Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for changing bands

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just seeing if anyone has some tips or tricks to changing the watch bands. I just took the classic band off and tried to put it back on and it was a painful experience especially on the end with the loop. How are others doing it?

i planned on getting a nicer band to wear during the work day then swap it out with the classic for a workout but it seems like a big nuisance to do every day. 

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

I’m not even using a third party band YET (it’s en route as we speak though). But I’m doing the angle thing. It seems like I have it that way but the band won’t straighten out from here. 

Best Answer

Or maybe I don’t need to straighten from the angle? I guess it goes on my wrist at the angle. I just wish I felt more confident that it is completely snapped in there. Looks like it but??? Is yours still angled when you put on? It wasn’t angled when I took the ugly peach band it came with off so I’m thinking no. Why didn’t they make the default band black???

Best Answer
The design is faulty. However, I do like the watch, so when they went on sale Black Friday, I shopped and hesitantly bought another one with the understanding that if I could not easily get the band on and off I would be bringing it back again. With this one I don't have any trouble!
So I am thinking that some of the watches just do not have the pin holes set up as  should be. I would get so frustrated trying to change bands on the first watch and never could do it.
The other thing I figured out was that I was focusing so hard I'm trying to align the PIN, but I paid little attention to the small rubber Ridge on the band. The tutorials never mention it.
So I align the band NOT  straight out from the watch, but instead straight down from the watch kind of like a table leg. Put the bottom of the pin in, then focus on getting the small rubber Ridge in place and finally the top of the pin. Then bring the band straight out to the side of the watch.
If the pin holes are faulty, I don't think anything will help, but so far so good on this one. Maybe it is made better, and maybe I found a better technique for installing it with no help from the Fitbit folks.

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone
Best Answer
Thank you so much. I have a friend who makes jewelry coming over tomorrow and I’m gonna have her look at it and I’ll look at the rubber bands then. I don’t dare take it off now. Lol. I finally got the pins in when I put them in at an angle. I don’t know if that makes sense to you? It looks like the pins are in BUT the bands don’t lie back straight now like they did with the original band that came on it so I can’t trust it. They don’t need to be straight to curve around my wrist though and so I’ve had it stay on all day around the house but I’m terrified to wear it out. I didn’t notice a big SNAP and the bands not lying down just has thrown me for a loop. I hate to have to return being they may be in correctly but I shouldn’t have to be so stressed about this. Very interesting you had 2 very different experiences with 2 devices. I was wondering how ppl in forum seemed to either have no issues or huge issues.
If you get a chance, let me know what you think about these bands not lying flat yet watch band seems to be in place.
Happy stepping!

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also only had trouble with a Classic band. In my experience the leather bands come on more easily as they are able to move more and is more space. 

Best Answer

No it is not you and honestly they are NOT easy for me. I have to get my wife to do it for me. Speaking of which I just asked her tonight to change my band. Lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had no issues changing bands on my first Versa before I took it back under warranty due to faulty HR readings.
This one, the small band goes in very easily but the large band is next to impossible to fit. 

I eventually used a nail file to push the pin where it needed to go. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So guys...I actually just bought a tool on amazon that’s supposed to help with this. Will either be a rip off or the best $ I ever spent. I think I paid approximately $8 for this tool and some replacement pins. I just searched “Fitbit Versa tool”.

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
Good luck. Keep us posted

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone
Best Answer

OMG! This is the worst experience every trying to change these bands! It can't be this hard. Trying to change out the woven band for the classic band so I can hit a spin class and what a joke.  I seriously think this is the worst implementation ever and so frustrating that I think I am returning and just using my Ionic which isn't this hard at all! 

Best Answer
I’m actually scared to change the band again. I may return mine as well.

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just found two videos which helped to make swaping bands easier for me, hope it helps you too.

Video 1

Video 2

Best Answer

I watched both of those tutorials and even that one guy had an issue getting it on.  Pretty ridiculous how complicated it is to do.  It actually hurts my fingers trying to do it.  I can finally do it but isn't exactly easy! Whoever designed this was insane and everywhere you look everyone is having a hard time changing them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I some time use tweezers especially for the magnetic loop band and it helps with that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So...I finally got brave and switched my band. I got it right away. This was a replacement band from Amazon. Crazy that the nonFitbit bands work better than that plastic crap that is actually made by Fitbit. 🙄

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the exact same problem.  I spent hours trying to put the original black band on ( I bought mine at Kohl's so it came with the black rubber band and a fabric one which is easy to put on and take off).  The videos did help but what I just discovered is that one side of the band on the original band has a shorter pin. I just switched out the pin to one that was in the large band and I think it worked.  The short pin wasn't long enough to stay solidly in the pin hole.   I also didn't know about the ridge having to fit to the slot on the Versa (which I guess I should have noticed). So the video helped with that tremendously! So glad I checked here!

Best Answer

Hello

I totally agree this is one of the horrendous design mistake by fitbit.  I have been a loyal fitbit user for more than 6 years. (original fitbit ->fitbit hr ->fitbit charge 2 -> versa).  I got mine from Costco during the holiday season and attempted to change the rose color band with the black one.  Taking out was pretty easy.

Man oh man putting the newer band in was a big struggle.  Whoever designed it and approved it should be fired. period. There is no excuse fitbit.  Of all the fitbit i had used this is the worst by far in terms of band changing.  Why oh why it has to be so complex?  For god's sake you could have used the same one as in fitbit charge 2.  That was so easy to do.   

That leads me to question if fitbit ever uses beta testing.  I am sure most of the beta testers would have complained about it too if there was a chance to complain about it.

Now at this stage not sure how easy difficult to change that design and make it easy to change the bands.  Fitbit if you are listening you have so many disgruntled users not because of the actual unit which is awesome but the change band mechanism.  It is a shame.

Murali

Best Answer
Exactly!!! I got mine at Costco and changing to black band was brutal. All other bands (not made by Fitbit) pretty easy though...not easy like my Charge 2 though.
On another note I realized tonight I also can’t see my activity minutes on my Versa like I could on my Charge 2. I must not have noticed this before. What the heck is up with that??? Versa more expensive than Charge 2...shouldn’t have less features. Yes it shows my 10 hours of 250 steps and under “today” I can see too much info on my whole week of exercise. I’m just missing my plain old total exercise minutes for the day. I don’t think that’s in there anywhere. Sign me up for Beta testing. I went through 3 Charge 2’s before they figured stuff out. But I love my Fitbit and I wanna help them fix this craziness. So frustrating.

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased the Versa  as a gift for my husband.  In doing so wanted to change the band from the small to the large .It took me forever as well to do it. Along with breaking my thumb nail. I fortunately didn't scratch the face of the watch while changing the band.

Best Answer

Thanks so very much! 

Best Answer
0 Votes