Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking inaccurate with Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa tracks my sleep but it's inaccurate.  I woke up this morning at 7am.  My Versa reported I was awake at 5am & it stopped tracking my sleep.  Other nights it starts my sleep long after I go to bed.  I'm asleep after my head hits the pillow.  My Blaze used to track sleep if I fell asleep in the recliner, recorded awake time when I moved to my bed & went back to tracking sleep until I woke in the morning.  Are there known issues with the Versa's sleep tracking that are being corrected by Fitbit?  I made the wrong assumption accuracy (heart rate, steps, sleep) would not be an issue with the Versa since the Blaze works so well.  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 9/24/18

Hey, everyone!

I'm aware that many of you have been experiencing inaccuracies with your sleep logs and other sleep issues with your Versa watches. 

If you haven't already, please take a look at this help article: What should I know about sleep stages? which provides more insight into how we formulate your sleep log details each night. Also, keep in mind that you can edit your sleep logs if you see any discrepancies with these instructions here: How do I change my sleep history?

If your Versa watch has completely stopped recording your sleep, then you might be experiencing something else that can use individual assistance with our Customer Support team. 

To keep this forum on-topic, productive, and prevent duplicates I’m going to close this discussion. Please open a new topic if you have been having trouble with your sleep. Again, if you still have questions or need individual assistance please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Support team that can provide options for you. Thanks for your help and cooperation! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
644 REPLIES 644

I'm having the same issue with my Versa not tracking sleep, even on nights I slept for 7 hours, it states that I slept for 3.5?  Starts tracking long after I've gone to bed and stops far earlier than I get up.

Last night I manually started "sleep begin" when I went to bed, but it is showing only one minute of restlessness all night? I'm sure that's not correct either.

Best Answer

Hello and Welcome!  @Tammy_S Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your sleep tracking difficulties with Versa. There can be a few reasons why you are seeing these inaccuracies. Mainly, I would suggest adjusting how you wear it to bed. The way sleep tracking works is once the watch no longer detects movement, it will start recording a sleep log. When you wake up in the morning, get out of bed and take some steps is when it will recognize you are awake. For you it might be better to wear it a little tighter and also play around wearing it on your left versus your right wrist. 

@Skyybluepurple I would suggest the same for you. Since Versa automatically records your sleep, you don't need to use the app unless it's your preference to do so. To read more about how Sleep Stages works, I recommend reviewing that article. Let me know if you two have questions! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I am looking for help before I give up. I have return my original and gotten another. I have hard reset unpaired and repaired. Change the sleep log my one minute. Nothing is working. Help before I give up and get my $ back. I got this over a Apple Watch for sleep tracking. 

Here is a copy of my log.  I would be dead if this is all I slept  my charge HR worked perfect  I didn’t fall asleep or wake up at those times  

C2E0A81B-A671-4AA0-8F92-2C22866E1749.png

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer

Same issue here....went to bed at 11:15 last night and fell asleep immediately.  According to the app I went to bed at 12:45.  The wake up time was correct but not sure how it could mess up my sleep time by 1 1/2 hours.  Just bought on Friday so will continue to monitor and see if it improves.

Best Answer

Mine is terribly inaccurate. Says I sleep 1 to 3 hours which I know is incorrect. I fall asleep right away.  Very disappointed and Fitbit chat was no

help. I hope there will be a software update to fix this soon. 

Best Answer

I wore the Versa on my dominant wrist as recommended.  It tracked no sleep patterns.  It stopped tracking at 2:42am.  This is probably when I went to the bathroom.  With the Blaze, I've had no issues with it counting this as a brief awake time & then tracking the rest of my sleep until morning.  Does Fitbit recognize there are multiple issues with the Versa & they are working to fix the Versa or do they consider these issues user errors & the user needs to be fixed?

Best Answer

Thank you for the reply, but I'm fairly certain it is an issue with the Versa and not how I'm wearing it or my understanding, as I've had no issues with my Alta tracking my sleep patterns.  
As a follow up, last night my Versa tracked no sleep whatsoever.  

I really love this tracker and all of it's features, but there seems to be a lot of bugs that need to be worked out 😞

Best Answer

I’ve had my Versa and every night I’ve only had the simplified sleep stages show up . I’ve tried all the tricks. Last night it showed I only sket for 2 hours. I adjusted the sleep log to the hours I was in bed and it showed I took 1 hour and 33 minutes to fall asleep 

Best Answer

Hi @Tammy_S have you tried changing the sleep sensitivity setting under account (top right icon on phone app) and Advanced settings.

I have my setting on normal for my Versa and it seems spot on for sleep times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve talked to customer support and have a case number. That was last Monday. I’m going to send them an update. I don’t mind waiting for a bit if this can be fixed but I don’t want to wait too long and have the time to return it expire 

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Kalush.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself and for the attachment. If you are having issues with your sleep information, I recommend taking a look at the What should I know about sleep stages? article and follow the instructions provided there.

In the meantime, keep in mind that you can always edit this information by following the steps provided in the How do I change my sleep history? article.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I am just looking for accurate sleep timing. I need to know how many hours of sleep I am getting.

Best Answer

@Kalush are you using clock face other than what originally came on it?  I just switched back to the original clock face and it worked last night, will see what happens tonight

Best Answer

if you're having trouble with the sleep tracker, did you also change your watch face??  I had the tracker correct the first night, I don't know if I still had the 'stock' clock face or not, but every night after that, I just got total sleep and not the detail of the stages of sleep and I had a clock face other than the stock one.

Last night I got the detailed sleep and was using the stock clock face, I'll see what happens tonight with the stock clock face, if it works, I will switch back to a custom face and see if the problem returns

Best Answer

I just did that thank you!  I will try it tonight and see if that helps!

Best Answer

i'm returning my Versa, I couldn't even try my clock face theory because I tried to start from scratch again and now won't update at all, getting a 502 error or something like that

Best Answer
0 Votes

I change the setting from normal to sensitive and it made the tracking worse.  Shows I got an hr of sleep. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I change the setting from normal to sensitive and it made the tracking worse.  Shows I got an hr of sleep. 

ugghhhhh!!

Best Answer

I am having the same big problems with sleep tracking with my new Versa. The Charge 2 I had was simply perfect, tracking any night movement at the exact time. Cannot be a matter of how you wear it, absolutely. Hope you’ll fix this problem very soon

Best Answer