Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification service not running

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. I have Fitbit Versa, firmware version 32.32.10.15, mobile phone Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus and notifications are not running on my tracker. My phone reports an error: "Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notification on your tracker".

I restarted bluetooth on my phone and also Fitbit app, also reinstall Fitbit app and it still doesnt work. Please, can you help me?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
183 REPLIES 183

Thank you so much.  I have been uninstalling and reinstalling my app every day...at the very most I can go 4 days before I have to do it.  Today I did it this morning, and now just saw it was giving me that message again...less than 12 hours later.  Still not a great fix, but faster then doing the uninstall reinstall route!  Thanks again!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Teri1964 It seems like your OS is killing the notification service process. what phone model do you have? If you're on Android have you turned off the battery optimization for Fitbit app in the Android settings?

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
@rajesh26 thank you so much. It worked!
Best Answer

Yes it says battery not optimized

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still. I'm not getting call notification.can u please help me to find a solution

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bhanu_0410 

Are you getting other notifications like SMS, mails or other?

Best Answer

Yaa others notification are working fine

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bhanu_0410 

Then you might not have given telephone or call logs permissions to fitbit app. 

Go to apps in settings, find fitbit and click on permissions. Then allow all the permissions that are shown over there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't work anyhow

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased versa 2 from the US  one week back and facing this issue on the same day I did the setup. The steps mentioned in other replies does works but require more efforts. What I found is if I go to Settings>Apps& Notifications>Special App Access>Notification Access and turn off and turn on the notification service for Fitbit, it removes the error. I am using One plus 6T. It does not permanently  fix the error though however i found this workaround easy to work with.

Best Answer
Thank you ..
Best Answer
0 Votes

After clear data 

Total data will be out  wipe 

Dats make big issue 

Our records safe or not

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Arslaan I'm not sure if your asking a question or making a comment. 

All fitbit data is stored on the fitbit server in the cloud. 

Best Answer

Hey there 😊

Is ur issue resolved? I've the same issue and trying to figure a solution. Could you share ur solution if any. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah my issue resolved. Now it's working fine.im using one plus 7pro to
activate notification go to settings next click on apps and notifications
then special App access then turn on and off fitbit notification.. it works
well
Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to setting .....& Fitbit app...delet app data ....u slove ....don't
worry about past data ....dats safe
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this permanently solved your problem or you have to do this multiple times in a day?

I am using one plus 6T and my wife's using one plus 7 and we both have to do this multiple times in a day to reactivate the notifications. The notification service automatically throws error after sometime.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do we need to do this multiple times in a day or this will solve the issue permanently?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No dat was permanent solution....do no about after 5 or 6 month
Best Answer
0 Votes
U also delete your app data...after u solved dis problem permanently
Best Answer
0 Votes