Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for changing bands

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just seeing if anyone has some tips or tricks to changing the watch bands. I just took the classic band off and tried to put it back on and it was a painful experience especially on the end with the loop. How are others doing it?

i planned on getting a nicer band to wear during the work day then swap it out with the classic for a workout but it seems like a big nuisance to do every day. 

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

I am not sure what pains you are having with changing the straps. Of all the watchband types, they are the easiest since they use a springbar with a little nub you can use to compress. 

Best Answer

maybe it is just me or the classic bands themselves, but pressing those little nubs are very hard to get to given the angle. 

Best Answer

Keep trying. Luckily, you only have to move them a millimeter to have them release. Try pulling the nubs while pulling that side of the band away from the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I learned that with third party bands you have to insert them at an angle, that means you literally have to insert them in a way as if the band was laying flat along with the Versa in one straight line on a surface. It's a bit of a pain, you have to circle the end of the band a bit to make the pin hit the hole, it took me super long to realize and only realized it because of trial and error after I got two bands and had a hard time inserting either. The biggest tip I could perhaps give you is to have a lot of patience and perhaps some ice afterwards for all that pulling of the pin, because I swear my pointer hurt for the rest of the evening from there on. 

Best Answer

You are not alone- I just changed my versa band for the first time and it was also a painful experience. The first half without the buckle when in just fine. The second half with the buckle took a very long time I had to wiggle and wiggle the side with the quick release bar till I finally heard a little click. I think it is hard to get them lined up properly. With that, I have no tips or tricks haha- sorry.

Best Answer

Since the bar is spring loaded, you can use a little trick to help you out. Basically what's happening is you are sort of blindly trying to position into the hole in the case. There is nowhere else the pin can go. So pull the knob to retract the pin and fit it into the case then let go of the knob. Now the pin has spring tension trying to find a slot. Then you just wiggle it around and when the pin goes over the hole, it'll pop right in.

Best Answer

Oh yeah. nice little spring loaded pins. I took off my band to change it. After an hour I chunked the versa on the counter. I guess I’ll find an F’n Jewler!!!!!’

Best Answer

I’m with you. These mechanism SUCK

Best Answer

I gave up. This company cares ZERO for end user experience. I’m done with fitbit bull**ahem**. I’m out money for 2 fitbits, 2 chargers,AND a scale. All great concepts horribly implented. 

Best Answer

Rules or marketing my friend.

Best Answer

I'm sure you have figured it out by now but for those that are looking it up I hope this helps. I have one of the special edition versas that came with the grey fabric band and black classic band. I only have used the grey which was super easy to take off and on. Was ready for a change and the black would not fit. I could not get it narrow enough to fit in the grooves. There are two ridges on the band. These need to be in place. Basically each band has to be close to a 90 degree angle before it will fit. Just push in the lever and it snaps right in. I imagine even with some practice it will take a couple minutes but should be manageable to switch back and forth if it is important to you.

Best Answer

I found it impossible to do and my partner struggled too. Had a genius idea to use the bent end of a hair clip (the kind a hairdresser might use to put hair up with) Loop it around the nub and pull gently to release band then, to refit the band, it needs to be positioned at an angle to the tracker, reverse the process and it will easily slot back in. Hope this makes sense!

Best Answer

Took mine back because of the band struggle! If they ever correct it, I'll get another. Better ways to spend my time than struggling with band!  Maybe why they are called 'fit' bit. I had a fit each time I tried.

Best Answer

I have a versa and changing bands is a piece of cake. So when my husbands versa came I thought I would just quickly change the small band for the larger but it took me half an hour and two finger nails. Could it be possible that the position of the holes maybe differs a little bit? I really don’t understand why it would be so difficult when on my versa it only takes me a couple of seconds. 

Best Answer
Maybe, but I won't get another unless I can change it  or with ease. 

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone
Best Answer

It’s the bands that the problem. I ordered the mint strap and when I tried to put it on my versa one side jjust wouldn’t attach whatever I tried. I got in touch with fitbit and they send me a new one. That arrived yesterday and attached in a couple of seconds. It might be millimeter work but I do believe now that it’s the straps that sometimes are made so that the pins can’t get into the openings correctly.

Best Answer

I’m totally with you i the Alta first went thu 3 bands and 2 chargers never my scale working now I have a Versa that I’ve owned for 5 Months with a broken  band been trying to get new band on for 2 hours about done with bit all together could go on about all the things tHat are half wrong would not to any to by Fitbit product 

Best Answer

I just went through the same thing this weekend.  I was so angry that I wanted to get rid of the Versa. I'm sure it would be hard if a user had arthritis or some other issue that would keep them from changing the bands if needed.  Wish I did more homework before purchasing.

Best Answer

Hell no...you aren’t alone. My thumb nail is destroyed. I swap out Charge 2 band all the time. Has taken 20 minutes and still a fail. I think it’s in there at times but band won’t straighten from that position. Grrrr. I’m also looking for a tip of some hack or device someone is using to help squeeze in pin for those of us w/o indestructible nails.

Best Answer