Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Versa 2 compatible with the Galaxy S20 phone?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having issues syncing my Versa 2 with my new Samsung Galaxy S20. Does anyone know if it will be added to the list of compatible devices. The S20 phones just came out this week. Thank you.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
88 REPLIES 88

I wonder why it's device specific, and not tied to the OS version.  The s20's are launching with Android 10, which would work on other device/fitbit combos.

Surprising that fitbit is now owned by Google that they're not getting out ahead of this.  Frustrating that they don't make this a priority.

Best Answer

I got my s20 yesterday and mine won't sync either. I'm glad that I'm not the only one.  

Best Answer

Just got my S20 yesterday and am having the same issue. Not fibit related, but I can't even download the chewy app for the pet supplies. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  I got the new Samsung Galaxy S20+ on Saturday and my Fitbit Versa won't sync up.  I've tried numerous times, reset the fitbit and restarted the phone and it still doesn't help.  I agree, it's very frustrating.

Best Answer

This may or may not help but my Versa2 on an S20+ didn't appear to sync.  And it didn't show up on Bluetooth devices.  But it is syncing.  Not manually but automatically.  it did connect to the S20's GPS but it doesn't show up as a bluetooth device.  Only have this BT issue with the Fitbit.  Another BT issue.

Best Answer

I do hope the s20 is added to the compatible list asap. I feel like I'm being cheated!

Best Answer

I can't get my fit bit to sync with my Samsung S20 either, very frustrating.

Best Answer

Hello,

Did I miss an acknowledgement from anyone at Fitbit?

I have a Flex 2 that is not even working PERIOD.  Just died and won't charge.

I reverted and trying to sync a ZIP and it sees it as a device but won't pair.

I was just about to order a new Flex 2 and see this.  So not sure it's worth the expense right now, but need to do something.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The versa 2 isn't even fully compatible with the S10. Seems like Fitbit isn't in any rush to make sure android devices work with their products if they are already this behind. 

Best Answer
Yep. I just had to enable Google Fit and will have to carry my phone
around until Fitbit gets their act together. Glad I didn't waste money on
a new item and don't know if I will at this point. I may just get used to
the Google app.
Ohh and I can't even get my ZIP to sync to my S7 at this point.
Best Answer

Finally got the sync issues sorted with my Samsung  S20. If any of you are still having issues uninstall the fitbit app and reinstall it. There with then be a note about how to get your fitbit to sync.

Best Answer

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but I didn't get a note on how to sync my fitbit. Still can't get it to sync. 

Best Answer

There were 2 things I had to do. It's taken a while to remember them but here goes. 

You need to go to settings and turn off optimise battery usage for fitbit.

Screenshot_20200319-144204_Settings.jpg

 click on the dots and choose special access to do this.

Then got to fitbit in apps and do the following.

Screenshot_20200319-143157_Settings.jpg

 click on the 'battery' word to do this. Then you see the following 

Screenshot_20200319-143206_Settings.jpg

 you need to allow background usage aswell for it to sync

Best Answer

you cant do both, you can either turn off optimise battery usage, but if u turn this off it disables the use of allowing background activity 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You definitely need to allow background activity. Just try that and see if that helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

its already on automatically, just cant get it to sync, if tried everything Including what you've stated above and tried it the other way round too and still nothing, but it still syncs on my Samsung galaxy s8 which is much older than the s20, I have to use both phones just to use my watch

Best Answer
Already decided to ditch the fitbit. No more money from me.
Best Answer

You'd think fitbit would make it much clearer on how to sync. Such a pain to have to keep your old phone

Best Answer

I didn't see the note either. My did eventually partially sync, but now my time is 6 minutes slower and I can't see how many steps that I've gone on the app. I'm looking for my original Versa to see if that's any better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes