Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Versa 2 compatible with the Galaxy S20 phone?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having issues syncing my Versa 2 with my new Samsung Galaxy S20. Does anyone know if it will be added to the list of compatible devices. The S20 phones just came out this week. Thank you.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
88 REPLIES 88

It works just fine on my S8 as well. But as someone said above, it's no fun having to use my old phone to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked great with my S8+, but my S20. You'd think it wouldn't be a problem since Google owns Android and fitbit, but apparently there is. I just hope they fix it soon.  

Best Answer

My Versa Lite will not link up to deliver my messages and phone call notifications since switching to Galaxy S20+

Best Answer

Hi so you have the new S20 and you have found a way to connect to the versa 2, could you please tell me exactly how you did this please as I’m getting the new S20 and would like it to sync with my versa 2, thankyou 

Best Answer

My Versa 2 is connected and syncing, but none of my notifications are coming through to my watch.

Best Answer

I got my S20+ yesterday and can't get my Versa 2 to connect at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Uninstaller and re-installed the app.  Then I restarted both my phone and my versa.  And it magically worked.  

Best Answer
I have no clue even still as to how I am to connect my Versa Lite. I think
Fitbit needs to do an upgrade in their software.
Best Answer

Its took me 3 days to sync my versa 2 to my s20. I've done a hard reset of my fitbit, uninstall everything I could think of and followed all suggestions on her. But today I updated my s20 and its finally synced. 

Best Answer

I was experiencing the same problem. Fortunately, the Versa Lite did connect to the Samsung S20+ 5G. I set it up as if it where a new Versa Lite and replaced the "old" and now it connects/syncs automatically with all stats. 

Best Answer

Thank you Battle Roper!! I was able to successfully sync my Versa Lite and Samsung Galaxy S20 5G doing it this way!!!

Best Answer
Spoiler
Mine is already like that.  It syncs for a few days and then doesn't. Right now it has stopped again. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

following as I just got the 20 yesterday and can't sync either. Super sad as I just got the fitbit for Christmas too.

Best Answer

Go to Battle Roper's post (scroll up a little). Try Uninstalling the Fitbit from the app, and install it as if its your first time. It will sync. 

Best Answer
I had to fight it..but finally got it to sync. It took multiple
attempts..uninstall device from Fitbit app...restart Fitbit device...reload
device to app. Good luck
Best Answer

mine was the same. but eventually it worked.. even now its on and off with syncing 

Best Answer

Reloaded the app.  FitBit will still not sync with S20.  Fitbit????

Best Answer

Delete the Fitbit you have from the fitbit app. Uninstall and reinstall the app. Add your fitbit as a "brand new fitbit". It will sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Delete the Fitbit you have from the fitbit app. Uninstall and reinstall the app. Add your fitbit as a "brand new fitbit". It will sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From time to time the app does not recognize my device still. I normally just keep "refreshing" (pulling down on the screen) until the app finds my device. Or I will turn disable Bluetooth and wait 60 seconds then re-enable bluetooth. When the Bluetooth notification screen appears I click on my fitbit device. Then I go back to the app and try resyncing again. 

At the main screen of the Fitbit app, click on your profile picture. Look for the option to 'Sync Now' and click on the 2 arrows forming a circle. Hopefully that will help the phone's bluetooth recognize your Fitbit device. 

If you would like notifications sent to your Fitbit device:

Click on profile picture on the app. Click your device. Under 'General' click on 'Notifications' and enable Calls if you want to be notified of incoming calls.  To verify the notification works, press on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and click on "Send a Test Call Notification". Check your device for the notification (I pressed the answer button on my device).  Next, click on 'Calendar Events' and change it to your preferred servicer (i.e. Google Calendar).  Under 'Email' that will be the default email app such as Gmail, Outlook, Samsung Email, which ever you chose to be the default when first setting up your phone.  You can also add other app notifications by clicking on 'App Notifications' and checking the apps you would lile to receive notifications from. 

Sorry this was a bit lengthy but truly do hope this helps. 

Best Answer