Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer Music to my Versa?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I transfer Music to my Fitbit? I watched a video on YouTube which makes it look easy except for the part I am suppose to click on the tiny watch icon in the upper right corner of my dashboard. I don't have that small watch icon so now what?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
100 REPLIES 100

I am a bit confused, I installed the Fitbit desktop app onto my laptop and the dashboard reads my Versa ok but when I go to WiFi setup to try to set it up to download music, it says 'Bluetooth is off'.Now I don't think that my laptop has Bluetooth fitted, so how does it update the dashboard from my Versa? Does this mean that I need to have Bluetooth AND WiFi in order to download music to my Versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found that my laptop does have Bluetooth but if I enable it, the laptop looses its Internet connection and the Fitbit app just sits there unable to find any Wifi networks, any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Windows 10 App from the Microsoft App Store does not work... well. Throws up the wait for connection and/or wait for music refreshing, most of the time.

Instead use the FitBit Connect for the PC. It will guide you back to the buggy Win10 App; just close it. Be sure that your Versa has the wifi configured, more than 25% (and charging), and that your computer has bluetooth and wifi on the same network. You will find the system tray icon in the lower right and a right click with the mouse will show a 'manage my music'. Login. On your Versa "transfer music" in the Music app on the watch. When ready then create a playlist and fill it with your music files (drag and drop from folders and files).

Once you have the list filled; sync it by the checking the circle on the right of the playlist. This part is working for awhile and fails. Keep enabling "transfer music" and checking the circle, till it completes.

Painful... Wish it was polished with better software/app, sync/connection, and player integration... but it does work.

Sure I am missing steps here and there, I am sure you will figure it out.

¡BBB!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bengunn42 wrote:

I am a bit confused, I installed the Fitbit desktop app onto my laptop and the dashboard reads my Versa ok but when I go to WiFi setup to try to set it up to download music, it says 'Bluetooth is off'.Now I don't think that my laptop has Bluetooth fitted, so how does it update the dashboard from my Versa? Does this mean that I need to have Bluetooth AND WiFi in order to download music to my Versa?

Yes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks, does the laptop have to be paired with the Bluetooth on the
laptop?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bengunn42 wrote:
Many thanks, does the laptop have to be paired with the Bluetooth on the
laptop?

My experience is no. 

BBB

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for that.

Richard
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there!  Thanks for the information.  Do you know if this will work with a Chromebook?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, I use a Mac.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you want transfer DRM protected Apple Music to other players, you need remove DRM protection from Apple Music with Eelphone Apple Music Converter, and if you want enjoy Spotify music in other player, you should also remove DRM protection from Spotify music with Eelphone Spotify Music Downloader.

Convert DRM protected music to other format like MP3/M4A/M4B/AAC/WAV/FLAC.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You download from the web and then you find it in your applications. Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your help, it worked!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do I need a Bluetooth dongle to do this? I'm getting really fed up with my versa 2 as I can't pair it with anything and can't transfer music from my pc. I'm hoping that if I get a Bluetooth dongle this will solve one problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am an Android user. I am wanting to purchase a laptop and I want to make sure I can download "my" music to my fitbit. There are deaktops, laptops, and tablets. Apple, windows, chrome. I am ignorant to what "you have to use your computer" means. Do you know of cheapest "computer" option that will work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

did you mean turn bluetooth OFF? every help forum i'm finding on Google is saying turn bluetooth off on phone and computer.  But i'm still having NO luck getting my iTunes playlist from W10 PC to Versa 2 app.  Sites mention, "click on Manage my Music" in app.  I never see that screen.

Best Answer

This process is aweful, time consiming and cumbersome. It didnt used to be this way. Fitbit WHAT HEPPENED! I have been a loyal customer of your for 5 years im ready to get a GARMIN!

Best Answer

Any one of those will do, I using an older Window, if that help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dude, I ran into a similar problem recently. I usually use Versa when doing sports in the gym and it is so convenient for me. But, God, how difficult it is to deal with downloading music to Versa. On one of the forums, I read that it is easier to download music on a PC first and then upload it to Versa. And I decided to try it. During the day, I often watch YouTube, and sometimes I come across great songs. I immediately add them to bookmarks so that I can somehow download them to my playlist. But I didn't know where to download them. Then a friend of mine advised using a youtube downloader online. This became my salvation. Finally, I figured out how to download the music I like. Then I calmly upload it to Versa and enjoy my favorite songs.

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer

And you're able to play your music ON your Versa? I have Versa 2 and it seems i can only set it up to play music on my nearby iPhone, which obviously is ridiculous, because if I have to have my iPhone nearby, I might as well just play/listen on my iPhone. I would LOVE to be able to have music coming out of my Versa without an assist from iPhone. Is that a thing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your detailed advice. It is much appreciated!
Best Answer
0 Votes