Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Versa keeps shutting itself off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve noticed on several occasions that my watch goes “black” and doesn’t respond until I press the three buttons. It will work for a while the it will do it again. I’m getting very frustrated with having to restart my watch several times a week. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jamiec3320 Sync first and you'll only lose the data you might have accumulated while it's off your body. Good luck!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
62 REPLIES 62

If the screen keeps turning off while you are using your watch, try going to settings on the watch and adjusting the time the watch will stay on, I hope it works.

Android and iPhone 6s. Versa, Flex 2, and Zip
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t see that setting option.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to settings on the FitBit Versa and scroll through the options and it should say Backlight delay.  From there keep tapping on that until it shows the time you want.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On my watch settings only show “tips and tricks” and “inspiration”. Am I
looking in the wrong place or don’t have the correct updates?
--

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. First go to settings on the watch.
  2. Scroll through the options until you see ''Backlight delay''
  3. Tap on that until you see the time that is perfect for you
  4. There are three options, 10 seconds, 15 seconds, and 20 seconds
  5. In my opinion 15 seconds works the best

I will take a picture for you.

It is the application it the bottom right.Photo on 6-24-18 at 8.16 PM #3.jpeg

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the settings and changed it to 15 seconds. Not sure it’s gonna work
because my watch doesn’t time out it completely shuts down and I have to
press all three buttons to re-activate it.
--

Best Answer

Ok I'm glad you found it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jamiec3320 I don't think the screen timeout is going to help. You should probably do a factory reset and contact support for a replacement if that doesn't work. To factory reset:

1) Delete Versa from bluetooth on your phone.

2) From Settings app, go to About and pick Factory Reset. Let it do its thing.

3) Set it up again like you did when you first got it.

Best Answer

I realize I’m a little slow, but, I can’t find the factory reset in the
settings.
--

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jamiec3320 You're fine! It's in the same settings as the screen timeout. Look under About. You'll have to scroll all the way to the bottom.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!! I’ll try this tonight before I go to bed so I’m not shorting
myself on data. Hopefully this will fix the problem because the next step
is customer service and possibly a replacement watch.

Thanks again!
--

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jamiec3320 Sync first and you'll only lose the data you might have accumulated while it's off your body. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jamiec3320 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! I would like to know if you tried the suggestions @SeleneD and @meresydotes shared with you and if they worked to fix the issue?

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the help I received from @meresydotes worked perfectly and solved my problem. Thank you for following up.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, it was working fine until yesterday then it just turned itself off, I did the restart, the reset and halfway through the reset it quit again and wouldn't come back on, it's not even a year old yet!!

Best Answer

Same here! 😣

Best Answer

Mine just started shutting off as well. It will turn on when its in the charger, but not off the charger. I have 100% charge as well. I havent tried the factory reset yet. This is Frustrating!

Best Answer

Mine just started on 9/6/19   It will shut off ever 2 o 3 hours and the only way i can restart it is to place it on charger. I have not tried a factory reset or to remove it from device and add it again.  I did reach out to Fitbit and they had no suggestions.  They kept focusing on battery and charging.  My device was upwards of 80% and still turning off ever couple hours. 

Best Answer

Mine started doing exactly the same thing a few days ago. The watch is less than a year old. I have bumped up the screen timeout to 20 seconds so we'll see what happens today.

Best Answer