Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERSA 2 - Fitbit OS 4.1.1 Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/6

Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) for VERSA 2 smartwatches has been released to 100% of users. If you haven't yet, please make sure you update your watch to this new firmware. 

If you recently purchased or set up your Versa 2, you might not see this firmware available to you yet. Continue syncing the watch and in a few days or less, you'll be prompted to update to this firmware. 

Fitbit Update: 1/31

Hi, Versa 2 users!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) exclusively for Versa 2 Smartwatches. 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes the following: 

•  We optimized the algorithm used to track your heart rate on Versa 2 to complement our latest hardware.
    • Bug fixes and other improvements.

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa 2 can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa 2, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips. If you have any issues after completing the update, when in doubt, try a restart on the watch. 

How to restart your watch:

1. For Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back(left) button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the button.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
350 REPLIES 350

I have the up date (32.70.7.14) but ever since it has a mind of it's own.... whether or not it allows me to swipe like I use to.... any remedies? 

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit, I bought the protection plan. Do you know if this return/replacement is going to count towards that?? I REALLY hope not because this issue is CLEARLY a defect within the device & not an accident/accidental damage.

Best Answer

The information on the versa 2 states that this watch, like the ionic, is suitable for swimming. While swimming, the ionic indicated the number of lanes, meters and time on the screen. The app also provided an overview of the different strokes I had swum. Unfortunately the versa 2 only shows the time on the screen, in the app the number of meters. That is very disappointing. Can adjust your software on the versa 2. So it makes sense to wear the watch while swimming.

Best Answer

My wife's  versa 2 stopped connecting/syncing/pairing to her phone Feb. 21, the same day of the firmware 35.70.7.21 update. Everytime the device attempts to pair with phone, the " versa rejects pairing" message appears. I spent hours trying to reset setup, uninstalling and reinstalling Fitbit app, clearing cache and finally 45 minutes with customer service. No dice, app won't connect with phone. It must be a glitch with the new "bug fixing" firmware. Her phone is moto g4 that worked ok with this and two other fitbits until now. I was able to sync her phone by downloading the app to my phone, but this is not a long term solution, and neither is buying her another phone.

Best Answer

I went on the chat yesterday to report still no notifications and what he made me do I've now now lost my sleep updates. Hurry up #FitBit and fix these problems 😬

Best Answer
The reason I didn’t update mine. I still have the old version firmware. I’m just gonna stock to this firmware until my watch gives up and switch to another brand. I still have issues with battery and a synching problem but other features works fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your efforts while troubleshooting your watches, and for your feedback. Our team will continue working on the Versa 2 and its performance to enhance your experience with it and keep you motivated toward your fitness goals.

As a small reminder, this thread is related to any difficulty experienced during or after the Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (35.70.7.21) update for the Versa 2. If you have issues to set up, sync, compatibility or notifications, I'd recommend to start a new thread in the Android board, iOS board or Windows 10 board so you can have more chance to receive help from the Community.

@netmann, thanks for getting back and I'm sorry for missing your question. If a new update is released, this one will replace the previous one, meaning that you'll be prompted to update the new one directly on your Versa 2 without needing to go through the Fitbit OS 4.1.1 update first.

@mjawilhelms, thanks for sharing that the swipe function on your Versa 2 isn't working correctly. Since you mentioned to have the (32.70.7.14) version on your watch, may I know if you've had issues to download the latest (35.70.7.21) version? If so, let me recommend to try the steps described in this help article. That way you can monitor its behavior after the firmware update. Let me know how it goes.

@CourtneyS_78, I understand your concern and since I don't have access to your case, let me suggest to reply back to the last email sent by our team. That way they can provide you with more information about their resolution. You can always check this link for any warranty-related inquiry.

@Lismoron and @SunsetRunner, thanks for sharing your thoughts about not being able to see your swim laps directly on your watch. Our team has received feedback from our Versa 2 members who want to see their data when swimming. My best advice is to visit this request posted in the Feature Suggestions board and show your support by adding your vote. That way it can gain the attention of our developers.

I'll be around if you have any other inquiry about your watches.

Best Answer

Dear Lizzy,
A few months ago I already received this suggestion. When I look at the reaction, dozens of Fitbit users are very disappointed that Fitbit does not give any positive reaction to swimmers. It is actually incredibly crooked, blunder, that the correct swimming software is on the normal Versa and Ionic and not on the Versa 2. It is apparently too difficult to admit a big mistake. What pisses me off is that the seller in the store simply says that the correct software has been installed for the swimming similar to the Versa and Ionic.
Sincerely

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just come across this thread and geez!! they've done it again. I'm now on my 7th Fitbit 3xAlta and 3xCharge 3 and now a Versa 2 (all Warranty replacements). This litany of problem has been part of the history for Fitbit with all models.

Long ago I came to the conclusion that the SVP Product needs to be fired. There are four key parts to a Fitbit, the device the app, the dashboard and the backend database. It would seem that none of the teams talk to each other and there is certainly no comprehensive end to end testing of apps when they change. Defects reported over 2years ago remain in place across the product range.

The sad thing is users have offered to help with identifying solutions to problems but they just get ignored

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy

In response to your reply to my post re: heart rate inaccurate: My heart rate appears on my Versa 2 and also my iPad, which I zoom up 6.5 times. In this way, I can see my heart rate across the room without turning over my wrist - very handy when on the Elliptical machine and my Concept II Rowing Ergometer.

Unfortunately, what appears on my iPad is pure drivel. My heart rate does not go through such swings. I finally gave up yesterday and re-installed my Charge 3. This AM (Sunday) my chart actually makes sense - first time since the firmware update for the Versa 2. Your customer service tech recommended to do a complete Factory Reset on my Versa 2. Before I do that, I will continue to use my  Charge 3 for my workouts this week.

Just for fun, I place both watches side by side on my wrist. After a few minutes, the Versa 2 showed 104 bpm and my Charge 3 showed 74 bpm. I was just sitting there. Last week my Versa 2 showed 54 bpm while intensely working out - 4 bpm BELOW my resting heart rate. And it stayed there for a while. Total accuracy is not what is necessary - just something that approximates reality.

And yes, my app is up to date and I am wearing the watch correctly. The Versa 2 is screwed up (a technical term) since the firmware update and I hope that later this week when I do the Factory Reset on the Versa 2, I will get back a decent heart rate monitor. I doubt it. I hope so - I like Alarm feature on the Versa 2. In the meantime, wearing the Charge 3 is a delight - it works properly.

Monitoring my heart rate with a large display is why I purchased the Versa 2 - it worked well for its intended purpose and then came the new firmware...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy

Just spent an hour with a detailed post about the inaccurate heart rate monitor and reinstalling my Charge 3 to get accurate readings again. I did an edit (about 5:20PM) and the post was lost. If you can bring it back - great. 

Update: It's back. Thanks Lizzy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner, @SunsetRunner and @Lenwade. It's good to see you here again.

@SunsetRunner and @SunsetRunner, thanks to both of you for sharing your feedback about the Versa 2 and its performance. I understand where you're coming from about not being able to take advantage of the features included in your watches. Our team strives to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, that's why every feedback shared in the forums is really appreciated as it helps us to evaluate our procedures to make sure that we are delivering what our users want and need. I'm sorry that you're having this experience with the Versa 2 and be sure that your comments haven't gone unnoticed.

@Lenwade, thanks for getting back with the requested information and for using your Charge 3 to test its heart rate function. I know how important is to keep accurate data recorded in the Fitbit app when working out or resting. Since you already have a case created with our Support team, I'd suggest to give a try to the steps recommended by them, as well to keep an open communication about the outcome. That way they can go ahead and monitor your watch's behavior to provide you with further assistance. About your last inquiry, for some reason your post went to spam but it was released and brought back to this thread. Thanks for the heads up and if you noticed something similar, you can always flag it or let me know.

See you around.

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy

I really appreciate that you brought back my long post above detailing my experience. Thank you!

The customer service representative was fantastic - resolved many of my user issues except the heart rate monitor issue which remains. As I mentioned before, I am using my Charge 3 to compare results to the last few weeks, post update, before I do a Factory Reset on the Versa 2. I will keep the representative informed as the week progresses. As I work out every day, I have a good idea what my heart is doing -  the heart rate monitor after the Versa update is unfortunately useless.

A recurring problem, brought back again after the update is the inability to compose an email on an iPad. No problem using an iPhone. If you wish, please refer to my recent case for details.

Again - thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I not rollback? got this as a gift from December but with this firmware update it made the touch screen sluggish and couple factory reset now made my screen permanent stay on Reset Failed screen. Was happy to tell my colleague how good Fitbit is, guess I tell them to avoid if firmware can easily break your watch.

IMG_20200302_174421.jpg

Best Answer

Ever since I got this update, it has been a nightmare. I feel like something is wrong with my watch. It goes black and then I cannot get it to work, have to reset it a few times a day. Sometimes it freezes up when this happens and again have to reboot it. any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve given up with Fitbit. My Versa 2 started recording erratic heart rates and not recording at times when it was in exercise mode. After a month Fitbit don’t seem bothered about all the issues the latest “update” has caused. I’ve switched to Garmin. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear lizzy 

ever since the new updates, it is so difficult to get my versa 2 to sync with the app. The only way to get it sync is to unpair and redo the pairing again. It will works for a while or maybe for a day and it goes back to the status where it cannot find my device. It is quite foolish to redo the pairing every time I need to sync and it gets worst if there are another Fitbit watch nearby. Reset the watch To factory setting did not do much help and I strongly believe something is not done correctly when your team comes out with the new firmware updates. The previous updates was a total nightmare, it screwed up my versa and the battery drainage issue. Now after waiting for the new release updates, it did not solved the battery drainage issue with the first versa but brought along sync issue with the versa 2. Forward our problems to your team does not mean anything if the initial problems are not solved. I really hope your team can look into all these problem and find a solution to it, instead of going through motion coming up with minor improvements with new features where the initial problem that cause the watch to be not using to their basic functions.

thanks

Best Answer
Did you contact them about your issue? I have problem syncing and notifications also when my I update my Fitbit app. Now they are telling me to update my firmware. I’m so hesitant to to it cause it may get worst.
Best Answer

Hey Jedens1

I thought I was angry!

I am now back to my Charge 3 as the heart rate monitor on the Versa 2 is useless. I have been instructed to do a factory reset but after reading some of these posts, I am afraid to turn my Versa 2 into a brick.

I will wait until another firmware update arrives. If you recall, the latest update was to improve the monitor but instead made it into a random number generator. Switching to an Apple watch is not feasible as one cannot sync to an iPad. Important to me as I zoom up my heart rate so that I can see it across the gym.

I am investigating other devices in the meantime but their reviews sound awfully familiar: "This only records 6 minutes of my 20 minute workout" - "I know my heart rate is not this high (low)" - "This thing broke after 10 minutes" etc etc.

Funny that my Charge 3 just flat out works. Lettering a bit small but whatever. If a firmware update is offered for the Charge 3, no way will I update. I just have a feeling the Fitbit engineers do not workout, ever...

Best Answer

I contacted fitbit customer service. They told me what to do to receive a new one, which I did. Mine was under a year . I had to go do a little video demonstrating what's wrong, and provide proof of purchase which I pulled of amazon. They sent a detailed email on what to do. I got a new one. Just the watch part. I had to put on my watch and and keep my charger. No biggie. New working so far. Any issues again., switching from fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes