer

Bluetooth but it will take longer

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

How do I get it to do it over Bluetooth? I am using the Win10 app to do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your watch connected to a smart phone?

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Not while I have it connected to the PC via the Win10 app

Best Answer
0 Votes