Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for changing bands

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just seeing if anyone has some tips or tricks to changing the watch bands. I just took the classic band off and tried to put it back on and it was a painful experience especially on the end with the loop. How are others doing it?

i planned on getting a nicer band to wear during the work day then swap it out with the classic for a workout but it seems like a big nuisance to do every day. 

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Yes, this!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to switch my

fitbit charge 2 bands almost daily but the versa is a nightmare! I just tried to change my band and the tiny pin broke off! Now it’s either break the band or the versa ☹️ Why did they change it and make

iy impossible to change? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I used to switch my

fitbit charge 2 bands almost daily but the versa is a nightmare! I just tried to change my band and the tiny pin broke off! Now it’s either break the band or the versa ☹️ Why did they change it and make

iy impossible to change? 

The first few times were a struggle and I broke many nails. Now I can switch bands much easier. The more you do it, the easier it becomes.

★Kit N.★
Versa 3, Versa (retired), Charge 2 (retired), Charge HR (retired) | Pixel 3a XL
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too used to change out my previous bands almost daily to match what I was wearing for the day.  I bought several new bands for my Versa with the expectation of doing the same thing, but they are a NIGHTMARE to change out.  Do not try to change one out on the fly because it just won't happen.  I've broken fingernails, had my thumbs actually bleed trying to get on a new band and finally gave up.  Once I found one that I could get on, I just kept it on and just look at all my pretty unused bands and just shake my head. Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

I push the pin down with the retracted tip of a metal ballpoint pen. Still not all my bands will work. On one in particular the pins are obviously too short and just slide right out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, but I can’t get either the buckle or other side back in from my original versa. It’s too big. I just spent 20min with nothing but a broken nail to show for it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

show me how. this is getting frusrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to have the band at almost a 90 degree angle to the Versa for it to pop in. Make sure you're holding the little knob down as far as it goes and you should hear a tiny click when it sets.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My buckle snapped  off so I bought Fitbit  brand bands. impossible to remove the pins  so since I can't wear it I just tossed it...not worth the frustration  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well that stinks. I'm sure a jeweler would have helped you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually found it easier to put the band on slightly backward, if you will. I lined up the end of the pin with the slider first. Then I used my thumbnail to press in the pin in the other end and pushed the strap into position and it snapped right into place. The little slider thing doesn’t move freely enough to snap nicely into place for some of them I think. 

I’m posting in case it helps anyone, but also so when I have to do it again and I find this post, hopefully I’ll remember what I did!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're a Goddess! 

Worked like a hot-diggity!

Thanks very much 😀 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You’re welcome!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes