Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa Screen fell out of Frame

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I live in Australia, Sydney (the relevancy of this will come later), I bought a Fitbit Versa last year (May if I recall if I correctly) so as of this moment my device is almost a year old give or take a couple of months.

I wear it every day cause its my watch and I use step counter. Also despite the swim distance log it apparently has I don't get it wet when I can avoid it.

Today, I glance down at my Fitbit to find the screen (so the bit which displays all the data) has effectively come off and is hanging by the cable just out of where it sits in the rose gold frame.

I was naturally quite shocked as I wasn't doing anything that would warrant or could accidently cause a break at that instant. I was only sorting out clothes, so all I potentially did was brush against some cloth and it came loose.

I have slipped and banged it against things before (cause I use it while exercising and accidents happen), but nothing at the least in the last 24-48 hours from what I recall.

So, my question is why has it come loose?

Could it be the heatwave that we are currently experiencing in Sydney (30-40 degrees Celsius or more some days, with sometimes 90% or more humidity)?

As I currently don't live in a residence with air conditioning and technically this is the first summer I have owned this device.

On a brighter note it still works thankfully, and I currently have some tape wrapped around it hoping the glue or whatever was holding it re-sets and all is well again.

If it doesn't fix itself in this manner, how would I go about fixing this it?

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92
For me just plain old clear silicone like they use for sealing shower doors
and sometimes as caulk worked for me. Just the pressure to keep the face
flat to the watch while it set was the trick.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
Call them. They replaced mine
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did call and did speak to customer service several times and was eventually offered a discount if I purchased directly from Fitbit. However if I buy through Fitbit there is no extended warranty. So I have to look to purchasing through an electronics store that offers warranty plans.

Best Answer

This is my second time having this issues and 3 issues all together with my fitbit.  Which were all replaced under warranty with no hassle. However, my warranty is now up and I am not being sent a replacement. Only a discount towards a new device. Although I have really enjoyed my fitbit. Having several issues from ranging from water damage and the face detaching from the frame twice. I am beyond reluctant to invest in this product again!!!! Eventhough this product is "waterproof" after the first issue. I never got it wet because I figured there's no way this is true. Again I'm really reluctant to purchase again !!! Weighing the Pros & Cons

Best Answer

I just had my screen pop off during a casual taxi ride on my Versa 2. The funny part is, it popped off a watch I have received as a replacement for my previous Versa 2, which screen... popped off 😉

It's obviously a reoccuring design flaw. I'm trying to contact the support for some help here. 3rd replacement? 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

@iobotic ,

Good luck with the help request, my wife went through 5 or 6 Versa replacements before we changed to a Charge 4.

All of those replacements were done through the store that we bought it from.

Fitbit wasn’t much help and never responded to any of the posts that we raised.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Meg2410 ,

My wife went through 5 or 6 Versa’s and while it’s too late now, you can get it replaced under the Australian warranty rules.

my wife did through JB Hi Fi until we finally opted not to take a new Versa but swapped to a Charge 4

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MillicentOwens ,

I hope that you got a resolution to your situation.

Fitbit was pretty useless for my wife

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a new Versa 2 from a price matching third party vendor with the
35% discount they offered in-hand so that I could also purchase a three
year warranty. You cannot purchase a warranty from Fitbit at all.
Functionality is good but the product build quality is so very poor.

---------------------------------

Build quality is so poor. You would think that Fitbit would learn. Maybe
Google will change the culture. Hope.

Best Answer

@DanielMichael,

Yes unfortunately, the product quality has fallen off a lot in recent years.  I am just lucky in Australia, that our consumer laws are strong and the retailer has the first obligation to replace faulty goods

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Luck. I was told there is no warranty on replacements, when the same thing happened to me. I glued it once but it fell off again. It’s taped together right now. I might be going with an I product next time.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChattyPatty1 Perhaps you misunderstood? You don't get a fresh new year or two warranty with a replacement, but your original warranty goes by Date, regardless of how many replacements you get. And if you happen to get a replacement at the end of your original warranty, you get a 90 day warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mark, I believe that she did indeed get it because she states that she was told that there was no additional warranty on a replacement device

Best Answer

@Cartref Where does she say "additional" anywhere? She doesn't. She says there is no warranty on replacements. Who told her that? Not Fitbit unless there's a misunderstanding. Your original warranty continues or you get 90 days. Whichever is longer. What company starts your warranty over with a warranty replacement? None that I l know of. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
To respond to your post.  I had NO additional wear, unless wearing it every day,  as it's intended use implies you should, means excessive. Am I suppose to wear it only a few days a week?I was told by Fitbit customer service that there was NO warranty on replacements.  There was NO misunderstanding. This was upsetting,  especially when it was a to replace my original, that was less than a year old, because of the same reason.  And, they do not offer repairs.  The only thing I got was an offer to direct me to purchase a new device. A 90 warranty on a new product is rediculous unless you don't care about quality construction and want to cover yourself and screw your customers.  Then have the audacity to charge so much for something they are essentially betting on it lasting less than 6 months.I will NOT be purchasing another fit bit product.   If they offered better a warranty and better customer service, I might consider it, but they don't. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChattyPatty1 It's not a new purchase though. What company gives you a new warranty on a replacement? I got a replacement for a replacement. 3 Versa's within my warranty period. So replacements are clearly still covered. Who said anything about wear? Surly you should be able to wear it all the time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My original,  purchased new, device was still under warranty.   I was told, under no uncertain terms,  that there was NO WARRANTY for the replacement. My original warranty was null and void once I received the replacement device.  

I don't know what any of you experienced, but that was mine.  I don't understand why no one understands that.

Best Answer

@ChattyPatty1 If that's the case, I'd take it higher. You could probably go to chat right now and they'd confirm your warranty is not void after receiving a replacement. There are even other threads where people mention receiving multiple replacements with the screen falling out. Only reason I could think of that you were told that, was they felt you weren't really entitled to a replacement and they were doing you a favor. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Doing me a favor???  For placing a defective product under warranty???  It's incredible insulting for you to suggest that.  Like i said, i don't know what anyone else's experience was, but that was mine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChattyPatty1 Some have gotten a replacement for cracked screens, which isn't supposed to be covered. Wouldn't be surprised if that replacement was considered final. It's odd that you were told YOU were done. As that's not normally how the warranty works. There must be a reason, or I'd try again. Have also seen varying support first hand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes