Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa Screen fell out of Frame

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I live in Australia, Sydney (the relevancy of this will come later), I bought a Fitbit Versa last year (May if I recall if I correctly) so as of this moment my device is almost a year old give or take a couple of months.

I wear it every day cause its my watch and I use step counter. Also despite the swim distance log it apparently has I don't get it wet when I can avoid it.

Today, I glance down at my Fitbit to find the screen (so the bit which displays all the data) has effectively come off and is hanging by the cable just out of where it sits in the rose gold frame.

I was naturally quite shocked as I wasn't doing anything that would warrant or could accidently cause a break at that instant. I was only sorting out clothes, so all I potentially did was brush against some cloth and it came loose.

I have slipped and banged it against things before (cause I use it while exercising and accidents happen), but nothing at the least in the last 24-48 hours from what I recall.

So, my question is why has it come loose?

Could it be the heatwave that we are currently experiencing in Sydney (30-40 degrees Celsius or more some days, with sometimes 90% or more humidity)?

As I currently don't live in a residence with air conditioning and technically this is the first summer I have owned this device.

On a brighter note it still works thankfully, and I currently have some tape wrapped around it hoping the glue or whatever was holding it re-sets and all is well again.

If it doesn't fix itself in this manner, how would I go about fixing this it?

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92
That’s good news for you but they refused to replace mine. Can’t bring myself to buy another. 😳
My best, Anthea
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Meg2410 

If you bought it in May last year, then it is still in warranty under Australian consumer law and the Retailer must either replace or refund it.

who did you buy it through?  I got my wife’s through JB HiFi and they replaced it 5 times before we ultimately swapped it for a Charge 3 special edition and only had to pay approx. $30 difference.

I doubt that Fitbit Customer Service will be much help as not to many people who have posted seemed to have much success.

cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately I am in the USA and you are right customer service was NO help at all.

Thanks for reaching out.

My best, Anthea
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@agb2019 

Sorry I couldn’t help

cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • This happened to me today as well. Is this covered under warranty? Mine is maybe 9 months old. 
Best Answer

@MamaEmsWorld ,

If you Fitbitisonl9 or 10 months old then you are covered by warranty.

Contact customer service and make sure that you have some photos ready to show them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has lifted at the side and is working but not properley . I have had approx 14 months worn it everyday to work and I work in an office so it isnt getting bashed around not a mark on it looks new and im working with support now but I dont want a discount and purchase another one I expected for the money it cost to last a lot longer than this hoping for a replacement .

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
Yes it should be. Mine wasn’t.

My best, Anthea
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mumbo58 ,

While I think you should get a refund or replacement, but based upon experience, I think that the most they will offer is a discount on a new one as you are out of warranty 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

This recently happened to me also. One minute it was fine the next minute my Versa Face was hanging off. The screen went blank on mine and appeared to stop working this was about 7 days ago. The battery finally died and the face showing no battery appeared today. Im currently charging to see if it will work again. I've felt naked and lost without it. I reported it to customer service that was no help they said I need to buy a new watch... this is the 2nd Versa I've had and the 2nd issue, so I'm not likely going to spend any more money on this, which is a shame because I love this watch. 

Best Answer

@SeattleTina20 ,

I am guessing that you are out of warranty with Fitbit, because to be honest they have provided no real support for this issue from the beginning, even on one occasion claiming that this was an unknown issue.

Unless you have some other warranty claim then your options are limited to buying another tracker  or perusing customer support in the hope that they will give you a discount on a new Fitbit, which they have one on some occasions.

All the best wither way.

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Hon I can see you are in America which means you will get no help at all . Here in Australia consumer protection made them honour their warranty and extend it to two years so my watch fell into that category at 13 months owned . I had to jump a few hoops with Fitbit support but I did persist and they finally sent me a new Fitbit Versa 2 and the Versa model is outdated now . I actually believe it was a bigger fault than they want people to know all the watches are made in china and they just were faulty .

Personally I love mine but I wouldnt purchase from them again id find something else .

Have a nice day

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@Mumbo58 ,

Just curious as to how your Versa 2 going, any issues with the newer model?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Cartref,

yes sadly I am out of the warranty. Which makes me more upset. This was my second Versa, the first the screen died and out of no where just shows lines of colored lines. They sent this replacement which was fine but 6 months later the face pops off for no reason. The customer service help was a joke.... they literally sad it looks out of warranty you have to buy another watch... 

Thanks for reaching out with suggestions.

Best Answer

@Mumbo58  Thanks for the advice. I did love the watch but I will not spend anymore money with Fitbit, especially based on the reply from customer service from this issue. We shouldn’t have to jump through hoops for them to stand behind there products warranty or not.

Best Answer

had it a matter of maybe 4 weeks so only time will tell I suppose but I like it better than the versa its a little different. Fingers crossed but made in china MMMMMMM

Best Answer
Lol, yes quality of some Chinese manufactured goods can be problematic.

Thanks for the info though

Cheers

David
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Did the Jewelry adhesive work to repair your face on your fitbit versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @swill41005 ,

The glue works to secure the face back to the base however you loose alot of the functionality of the watch. You can only tell time, track heart rate, steps, and sleep. If there were re- occuring alarms set on the watch before it broke they will continue to alarm but you cannot change or remove them. 

Best Answer
Thank you for the infoSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes