Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification service not running

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. I have Fitbit Versa, firmware version 32.32.10.15, mobile phone Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus and notifications are not running on my tracker. My phone reports an error: "Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notification on your tracker".

I restarted bluetooth on my phone and also Fitbit app, also reinstall Fitbit app and it still doesnt work. Please, can you help me?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
183 REPLIES 183
Just bought Versa 2 a few days, same problem using Redmi Note 5 pro, tried every suggestion from community post, no use
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure if any Resin phones have been tested

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up returning my Fitbit. A shame, because I really liked the device, except for the fact that I didn't get notifications. 

But having compatibility issues with major handset manufacturers running an OS that is on 75% of the phones worldwide is really unacceptable. And this is after months of complaints.

I will consider it again after Fitbit gets its act together.

Best Answer
0 Votes

By the way, Xiaomi (and Redmi) is a major manufacturer that is a huge player in markets like China and India. They may be less known here in North America, but Fitbit really needs to take compatibility with those devices seriously. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unlike iOS. Android, even if your only looking at one version, has many derivatives. I already have had 4 different updates for version 9 and then add that most manufacturers, and cell companies add their own extras. Not to mention that there is no standard hardware for Android phones. 

All this adds up to a lot of testing and troubleshooting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think MIUI and OxygenOS are major variants that are present in millions of devices and should be on integral part of testing. And we are not talking about some obscure or quirky behavior here. Notifications are, IMO the 2nd most important function on a fitness watch, next only to its fitness functions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately this solution is short lived. I have to do this weekly. And especially after every fitbit app update. Such a shame! Months ago this has been going on and fitbit can't / won't fix it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit embeds some drivers within the operating system. Android still has ocaisionly, like microsoft may have issues with cleaning up the old while installing upgrades. Because of android issues it may require a restart of the phone with an app upgrade. 

Most other apps do not embed them self into the OS and therefore do not have this issue. 

Besides Android devices still need to be restarted once a week, but android is getting better at memory management. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Even after restarting it doesn't work.
I can't be living with this problem throughout my life.
I need my notifications from time to time.
Best Answer
0 Votes
In my One plus (Android), I used to face the same issue, notification
service not working very frequently. Recently I did a minor change from
Battery Optimization settings, where I have choosed don't optimise for
fitbit. A few moments later it started working, without a phone restart and
reinstallation of fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Can you show in details all the steps involved in doing so?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Notification Service not working fix.
For Android 6.x and higher, From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings >
Battery, go to Battery Optimization. Then search for Fitbit application and
choose the option Don't Optimize. Voila!.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still not working brother. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit are there any news about fixing the notifications issue. I have a Mi MAX (not MIX) 3 and I cannot receive notifications from my Fitbit Versa either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work for me.any other suggestion 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all,

Definitely i am having the same problem. I have a Redmi Note 5 Plus and i have the notification warning as well... Just to prove that this is software problem affecting only some smartphones, i asked my husband to install the app and impair the watch (he has a Mi A1) and works fine.

Their software is selective and IT DOES NOT WORK on some smartphones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LizzyFitbit 

Is this issue still being investigated ?

I have a REDmi NOTE 8 Pro and have the same issue,

The only notification I get on my Versa is for phone calls, nothing comes up for FB Messenger, SMS`s ect.

In the Fitbit app go to "Notifications" and at the top is a message "Notification service not running, A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on you tracker.

I have reset the Versa to the factory defaults, uninstalled and re-installed the app then set it up from scratch( rebooting both devices several times) The phone \ Versa find each other OK and can sync up but still no notifications and the error mentioned above.

I have even disabled the battery optimization for the Fitbit app but still nothing.

Thanks,

A

Best Answer
0 Votes

JYes with Android having many variations and different hardware setups the app sometimes needs to be customized for the phone. 

Garmin has the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply

Does this mean I need to do something of do I need the wait for Fitbit to
do something ?

Thanks
Andrea
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have no idea what to do.
Best Answer