Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.0.2 - Firmware Release (68.9.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 10/30

Hi, Versa Smartwatches family,

We're happy to announce that Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15) has now gone out to 100% of all users. Please download it if you haven't already. 

We always recommend keeping your watch and the Fitbit app up to date on the latest versions to have the best experience. 

Fitbit Update: 10/9

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here

To update Versa Lite Edition, leave on all-day sync and let the Fitbit app run in the background on your phone. When the update is ready, you’ll see a notification in the Fitbit app.

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa or Versa Lite, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
677 REPLIES 677

I have a Samsung Note 8. After installing this update, my app and Versa will not communicate.  Bluetooth finds the phone and pairs.  App says device not found.  I have uninstalled app and reinstalled (more than once), unpaired and repaired with bluetooth and reset the Versa. I also unpaired all other bluetooth devices to check for conflicts. The only thing I have not done is removed the Versa from the app because it says I will lose all unsynced data, which is about a week's worth of data since it has not been working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pattic88 - I seem to have fixed my watch - with help from the forum for sure - with a complete factory reset done on the watch and start over as a new device in the app.  Yes you will lose unsynced exercise data for the week or what ever time frame.  There is a solution but it is a little bit of a pain.  

Open your fitbit app - I assume your app will look similar to my iPhone app - and on the dashboard page of the app tap the exercise tile (on mine it is the one that shows days of the week exercised). This takes you to your exercise summary page.  In the upper right of the page are a settings gear icon and a stopwatch icon.  Tap the stop watch icon.  On the next page select the "log" tab and pick your exercise.  Enter each day of exercise data and tap add after each.  

Once done one you are good to try any of the reset solutions.  I do recommend the factory reset.  It should help clear any residual bugs and will give a clean start with the watch.  Good luck

Best Answer

I did this.  Phone bluetooth still connects to Versa.  When I try to add the Versa device to the app, it says it searches, finds the Versa, then the app closes. 😞

Best Answer

umarriaz,

32.68.9.15 is the version mine updated to.

Best Answer

Hmmm  I don't know anything about androids but that sounds like the App is crashing and is a problem with the app.  Have you tried deleting the app from your phone and reinstalling. 

You should still be able to manually log your week of exercise into the app to make sure that is not lost before doing anymore trouble shooting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wrote all of my exercise, steps etc. down, thanks for that tip.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times already...but I will give it one more go!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for your issues.  It is a very frustrating experience for a product with such potential.  Mine is still working like it is supposed to and I hope it keeps going.  I am a little over 24 hours into the fix now so I might be stable.

Hopefully a tech support person will your post and respond or elevate it to a higher priority level.  Good luck.

Best Answer
They did! Thx!
Best Answer

Hi everyone! Thank you for your posts, comments and help provided!

Just another small reminder. To keep the Community in order, and for you to receive the best help possible, please remember that this thread is about the Firmware update and if someone is having difficulties installing it. For other issues, like notifications not received, or syncing issues please refer to the proper thread, there you;ll receive the attention needed and avoid confusing other users. 

@ezrothschild , thank you for your feedback and information. I passed it to our Support team, and they'll be reviewing the case, and will be contacting you soon , either via email or phone call. I also want to thank you for your patience and collaboration!

@27CJ27 , thank you  for your feedback. As stated before, please refer, follow  and post on the proper thread about the notifications. I found this one that might apply to your situation. Unable to sync with Samsung Galaxy Note 8

@PcAddict , thank you for your comments and feedback. I also found a thread for you :  Versa music controls not working .

I recommend you to post there so that yous situation can be addressed, with the best help possible. 

@CLTMTE, thank you for keeping us all updated. I'm glad that you could update your Versa! I also want to thank you for your support to other users, and for trying to help them !

@SunsetRunner , could you please provide us with the information about the device you are trying the update with? And what steps have you tried to update your Fitbit

@LeahBean , thanks for your insights and help provided! I'm glad that Support could help you further!

@CourtneyBea , thank you for coming back! I also found a thread that you could follow, so that you receive the best help from the Community! Versa battery draining fast

@umarriaz , as someone already confirmed you (I think it was CLTMTE or PcAddict)  yes you are on the latest firmware!

@nicjayne13 , thank you for participating in the Community! I'd like to suggest you to have a look at this thread or another similar! You'll find very useful help from the Community there! 

Versa won't receive notifications

@SunsetRunner @PattiC88 , are you trying too update a Versa, Versa 2 or Versa Lite? Please be aware that only the Vers Lite can and will be updated over Bluetooth! For the other Versa models, you'll need to connect them to a Wifi to get the update installed!

I'll leave you again the articles that contain a lot of tips : 

How do I update my Fitbit device?

Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

I'll be around if anyone need help!

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

I have a Versa Lite. I got the update in October and then my notifications stopped working and I can no longer swipe the screen at all. After restarting the watch several times, I was able to get the notifications to work, but I still can’t swipe anywhere. I can’t even do a factory reset because I can’t get the the settings feature on the watch. What can I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

had the update for my Fitbit Versa about 2 weeks ago. now I have this problem when using my workout in combination with music control (samsung tablet). Before the update this worked fine, I could do registrated workout + keep the music control. Now I have to repair every time (!) and after starting workout and going to the music control, it disconnects within a few minutes....I use this for my zumba class, so easy if I can controle the music...but it's not working like it used to after latest update. Can you please provide a fix for this??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Are there any plans to include Google Assistant on future releases to coincide with the takeover. Specifically on the Versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After updating my firmware today, I can no longer use the left hand button, so cannot change the screen from the new updates, Music, Wallet etc. I cannot factory reset as the left hand button is not working.  Please help!

Best Answer

Fitbit help desk is telling me that the firmware update was never tested for my model of phone and they wanted me to use a new phone... I have a Samsung Note 10+... Anyone else have issues with a Note 10+?

Best Answer
Sounds like a bad joke. It is a new phone, it runs Android 9 or 10, and
there should be nothing about it that would have a problem with Fitbit.
But hey - consider yourself extremely lucky, given how many Fitbit users
are screaming about this update. For me, the last update caused me
problems plus the Android app became harder for me to use. I won't touch
this one until I hear that it's been repaired.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know how you feel, I am still having the pop up for the upgrade, but too worried to upgrade until we are assured that all issues with 15 have been sorted.Perhaps they will give us the news that it’s fixed as a Christmas Present, although I would have more faith in Santa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update has completely stopped my watch from working, it wont shift off the add music device screen 😞 

Best Answer

Dont do it!

Best Answer
Xmas 2020?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Versa that was purchased almost a year ago. My phone is Samsung
Galaxy S8.
My firmware version is 32.68.9.15

After the update the notifications were coming through but not vibrating.
There was a "glow" line down the left side of the watch face and I was
unable to more the alarm hour numbers.
I tried several things, but after I took my Versa back to factory reset the
notifications started working again, however the other 2 problems still
occur.
Best Answer
0 Votes