Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging separate sleep logs

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to be able to see details of my full night sleep even if I get up during the night or am awake for more than an hour. There should be some way of linking the two sessions together so that I can see the detailed sleep information for the entire night. Instead, I get detailed sleep information for part of the night and the summary information for the other part of a night. I hope Fitbit will make this an update to the current software.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Alrak Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Thank you for your inquiry. Currently this isn't possible but you can share your idea in our Feature Suggestions board. Search for the idea first to see if one already exist so you can add your vote. The more votes an idea gets the more likely the developers will try to implement it.\

Although remember that you need to have at least 3 hours of consecutive sleep to get sleep stages. You may not get sleep stages for the following reasons:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Finally you could delete both sleeps logs and log one entire period including the time you were awake by following these instructions.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@Alrak Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Thank you for your inquiry. Currently this isn't possible but you can share your idea in our Feature Suggestions board. Search for the idea first to see if one already exist so you can add your vote. The more votes an idea gets the more likely the developers will try to implement it.\

Although remember that you need to have at least 3 hours of consecutive sleep to get sleep stages. You may not get sleep stages for the following reasons:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Finally you could delete both sleeps logs and log one entire period including the time you were awake by following these instructions.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

i ofTen kniT 2 sleep enTries TogeTHer.  I deleTe THe shorTer one and THen ediT THe remaining one wiTH THe sTarT or sTop TIme from THe deleTed enTry.  MosT of THe Time iT resulTs in deTailed info for THe ediTed sleep enTRy  (sorry for THe odd capiTIalizaTIon.  I cleaned my keyboard Today, and iT apparenTly didn'T likle iT)

Best Answer
Deleting both sleep logs and manually entering the entire time period
works! Thank you! The customer service rep that I chatted with should
learn this. He give me incorrect information.
Best Answer
Thank you. Deleting both logs and manually entering the start and end time
works on my Versa. This is an acceptable solution, but I do hope that
Fitbit makes an easier solution in the future.
Best Answer

The link leads to a completely different article than how to manually enter a combined sleep log.

Hasn’t the feature for easily combining wrongly splitted sleep logs implemented yet? Another solution for the bug/problem would be to implement a user setting for defining how long awake time would split the sleep log.

Best Answer

Thank you. This worked for me. I have been trying to do this for years!

Best Answer
0 Votes

link is no longer correct

Best Answer

the link to the instrucitons for deleting and re-entering sleep data is WRONG.  PLEASE FIX THIS.

Best Answer