Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on Versa for purchasing decision

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have a Blaze which I love but would like more clock faces which I know will not be coming now....I might be in the minority here but I don't like the way the Versa looks at all. I am a female and the styling does not work for me...square circle is kinda ugly and the bands don't work for me either.. IMO...granted I don't want to pay $300 for an Ionic either....hoping to catch one on sale....anyone else upgrading from Blaze to one of these choices?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
90 REPLIES 90

@Breezygirl8wrote:

My Apple Watch lasts 2 or 3 days on a charge. The Apple Watch has a lot more features than the Versa hence the higher price. Just the call feature and being able to reply back to texts on your iPhone is worth the extra money. 

My AW only last 18 hours max that is One reason I am switching I have never heard of them lasting 2-3 days that’s crazy what kind of AW do you have.

Best Answer

Thinking of upgrading to the Versa. Seen one today and much smaller and lighter than I thought. 

Anyone have any thoughts on it? 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brobaywrote:

@Breezygirl8wrote:

My Apple Watch lasts 2 or 3 days on a charge. The Apple Watch has a lot more features than the Versa hence the higher price. Just the call feature and being able to reply back to texts on your iPhone is worth the extra money. 

My AW only last 18 hours max that is One reason I am switching I have never heard of them lasting 2-3 days that’s crazy what kind of AW do you have.

I'm with you I'd really like to know which AW she has because mine has never lasted more than a day and I have the AW2. I take a long swim most mornings and do yoga or lift in the evening after work and it's done. Maybe the AW3 has some setting tweaks that extend the life of the battery. I and a bunch of friends would really like to know what she's doing. Battery life is my key complaint with the watch and the reason I'm getting a Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A lot of people are getting the Versa for the same reason especially if you don’t need the GPS

Best Answer
0 Votes

@datalore Yeah that is why I am switching also. I am a nurse and most of the time my watch will die the last half hour of my shift all I use it for 15 seconds each pt. I am so over the battery life of the AW. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a dog walker and I need a Fitbit that’s hard wearing. I was looking at the Rose gold but seen I. The reviews the colour rubs off. Please can you advise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a dog walker and I need a Fitbit that’s hard wearing. I was looking at the Rose gold but seen the reviews that the colour rubs off. I am looking st the new visa versa Please can you advise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can change out the bands. So I would buy Black and then buy the other color separate.

Wear the other color when not walking the dogs as it will get discolored

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Good idea. I have aluminium at the moment and I’ve managed to get a few scratches on it but not too bad. So was looking at either the black special edition or grey aluminium.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a AW3. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have the cellular option? You get 3 days of battery life out of the watch? Wow they've made some massive improvements since the 2. It appears you're getting triple the official specs. What settings are you using? Do you exercise with it, or just use the smartwatch features?

Best Answer
0 Votes

😮 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Breezygirl8 Apple states 18 hrs battery life how in the world could you get 3 days. I mainly use just the watch face at work and still only get between 12-14 hrs. I do use the watch face a lot during the day but 3 days is unreal I need to know your trick so I can get mine to last a full day. 

Best Answer

Okay Versa Pre-Orderers - As a fellow pre-orderer, I want to hear what was it about the Versa that drew it to you? 

And give me one thing you’d add, minus, or change. 🙂

Mine: I started using FitBit approx 2yrs ago and instantly fell in love. I had looked at Apple watches in the past but didn’t want the attachment of the ecosystem (along with the price). I’ve enjoyed the Charge 2 - it’s served me well. 

What I'm excited about is the water-resistance, larger screen, women health could be neat, and as for the GPS - I’m not a jogger who prefers to not have my phone with me. I have my little ones usually so it’s all good in my stroller. So the lack of GPS is no problem. 

My Add, Minus or Change? I’d love to see more apps (which I’m sure is coming)

I hope FitBit kicks butt with the Versa Model!

Best Answer

I went ahead and got the Ionic....Versa does not appeal to me....got the Ionic on sale for $269....love it! Love the GPS onboard, love the bigger display too and the watch faces! I don't want a tracker that looks like an Apple watch...got the new update and love it...got Pandora stations downloaded too...now just have to wait for text replying update. It is big on my wrist but I like it!... ordered new bands on Amazon tho...work so much better and reduce the bulkiness IMO

Best Answer

I pre-ordered because I have been looking for a new fitness/health tracker since January when the band on my 2015 Charge HR finally broke. I considered the Ionic, but it’s not for me. I like it’s functionity, but not it’s looks.

I gave serious consideration to the Apple Watch 3 as I am hooked into the Apple ecosystem. I have an iPhone, iPad and Mac. I ended up not going with the AW because it is first and foremost a smartwatch. It has many nice feature, but not features that I value most.

My interest is primarily fitness and health. So, when the Versa was announced I quickly pre-ordered. I consider the Versa a hybrid fitness tracker (I.e., a fitness tracker with some smartwatch features). I decided on Versa due to this. It gives me what I want for fitness and health with a smartwatch look and features. It is good for fitness and has a nice look for everyday wear, including work and going out. The Versa includes what Fitbit does better than anyone else all with one device and app - fitness and activity tracking, sleep tracking and long battery life. The fact that the Versa is not integrated into the Apple ecosystem is not a compelling enough reason to go with the AW vs what I want and the Versa delivers.  

The fact that it is water resistant is a plus. I also like that the Versa SE has FitPay. I orders the SE in charcoal. My bank is one of the few US banks that implemented FitPay.  I can live with connected GPS. Although I do run, that is not one of my main activities. For all my other activities, I always have my phone with me, so the fact that the Versa doesn’t have GPS is not a deal beaker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

18 hours is with Apple doing many battery draining activities. Of course if you’re going to use it with battery draining activities such as 30 minutes of music listening, using apps for 45 mins a day... LTE phone calls....  the battery won’t last as long.  

But my normal daily use of checking the time, reading and responding to texts and 30 minute workout tracking it easily lasts more than two days.  Very similar to a cell phone if you’re on it all day doing several things such as long phone calls, playing music, running apps, your phone battery won’t last as long as someone who uses their phone lightly. 

Here is a thread with many others who have a similar Apple Watch S3 battery life as I do. 

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-watch-series-3-battery-life.2091658/

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Breezygirl8wrote:

18 hours is with Apple doing many battery draining activities. Of course if you’re going to use it with battery draining activities such as 30 minutes of music listening, using apps for 45 mins a day... LTE phone calls....  the battery won’t last as long.  

But my normal daily use of checking the time, reading and responding to texts and 30 minute workout tracking it easily lasts more than two days.  Very similar to a cell phone if you’re on it all day doing several things such as long phone calls, playing music, running apps, your phone battery won’t last as long as someone who uses their phone lightly. 

Here is a thread with many others who have a similar Apple Watch S3 battery life as I do. 

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-watch-series-3-battery-life.2091658/

Makes sense. I use the watch in a different way, and use it primarily as a fitness tracker. I love the AW, but I'll go with the versa just based on the way I use a smartwatch. I guess this gets into a philosophical discussion on what the killer app is on smartwatches and how they're used. I'm a masters swimmer and take long swims most days of the week and work out in the evening with an hour of yoga or weight training which drains my battery. I love the smartwatch aspects of the AW, but I'm not impressed with the fitness features which for me are the killer app, and indeed the reason to use a smartwatch. It just comes down to personal taste which, of course, is subjective. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can tell by this board that I'm not the only one anxiously waiting for the new Versa to come out!  I've been a loyal Fitbit user for a few years now and have owned nearly every tracker, but have sold to upgrade to the new model. The only disappointment I've ever had was with the original Charge which didn't seem to be very durable, and I had to have it replaced.  

I owned the Blaze for over a year and a half and was extremely satistied with the product.  BUT once the new Versa was announced, I became in awe and couldn't wait to have it. I sold my Blaze a couple of weeks ago, just so I could justify buying the new Versa. This has left me with a basic Alta (glad I'm still tracking my steps)! I've been checking this board so often for updates and have watched nearly every "unboxing" video on youtube that I could find. I'm waiting (not so patiently) until our local Best Buy, Target, or Dicks receives one in person to choose my color. Right now I am thinking I am going with the SE Graphite, and CANNOT wait until it comes out and I can see it in person.

I'm hoping Spotify releases the app for Fitbit, but I'm going to be happy to upload my own music in the meantime. I am also super excited for the new apps and getting to decide on new clock faces! I know that the Fitbit OS is fairly new, and I'm sure we are going to continue getting more apps in the future that make this product even more attractive.  Cannot wait!! The days are moving much to slow for me! 

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer

I know how you feel---i was the exact same way with the Ionic!

?
Best Answer